Wesolowski pens new deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
linkage:
http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10274~821761,00.html

Wesolowski Pens New Deal

James Wesolowski has signed a new contract that will keep him at the Walkers Stadium until at least the end of the 2007-08 season.

The 18-year-old midfielder broke into the Leicester City first team squad last summer, but his progress was thwarted when he broke his leg in a pre-season friendly against Celtic.

Wesolowski battled back from the injury and made his first league appearance for the club as a late substitute in the 2-1 defeat at home to Cardiff in January.

The young Australian then started four out of the next five games before he cruelly broke his leg again, this time in a different position, away at Brighton.

Wesolowski is currently on track with his rehabilitation programme and hopes to be involved once again when the Foxes return for pre-season training in July.

Boss Rob Kelly said: "We are delighted that James has agreed to extend his contract by a further year.

"He is a young player with a great attitude and has done very well to battle back from two broken legs.

"However he is fully aware that he has still got a lot of work to do.

"We look forward to him playing a part next season, although we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that he is still only a teenager."

SamuearlJackson said:
linkage:
http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10274~821761,00.html

Wesolowski Pens New Deal

James Wesolowski has signed a new contract that will keep him at the Walkers Stadium until at least the end of the 2007-08 season.

The 18-year-old midfielder broke into the Leicester City first team squad last summer, but his progress was thwarted when he broke his leg in a pre-season friendly against Celtic.

Wesolowski battled back from the injury and made his first league appearance for the club as a late substitute in the 2-1 defeat at home to Cardiff in January.

The young Australian then started four out of the next five games before he cruelly broke his leg again, this time in a different position, away at Brighton.

Wesolowski is currently on track with his rehabilitation programme and hopes to be involved once again when the Foxes return for pre-season training in July.

Boss Rob Kelly said: "We are delighted that James has agreed to extend his contract by a further year.

"He is a young player with a great attitude and has done very well to battle back from two broken legs.

"However he is fully aware that he has still got a lot of work to do.

"We look forward to him playing a part next season, although we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that he is still only a teenager."

So? :102: :102: :102:

Surely he's just repeating what he has said a couple of times, that the youngsters need to be brought on gradually, not burned out.

Agree with the OG, also we should be careful of building Weso up too much, I have every hope that he will be a fine player, but we should not heap too much expectation on his shoulders while he is still learning his trade.

OldGit said:
Surely he's just repeating what he has said a couple of times, that the youngsters need to be brought on gradually, not burned out.

I think this is excellent mangement from RK. Under promise and over deliver. God I starting to sound like Melton!!!

PONTUS KAAMARK said:
I think this is excellent mangement from RK. Under promise and over deliver. God I starting to sound like Melton!!!

PONTUS KAAMARK said:

Relax, you are a left-sided Swede not a Wurzel on the ... no, shut up, don't let's start all that again:icon_roll

I dont see the problem with RK trying to keep Weso's feet on the ground and also trying to prevent the fans building him up to be the next messiah and putting the poor lad under immense pressure. Good management IMO.

Melton Fox said:
Same leg, different break

eeerrrr... same leg - not quite a different break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669