well known rumours site

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Manchester United will keep a close eye on Leicester City's Ashley Chambers, who turns sixteen next week. A host of Premiership clubs are keeping an eye on the youngster who made an appearance in the Carling Cup for his hometown club, where he's been since he was eight. As he can only sign a professional contract next year, Leicester City are weary of having him poached by bigger clubs before then

is he any good, he must have something about him to attract this much interest and play for us, but never seen him play

wasnt the rules changed to stop clubs poaching kids before they could sign contracts ? any anoraks about ?

Last edited:
lazzer said:
wasnt the rules changed to stop clubs poaching kids before they could sign contracts ? any anoraks about ?

One rule for them one rule for us...:018:

something happened because otherwise southampton would have got zip from arsenal for walnut. so there must be something somewhere in sepp blatters guide to football TM

lazzer said:

No. He's not allowed to sign a professional contract until he's 17, but when he reaches that age he can sign for anyone, we'd just get compensation rather than a transfer fee, and the compensation would be bugger all.

He could sign a pre-contract agreement with us before his 17th birthday, but he couldn't be forced to do that, if a big club makes it known that they want him there's not much we can do to keep him.

Rayvon said:
something happened because otherwise southampton would have got zip from arsenal for walnut. so there must be something somewhere in sepp blatters guide to football TM

Technically, the Southampton deal could have gone to a tribunal if they hadn't have let Walcott go. So that's why they agreed a fee from Arsenal when Chelsea were also interested. Otherwise Walcott, since he wanted to join Arsenal, would have held out for a tribunal and left Suothampton with about £100,000 and a few tracksuits

Boy Genius said:
not me Cate............I look at anything between 18 and 80.. Men and animals included, no shame me:icon_eek:

I am shocked and disgusted BG, and a man of your reputation as well :icon_lol:

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I am shocked and disgusted BG, and a man of your reputation as well :icon_lol:

well it is a rumours thread.............:icon_conf

thing is, you can be class at 16 and england yoof, but turn out to be a complete pile of Tommy Wright

Darth Vodka said:
thing is, you can be class at 16 and england yoof, but turn out to be a complete pile of Tommy Wright

You are dead right there DV.

I remember a number of years ago Jason Peake played for England schoolboys and was absolutely outstanding as a teeneager. He went on to make only a handful of appearences for the first team (scoring 1 goal if i remember). He was the best thing since sliced bread and then Brian Little let him go to somewhere like Rochdale.

I always thought that we would regret that one day but did he prove BL wrong? No, he played all his football in the lower leagues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566