Weller- memorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lako42

Does anyone think that maybe a statue or something could be done outside the ground in rememberence of our legend. After all he did for us and after the money that we raised to help Keith recieve the treatment, i think it should happen. lots of other clubs remember their heros in this way.

what do you think guys

A nice life size bronze statue would look great sited somewhere outside the Walkers

I agree if ever a Leicester player should be honoured with a statue then Keith Weller must be one. Would be a fantastic memorial to a magnificent City player.

Anyone who has never seen Weller just need to watch the first 15 minutes of the 101 great goals video the guy was unbelieveable.

I think that would be really nice. Something to remember him by and an icon for the future. One fox that never quit despite the hand he was dealt. The gentleman and the show man...everything we hold as an ideal of what Leicester should be. Thank you Keith. I have only ever seen the tapes of you playing, but you have captured all our imaginations. :) In life, and in your fight with death...inspirational

The gentleman and the show man

i think that this quote sums keith up. a nice bronze statue with this on the plaque would be a great tribute to him. the thing that makes me respect keith more than anything is that with all his glamour and reputation he stuck with us and the way the leicester fans helped keith with his fight is such a great testiment to us all.

Very good call - I think we should celebrate the brilliance of the man, white tights for sale in the shop please!

A statue would be great, why don't we send our thoughts and ideas to someone at LCFC to encourage them to put a statue up.

RIP Keith Weller

can anyone get in contact with the club for us then. trust where are you

lazzer said:
have the trust any thoughts on a tribute to keith maybe a tournament ?

We are planning to have our 5 a side tournament early in the new year & are currently looking at dates.

I'll raise the idea of the tribute to Keith with the rest of the FT board, personal view would be that it would be a good idea.

White tights all round?

lako42 said:

We are sure this will be raised at the Fans Forum this week. We wouldn't be surprised if the answer would be 'yes you can erect one if you pay for it' based on a previous discussion on recognising legends.

We have already been approached by another fan for having one in Gordon Banks honour being an LCFC player & world cup winner.

Foxes_Trust said:
lako42 said:

We are sure this will be raised at the Fans Forum this week. We wouldn't be surprised if the answer would be 'yes you can erect one if you pay for it' based on a previous discussion on recognising legends.

We have already been approached by another fan for having one in Gordon Banks honour being an LCFC player & world cup winner.

when and where ? and i assume its open house?

sounds great mate. a statue with the white tights on would be amazing.
whens your next meeting mate?

well seeing as the West Stand hasn't been named yet what about calling that the Keith Weller Stand and sticknig a statue on the corner of the West/North stand near the road??

been talking about this on the OS boards as well and most people want something done to remember him by.

i know a statue would cost money but how much do you think we could raise now if the amounts raised for his treatment was anything to go by?

true.

and maybe we cold ask certain ex-players if they wouldn't mind digging into their pockets yet again???

might be a tall order but if you don't ask,you don't get!

some of us on the OS are emailing Birchy on the Centuryfm footy show so hopefully something might happen.

Thats a good idea for Birch to run around the pitch again during the last home game

beaumontfox said:
true.

and maybe we cold ask certain ex-players if they wouldn't mind digging into their pockets yet again???

might be a tall order but if you don't ask,you don't get!

some of us on the OS are emailing Birchy on the Centuryfm footy show so hopefully something might happen.

Could someone call in tonight, or during the week to suggest it. I would but my GF would think I'm nuts...she already believes that the combined IQ of the people who call in doesn't come to double figures...women ay?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669