West Brom Player Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 suggests he is in Maybury's 'class'!
I've got Maybury as 2 and Porter 4 which indicates that I thought that Porter was twice the player that Maybury was.

We could go round in circles all night :icon_lol:

Henderson 8

Nissa 7
McAuley 8.1 motm not only for his goal i thought he played superb again today!!
Kisnorbo 8
Maybury 5 (2 first half 8 second half)

Porter 6
Jarrett 3
Johnson 7
Hughes 2

Hume 5
Horsfield 7

Yeates- N/A
I would have like to see Yeates come on for longer & see Elvis come on.

Henderson - made some good saves but still concerned abiut him punching rather than catching and his kicking is still a problem (7)
Maybury - it drives me mad how every time he gets the ball he punts it long down the wing to no-one. Did some decent defending but was left rooted to the spot in giveing away a stupid pen. (5)
Kisnorbo - good, solid, good in the air - need to keep him (8)
McAuley - good game again - was sometimes a bit suspect in his marking (7)
Nissa - get a panic when venturing into the opponents half but another decent defensive show (7)
Hughes - invisible for first 30 mins - deserved substituting (5)
Johnson - good performance again - he is beginning to show his worth (7)
Jarrett - didn't get forward enough, seems rusty but has potential to be good when fitter (6)
Porter - I love it when he get the ball, always seems to be dangerous, had a good shot, good defensive coverage as always - we just need to give him time (6)
Horsfield - I used to think he was donkey but has sown skill and passion and did well again today (7)
Hume - tried hard as usual - please ask him to shoot earlier. (6)
Yeates - disappointing, I has hoping for more from him (5)

Overall we should be happy with the performance

Henderson 7
Johansson 6
McAuley 8
Kisnorbo 7
Maybury 4
Johnson 8
Jarrett 7
Hughes 5
Porter 7
Hume 6
Horsfield 8

Yeates 6

Henderson 8 - Assured performance

Maybury 4 - Worst ever first half, cant pass, his hopeless whoosh up the wing but did improve a little second half
Maculay 7 - Initially struggled with the pace of WBAs front two, made up for it.
Kisnorbo 8 - First 15 struggled, absolute class the rest.
Nissa 7- Very good, it cant think of a time their winger got round him and he can overlap.

Johnson 8 - Good. Done the job.
Jarrett 6 - Average. Just average. He'd do a good thing and then cancel it out.
Hughes 2 - Feck Off.
Porter 5 - He's struggling a bit. He tries to take on the defender in some situations instead of a first time ball across.

Hume 5 - Effort but tries to do stuff 'fancy'.
Horsfield 7 - Bricklayer like performance. He has a footballing brain with other players around him, he'd score all day for you.

Henderson 7
Johansson 6
McAuley 8
Kisnorbo 8
Maybury 6
Johnson 7
Jarrett 7
Hughes 5
Porter 6
Hume 7
Horsfield 6

Yeates 6

Henderson 9

Nissa 7
McAuley 8
Kisnorbo 8
Maybury 5

Porter 6
Jarrett 6
Johnson 7
Hughes 4

Hume 6
Horsfield 8

Hughes was terrible today, the rest of the did OK...

Funny how different people can view the same game. I thought Hughes was outstanding today, but then again, I wasn't there.....

Henderson 6

Nissa 4
McAuley 7
Kisnorbo 6
Maybury 3

Porter 5
Jarrett 2
Johnson 6
Hughes 1

Hume 5
Horsfield 6

Henderson 8....Thouht he was great made some vital saves, stood strong

Maybury 3....Was stupid to give away a pen....to have Maybury and Hughes on the same side is disasterous..can't mark, can't close down and cant tackle

Kisnorbo 8.....Solid as always...we used to think you were shite but now your dynamite!

McAuley 7....Thought he was a bit shakey for the first 20mins but his usual solid self and another goal!!

