West Brom Player Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he did actually position himself on the right wing and put in a couple of crosses.
You do not seriously think Hughes made a good contribution yesterday, do you Jeff?

I'm not saying he played well, but I think Hughes played better than Yeates who barely touched the ball when he came on, he was way off the pace. He put one cross in that went out for a throw in, can't think of anything else he did.

So what did Hughes do in his 75 mins?

Contrived to be nowhere near the right wing most of the time.

We play at our best when we: deny the opposition time on the ball, play very fast and use the width of the pitch to create space.

Hughes rarely does any of those three so I think he is a waste of space. Even when he was given two good close on goal scoring opportunities, he made a complete mess of them.

I am sorry if Hughes thinks 'scrapping' for the ball is undignified but that is how most teams in this division play. And as for being a lightweight, short-arse, Hughes could learn fron Levi who is fully prepared to get in and mix it up!

Only just had chance to post

Hendo 7
Maybury 1
Macauley 7
Kisnorbo 9
Nisse 7
Hughes 0- one of the worst performances by a single player i have ever seen
Johnson 9
Jarrett 7
Porter 4
Hume 6
Horse 8

yeates 6- He stayed wide thank ****

Hendo 8
Maybury 1
Macauley 9
Kisnorbo 9
Nisse 7
Hughes 5
Johnson 8
Jarrett 7
Porter 7
Hume 7
Horse 8

yeates 5

Hughes 5, Maybury 1? Apart from the stupid tackle, I thought Maybury contributed far more to the game than Hughes did. He was not nearly as shite as he normally is, whereas Hughes was just fecking awful!

Henderson 7

Maybury 6
Kisnorbo 8
McAuley 7
Johansson 6

Hughes 4
Johnson 8
Jarret 7
Porter 6

Hume 6
Horsefield 7

I think overall that was the best 90 mins we have played in a league game, the midfield now has a balance and although Jarret is not the most gifted of players he is making runs beyond the front two and just needs to deliver the end product, he also gets stuck in. Maybury commited a stupid tackle for the penalty and is being overly slaughtered on here, I think he did bloody well to roll his sleves up and play a big part in the performance, especially after being booed when he had the ball for a few minutes after the incident. Hughes is not and never will be a winger and left Maybury exposed. I am not getting carried away, it is just nice to have more possitives to look at than negatives and the new era needs to start somewhere.

Henderson 7

Maybury 6
Kisnorbo 8
McAuley 7
Johansson 6

Hughes 4
Johnson 8
Jarret 7
Porter 6

Hume 6
Horsefield 7

Henderson 7

Oustanding RB 10
Kisnorbo 8
McAuley 7
Johansson 6

Oustanding RW 10
Johnson 8
Jarret 7
Porter 6

Outstanding CF 10
Horsefield 7

I would be happy to start with this team in August for a serious promotion push. Remember MM's first £4.5milllion has to cover debt as well as new signings and wages, so I would be surprised if we could afford more than three top notch signings or 4 or 5 good ones.

Hendo is getting better and better by the looks of things. Some smart saves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669