well known rumours site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darth Vodka said:
thing is, you can be class at 16 and england yoof, but turn out to be a complete pile of Tommy Wright

Absolutely. In Fever Pitch, Nick Hornby uses the example of Gus Caesar. He must have been the best player at school, the best in Arsenal youth, the best in Arsenal reserves. But when it came to the first team he was one of the worst players Arsenal had ever seen. It takes a lot to make it to the top.

The Voice From Above said:
You are dead right there DV.

I remember a number of years ago Jason Peake played for England schoolboys and was absolutely outstanding as a teeneager. He went on to make only a handful of appearences for the first team (scoring 1 goal if i remember). He was the best thing since sliced bread and then Brian Little let him go to somewhere like Rochdale.

I always thought that we would regret that one day but did he prove BL wrong? No, he played all his football in the lower leagues.

Same here, there's many a player I thought "hope we haven't lost a gem here and we regret it later". But not many of them actually come back to haunt us.

glyn said:
Absolutely. In Fever Pitch, Nick Hornby uses the example of Gus Caesar. He must have been the best player at school, the best in Arsenal youth, the best in Arsenal reserves. But when it came to the first team he was one of the worst players Arsenal had ever seen. It takes a lot to make it to the top.

Remember that Lamptey kid at Aston Villa. 10 years or so ago. He was deemed to be the next big thing, and god knows what happened to him. :102: Same with Cherno Samba, was at Millwall, the big clubs were after him until he disappeared, he is now a squad player at Cadiz in Spain.

glyn said:
Same here, there's many a player I thought "hope we haven't lost a gem here and we regret it later". But not many of them actually come back to haunt us.

The Oldham match in which Gary Lineker made his debut, another lad called Dave Buchanan also made his debut and it was a dream, I believed he scored as well. GL was just another young player trying to make it and did nothing to suggest he would one day play regular for Leicester let alone Barcelona! All the talk was about Buchanan for weeks. We sold him to Sunderland and he just faded away.
GL on the other hand.................................:038:

Boy Genius said:
The Oldham match in which Gary Lineker made his debut, another lad called Dave Buchanan also made his debut and it was a dream, I believed he scored as well. GL was just another young player trying to make it and did nothing to suggest he would one day play regular for Leicester let alone Barcelona! All the talk was about Buchanan for weeks. We sold him to Sunderland and he just faded away.
GL on the other hand.................................:038:

Didn't Sir Gary play on the wing that day, just like he ended up doing under Cruyff at Barca!!

Mike Hunt Smells said:
Remember that Lamptey kid at Aston Villa. 10 years or so ago. He was deemed to be the next big thing, and god knows what happened to him. :102: Same with Cherno Samba, was at Millwall, the big clubs were after him until he disappeared, he is now a squad player at Cadiz in Spain.

Peter Ndlovu was supposed to be the Zimbabwean Pele :icon_roll

Mind you Jooolian Joachim was the English Romario for a while....

glyn said:
Didn't Sir Gary play on the wing that day, just like he ended up doing under Cruyff at Barca!!

His debut was not very memorable at all, just goes to show how things turn out

Can't remember Gary Linekers exact scoring record with us, but i'm sure he banged in over 20 goals a season for 3 consecutive seasons before he left.He didn't score great goals but was always in the right place at the right time. How i'd love to see another Gary Lineker down here. I can't remember the last time we had a player that hit the 20 goal mark. Iwan Roberts:102:

Brauny Blue said:
Can't remember Gary Linekers exact scoring record with us, but i'm sure he banged in over 20 goals a season for 3 consecutive seasons before he left.He didn't score great goals but was always in the right place at the right time. How i'd love to see another Gary Lineker down here. I can't remember the last time we had a player that hit the 20 goal mark. Iwan Roberts:102:

Dickov when we were promoted, before that Iwan and before that Tommy Wright. And next year Fryatt:icon_bigg

... and from that site today. :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_razz :biggrin: :icon_roll :rolleyes:

The new leicester manager will unveiled in the summer, it will be ian holloway. he will bring in danny shittu, cameron jerome and an unamed player who his certain to sign. also goalkeeper stuart taylor from villa, he had loan spell with the foxes last year and board wanted to sign him and they will fianlly get the chance.
Lcfc squad nxt year.

Stuart Taylor

Richard stearman
Paddy Mccarthy
danny shittu
Patrick Kisnorbo

Momo Sylla
stephen Hughes
unnamed player
iain Hume

Matty Fryatt
Cameron Jerome

Subs=Rab douglas, nils-eric johannson,joe hamill, elvis hammond

I have to question whether its worth posting stuff from there Stevo!!

FFS Holloway is in his back garden turning over his weeds, if we wanted him he would be here now!!

Duzza said:
I have to question whether its worth posting stuff from there Stevo!!

FFS Holloway is in his back garden turning over his weeds, if we wanted him he would be here now!!

Surely it has comedic value. :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :102: :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670