Nissa 7....dealt with everything thrown at him

Hughes 4....Just hasn't got it, missed a sitter of a header, winds me up when he doesn't close people down

Jarrett 6.... I thought he played ok...nothing special and has room to improve but i think he will come good

Johnson 9.... Again player of the match for me, didn't stop running all game, closing people down and tackling well....vast improvement for a player i thought was garbage a few months ago

Porter 6... Frustrates me abit when he picks the ball up on the halfway line and passes it square or back instead of runnig with it and taking players on....but when he does you always feel something will happen

Hume 7.....I think some of the votes have been harsh, he didn't stop all game, tracking back and making some vital tackles, he did get a knock early on but he kept on going

Feed the horse 8....This is what we have been missing...lucky not to be sent off for his elbow even though he was being fouled before hand (but don't get me started on Urinal) Was end to end, his work rate was fantastic

Urinal 0..... The blokes a fcuking joke...when he blew his whistle you never knew which was he was going to give the free kick even though it was obvious to 25,000 fans....Struts around thinking he's the daddy, he's just a prick!

Henderson 8....Thouht he was great made some vital saves, stood strong

Maybury 3....Was stupid to give away a pen....to have Maybury and Hughes on the same side is disasterous..can't mark, can't close down and cant tackle

Kisnorbo 8.....Solid as always...we used to think you were shite but now your dynamite!

McAuley 7....Thought he was a bit shakey for the first 20mins but his usual solid self and another goal!!

Nissa 7....dealt with everything thrown at him

Hughes 4....Just hasn't got it, missed a sitter of a header, winds me up when he doesn't close people down

Jarrett 6.... I thought he played ok...nothing special and has room to improve but i think he will come good

Johnson 9.... Again player of the match for me, didn't stop running all game, closing people down and tackling well....vast improvement for a player i thought was garbage a few months ago

Porter 6... Frustrates me abit when he picks the ball up on the halfway line and passes it square or back instead of runnig with it and taking players on....but when he does you always feel something will happen

Hume 7.....I think some of the votes have been harsh, he didn't stop all game, tracking back and making some vital tackles, he did get a knock early on but he kept on going

Feed the horse 8....This is what we have been missing...lucky not to be sent off for his elbow even though he was being fouled before hand (but don't get me started on Urinal) Was end to end, his work rate was fantastic

Urinal 0..... The blokes a fcuking joke...when he blew his whistle you never knew which was he was going to give the free kick even though it was obvious to 25,000 fans....Struts around thinking he's the daddy, he's just a prick!

100% agree and the last bit too :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Can't believe some people have given McAuley MOTM, some of his clearances went straight to WBA players (if Maybury had made them he'd have been slaughtered), and he was beaten for pace a couple of times in the first half which led to chances.
Not saying he had a bad game, just he wasn't anywhere near as good as Kisnorbo.

Henderson 7 - made some good saves when the defence fell apart

Nissa 6 - same old
McAuley 7 - got stuck in
Kisnorbo 7 - see above
Maybury 4 - would be 7 if he didnt give away a stupid pen

Porter 7 - i thinks he is improving game by game
Jarrett 7 - covered AJ today
Johnson 6 - getting worse again
Hughes 6 - only for getting in the box! he plays to far back for a right winger

Hume 7 - ran and ran
Horsfield 8 - MOTM held the play together

Hughes was substituted after 76 minutes, which for me was 77 minutes too late!

And what did Yeates do when he came on?

Well he did actually position himself on the right wing and put in a couple of crosses.
You do not seriously think Hughes made a good contribution yesterday, do you Jeff?

Hughes was proberbly the weak link yesterday.

Maybury had a decent game for a change apart from his tackle for the penalty (there can be no defense for what was a badly timed challange)

IMO Kisnorbo and Hedo were the two that stood out

When Yeates came on we did have a better shape

Jarrett 4 - his performance was awful, gave the ball away too much.
Are you joking me-Jarret gave the ball away a maximum of twice all game-if you watch him he doesnt try to be fancy most of the time playing a simple ball so that we keep posession

Henderson 7

Maybury 6-thought he was crap to start but got better as the game went on
Kisnorbo 7.5
McAuley 7
Johansson 6

Hughes 6
Johnson 7
Jarret 7
Porter 6.5

Hume 6
Horsefield 7

Status