Wes Morgan appointed captain

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
http://www.lcfc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~2852975,00.html

Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson has named defender Wes Morgan as Club captain ahead of the start of the 2012/13 season.

Morgan, 28, takes on the captaincy at the start of his first full season with the Foxes, having joined the Club from Nottingham Forest during the January transfer window.

City boss Pearson said: "Wes has shown great leadership qualities throughout his career and his experience and strength of character have been real assets to the squad since he joined us in January.

"As well as being an exceptional player, he is an individual everybody in the squad respects greatly and a very good communicator on the pitch. I am sure he will thrive on the responsibility of leading the team next season."

Morgan has amassed 427 career appearances during 10 years a professional.

"It's a tremendous honour and something I'm extremely proud to be asked to do, because there are a number of my team mates that would be just as capable of doing the job," Wes told lcfc.com.

"I'm fortunate that I'm part of a talented squad that is full of leaders and big characters, which should stand us in good stead as a group for the new season."

Prefer him getting it to Wellens, since I was hoping Wellens wouldn't be in the first XI

Couldn't give a toss what the Forest fans think.
Besides, I think they've got more pressing matters to worry about than who we are appointing captain.
Oh, I forgot, they don't care about us ;)

Couldn't give a toss what the Forest fans think.
Besides, I think they've got more pressing matters to worry about than who we are appointing captain.
Oh, I forgot, they don't care about us ;)

I'd have thought they would be too absorbed with their new 'iconic' manager (what a joke!) to care about what we and Wes Morgan are doing.

I'd have thought they would be too absorbed with their new 'iconic' manager (what a joke!) to care about what we and Wes Morgan are doing.

Well their fans seem happy about it as they can play "football" now not "hoofball" and this guy ........well

Absolutely delighted for Sean - he certainly deserves his crack at managing a 'big club' with all the success he had at Doncaster and Bournemouth. I hope this finally lays to rest the idea that it was just coincidence that our results improved when Sean joined toward the end of last season.

I think the most important thing for me is not his previous success, it's his intelligence. For me you can't underestimate just how important that is - someone who can look at a squad, identify the weak players, the strong players and where the holes in the squad are. Someone to look at the opposition and plan tactics to exploit their weaknesses yet keep us sound at the back. Someone who can adapt as the game changes who can alter our approach. Someone who can work closely with the players to improve their game, both mentally and technically. Someone to plan a long term strategic approach to the development of the club, rather than just short term firefighting. Someone who's not afraid to chuck youth players in. Someone who gets respect from the players for being all this and more.

You only get that from clever, intellectual managers. Sean O'Driscoll is that kind of manager.

What he absolutely needs is fan buy in. We're not going to be special straight away because as it stands our squad is nothing more than relegation fodder. He needs time to bring players in, get them playing his way and getting results. It'll take months rather than weeks. It'd also be nice that when (hopefully) we're playing the O'Driscoll possession based football our fans didn't fukkan boo when we were passing the ball around the back and midfield in a controlling way.

Trust in SOD.

Last edited:
bin dippers? :)

bit tenuous

but that's what you get from...erm...static photosynthesisers

take that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696