Wes Morgan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like you I also had my doubts about Wes when he was signed, one club man, lack of ambition also came into my mind. However he has proved to be an inspired signing. Is it my imagination or has he lost weight, being fitter would certainly help his game. After Kaspers penalty save last night he demonstrated speed of thought and reaction to get to the ball first, he was also behind the penalty taker when he started terrific defending. I believe he is the best centre half we have had for many many years, lets hope that he stays injury free, he is a crucial part of our promotion push.

In recent comments either to the mercury or RL, Pearson stated the club had worked on Morgan's fitness and you are right, he is noticibly leaner. This was my first game this season and I noticed straight away. Pearson and his sports science team deserve some recognition here for improving & developing Morgan.

Last edited:
WM is a strong Championship central defender and always was for Florist until he had a bad injury. He's been our most consistent player this season and it's always reassuring when he's close to the action.

However, I doubt his ability to play at a higher level. I think quality forwards would find playing against him much easier than someone like Bamba. It's horses for courses though, we're in the Championship and he's just what we need right now.

I'm also yet to see anything in either De Laet or James to justify their inflated price tags. Hopefully, some footballing metamorphosis will occur at some point. For me, Peltier was limited in some ways as a defender and De Laet is limited in others. Both have certainly got lots to learn.

As nobody can be sure what was actually paid for James & De Laet I'm not going to say whether they were worth a particular sum or not. What I will say is that De Laet looks as if he could be a fine player for us. With James, time will tell, he seems to me as if he is still feeling his way back after what were bad injury problems. As for big Wes in the Premier, well, we'll just have to see how he shapes up.:icon_wink

Last edited:
WM is a strong Championship central defender and always was for Florist until he had a bad injury. He's been our most consistent player this season and it's always reassuring when he's close to the action.

However, I doubt his ability to play at a higher level. I think quality forwards would find playing against him much easier than someone like Bamba. It's horses for courses though, we're in the Championship and he's just what we need right now.

I'm also yet to see anything in either De Laet or James to justify their inflated price tags. Hopefully, some footballing metamorphosis will occur at some point. For me, Peltier was limited in some ways as a defender and De Laet is limited in others. Both have certainly got lots to learn.

As nobody can be sure what was actually paid for James & De Laet I'm not going to say whether they were worth a particular sum or not. What I will say is that De Laet looks as if he could be a fine player for us. With James, time will tell, he seems to me as if he is still feeling his way back after what were bad injury problems. As for big Wes in the Premier, well, we'll just have to see how he shapes up.:icon_wink

Interesting how opinions on one player can differ. I'm with RS on this one. Sorry BN, i always appreciate your posts and your knowledge and observations but when i saw De Laet i thought he had quality and good pedigree. He may have been a little inconsistent, i can't really comment as i have not seen his every game for us but with time as i have said before i think he could be one of our most significant acquisitions.

I think quality forwards would find playing against him much easier than someone like Bamba.

It's a shame average forwards in the championship didn't find it harder to play against Bamba.

Morgan has been colossal this season. I hope him and Whitbread continue to forge a tough partnership. Yesterday they were massively exposed by others not playing well in front of them. Onwards and upwards!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669