Post Match West Ham 1 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was worried about this game but after about ten minutes I couldn't see anyway that West Ham were going to win. They had a couple of spells where they looked like threatening but I thought Leicester were in control pretty much throughout. I agree that WHam were appalling, I can't imagine what Liverpool would have done to them today.

How must West Ham feel? We were supposed to be “rivals” for 7th place at the start of the season and we’ve just sent out a Caraboa Cup team in a league match and beat them.

Justin, Choudhury and Mendy did well.

Only Big Sam can save West Ham now. They’re awful.

Ten and twelve points clear of 4th and 5th respectively now too.
Three clubs could change that before the weekend is over; two of them are unlikely to.

Leicester City matchwinner Demari Gray: "We were control for a lot of it. We let them back in it with the goal at the end of the first half but overall we controlled the game, we put out a fresh team but it paid off.

"I was fine taking the penalty, I'm not really nervous in that situation. Those things happen but it was important to react properly and I did and I got the goal and I was happy. It always means a lot to score and most importantly we got the three points at the end."

On Leicester's aspirations: "We haven't spoke about the title race or the top four, we just take each game as it comes and try and get three points and see where we are at the end of the season."

On not playing regularly: "Anytime you come in if you're not playing so much you have to try and stamp your mark and get yourself in the team. We knew it was a quick turnaround and we knew we'd need a fresh XI but it just shows the quality and depth we've got in the team."

On being shit: "Yes, I know I am. But I'm paid ****ing millions and drive a flash car so **** you plebs".

Following in some fine footsteps:

Not since Blackpool’s Ian Holloway in November 2010 had a Premier League manager made as many changes to his starting lineup this early in the season

We're all agreed then?

I'm not. I was out in the car earlier and talksport was on the radio. Grealish is ****ing brilliants (pre match bants obvs) and he's so good he's better than Madders, Mt Mason etc. They're ripping the Prem a new one even though they're 3rd bottom. Can't count your chickens this season.

West Ham United keeper Lukasz Fabianski: "It's disappointing that we haven't managed to get something from the game. Looking back, it took us a bit to get going in the game and get any fluency. Leicester dominated the first part, we struggled to keep possession. We had a good spell at the end of the first half, the second half seemed quite equal to me but they were more precise at taking their chances.

"Playing at home, that's where we should get the most points. Manuel [Pellegrini] is disappointed with the performances, especially at home, for some while we haven't managed to get anything here. That's where we should be stronger and be able to improve.

On the penalty save: "I like to remember anything from the analysis I've done before the game. Normally their penalty taker is Jamie Vardy so I had to try remember their other penalty takers and Gray has a tendency to go to one corner so I remembered that and managed to save it."

On Declan Rice captaining the side today: "It's great for him to captain us today, for such a great club, it's a great experience for him. The boys tried really hard today, pushing, especially in the second half to try and get back in the game. We have to remember Leicester are a really good side."

On delighting everyone by sliding towards relegation: "Yes, we're going down and I know that will please almost everyone, including many of our own fans given how they support us. We're doing our best to have the best soulless bowl in the Championship next season. It's the West Ham way".

I thought Justin looked excellent. Mendy did well and Iheanacho looked like he could cause problems even though his control and first touch isn't great. Morgan was also very good. Gray did well to put the penalty behind him and finish so well even if he was absolute tripe for most of the game. A word on Perez as well who played in Gray with an exceptional pass and who did all of those things I liked from him earlier in the season.

West Ham are truly one of the worst sides I've seen for a long time however and Declan Rice might be the most overrated footballer in the current England setup.

West Ham United keeper Lukasz Fabianski: "It's disappointing that we haven't managed to get something from the game. Looking back, it took us a bit to get going in the game and get any fluency. Leicester dominated the first part, we struggled to keep possession. We had a good spell at the end of the first half, the second half seemed quite equal to me but they were more precise at taking their chances.

"Playing at home, that's where we should get the most points. Manuel [Pellegrini] is disappointed with the performances, especially at home, for some while we haven't managed to get anything here. That's where we should be stronger and be able to improve.

On the penalty save: "I like to remember anything from the analysis I've done before the game. Normally their penalty taker is Jamie Vardy so I had to try remember their other penalty takers and Gray has a tendency to go to one corner so I remembered that and managed to save it."

On Declan Rice captaining the side today: "It's great for him to captain us today, for such a great club, it's a great experience for him. The boys tried really hard today, pushing, especially in the second half to try and get back in the game. We have to remember Leicester are a really good side."

On delighting everyone by sliding towards relegation: "Yes, we're going down and I know that will please almost everyone, including many of our own fans given how they support us. We're doing our best to have the best soulless bowl in the Championship next season. It's the West Ham way".
I think you should do this for every game we play. Excellent stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669