weslowski takes it on the chin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayvon

good journalism BBC....tut tut tut typo :018:

i don't know how a pin in his chin will make his leg any better. :081:

Leicester boss Craig Levein is hoping that James Wesolowski will be back in action by the end of the year.

The 18-year-old defender was left with a broken leg after a challenge with Celtic defender Bobo Balde in a pre-season friendly in July.

"James is now walking without any aid. He is getting there," Levein told the club's official website.

"We might see him back in training in the next six weeks and hopefully he will be fit to play around December."

Balde apologised for the tackle which happened just before half-time of the contest which ended in a 0-0 draw.

Wesolowski has had surgery to put a pin in his chin and now the Australian has got rid of his crutches, Levein is eager to have him back.

"It was fantastic when he came into the side," Levein added. "He brought a bit of pressure to the other players.
"Here was this new kid on the block with fire in his belly, and they had to sit up and take notice. "We are desperate to get him back. Enthusiasm is infectious and we want to get him back as quickly as possible."​

SOURCE: http://http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leicester_city/4312406.stm

Rayvon said:
i don't know how a pin in his chin will make his leg any better.

we must be desperate if we're resorting to acupuncture.

apparently they tried it on lee Morris but the pin turned rusty & now he has blood poisoning

maybe it was to keep him smiling during the recovery, they do say a positive attitude can speed the recovery process

Macky said:
we must be desperate if we're resorting to acupuncture.

apparently they tried it on lee Morris but the pin turned rusty & now he has blood poisoning

The funny thing is that if this were ever to happen it would happen to Lee Morris. :rolleyes: ;)

Clutching at straws! We're putting all our hopes in a youngster with a broken leg. Just how pathetic can LCFC get?

The 18-year-old defender was left with a broken leg after a challenge with Celtic defender Bobo Balde in a pre-season friendly in July.

Jesus, who writes this stuff? I could have written this better myself... from Arizona! How can I know more about the subject than a professional sports journalist?

Actually, that's not hard, is it? ;)

fosseman said:
Clutching at straws! We're putting all our hopes in a youngster with a broken leg. Just how pathetic can LCFC get?

Ask Forest. ;)

fosseman said:

Did CL say? "The only hope we have is for Wes to recover and save us"
Did anybody say that?

How can you turn a comment by CL about wes's recovery into that crap?

LCFC Pathetic????????

Go and support someone else we dont need or want you

Agree Step, what I will say about Weso, had he not got injured, that IMO he would have started the majority of matches this season and I think we would be higher up the league, yes he is only 18 but he is fooking quality and would have made a massive difference.

fosseman said:

On the OS Levein actually says: "I know that he is a kid and I am not saying he is our missing ingredient or anything like that. But enthusiasm is infectious and we want to get him back as quickly as possible."

So it's hardly like we're pinning all our hopes on him, just excited about him come back. Like with the loan of Smith, he's a good player but none of us are saying he's going to make our season, we're just happy that he's here.

LeeH said:
Have we had the exorcism/gypsy/witch removing the 'curse' from the WS yet?

I'm not sure, but in the last relegation season under Micky didn't we have some random psychologist guy come up from London and start talking to the lads? Tom his name was. Was in all the tabloids anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669