Post Match West Ham 2 Leicester 2

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Goals from Vardy and a stoppage time Barnes equaliser.

Rubbish first half. Better second half.

Rock Fox

Rubbish first half - delighted to we showed some fight to equalize twice. Cool injury time finish from Barnes - well done son, you only another 102 to overtake Gary Lineaker

BlueNotes

Who played the get out of jail card? Because I thought we were woeful and deserved nothing. So lacking in energy and creativity. Vardy's finish was magic, I'm chuffed for Barnes (lovely ball from YT) but otherwise we did sod all. Nothing happening in the middle for us, kept losing the ball or giving it away. I'm stunned by the levels of apathy on display (except for shouting at the ref for fouls)

popillius

Second half was much better. Faster passing and movement. Chilwell looks a great player going forward and a total liability at the back. Strange really because nobody really stood out. They were all mediocre in the first and all slightly better in the second. Even Barnes when he came on was a bit patchy but he grew into the game very well.

Not a bad point really but we needed to win that to have any chance of 7th. We are in desperate need for a goalscorer, a left back and a winger that's for sure.

Rock Fox

48 points bettering our efforts over recent years apart from the title winning year. What is our highest PL points total in all PL seasons (apart from 15-16)?

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
48 points bettering our efforts over recent years apart from the title winning year. What is our highest PL points total in all PL seasons (apart from 15-16)?
Other than 15/16...

The best was 55 points in 2000.
53 in 1998
49 in 1999

All under Martin O'Neill

popillius

Other than 15/16...

53 in 1998
49 in 1999

All under Martin O'Neill
Well, looking at our next few fixtures and the way we played during the first 45 minutes of today's game, we may not reach the dizzy heights of the points accumulation for 1999 this season.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Well, looking at our next few fixtures and the way we played during the first 45 minutes of today's game, we may not reach the dizzy heights of the points accumulation for 1999 this season.
If we end up with 48 points, it's the same as Peter Taylor's team got in 2001.

Rock Fox

Other than 15/16...

53 in 1998
49 in 1999

All under Martin O'Neill
Thanks Jeff - we're not quite as good now as I thought then - Or maybe it was a more even playing field for the clubs 20 years ago

Rock Fox

What have you been drinking all season - we’ve been complete filth all year, with that complete cock-end in charge
We've all need a good drink after witnessing the majority of our matches this season, but I meant 'now' in comparing our points results to the last few seasons in PL (apart from.. etc.). I fully agree that our style of play has been boring torture for the most part this season - and indisputably worse than anything seen under the MON reign. I hope for better things ( style of play and points gained) under Rodgers.

Jenks

Didn't hear or see any of this game - enjoying an ice cream and fish & chips with the family in Cromer (no, not together). The stats suggest we edged it but the consensus is we were shit - ? A couple of questions as I'm a dumb **** at the best of times - Does this mean Hammers were shitter - or are we not playing to our potential? The way I see our games at the moment is Buck should be taking these as assessment opportunities (lets face it Europe isn't going to happen) but doesn't seem to be mixing anything up? I assume the honeymoon is over - is he taking us in the direction we need to go or is it too early to asses. I did like what Puel was doing with the youth but it has been said plenty of times that we need leadership and experience to take them forward.

Micky

From wha
Didn't hear or see any of this game - enjoying an ice cream and fish & chips with the family in Cromer (no, not together). The stats suggest we edged it but the consensus is we were shit - ? A couple of questions as I'm a dumb **** at the best of times - Does this mean Hammers were shitter - or are we not playing to our potential? The way I see our games at the moment is Buck should be taking these as assessment opportunities (lets face it Europe isn't going to happen) but doesn't seem to be mixing anything up? I assume the honeymoon is over - is he taking us in the direction we need to go or is it too early to asses. I did like what Puel was doing with the youth but it has been said plenty of times that we need leadership and experience to take them forward.
From what I saw, West Ham were fairly wank and we were worse.

LCFC Twitter

1. "I want to thank them (the Club’s fans) for the [Player of the Season] award." 🦊 https://t.co/KIZ9q9P601

2. Brendan Rodgers, who grew up in Carnlough, Northern Ireland, discusses the importance of family and community in Is… https://t.co/9XZ4yuN8Bq

3. .@Madders10 says he has enjoyed his integration into the #lcfc set up after an impressive first season in the… https://t.co/rmQf7VGQkb

4. Scroll through the best images from Hong Kong 📸 🔵 #hksoccer7s 🇭🇰

5. The journey has to start somewhere ⚽️ eToro take a look at how it all began for @HarryMaguire93, @MattyJames_22 an… https://t.co/ksZY4OCIoA

Premier League

P Pld Pts
Manchester City 38  98
Liverpool 38  97
Chelsea 38  72
Tottenham  38  71
Arsenal 38  70
Manchester Utd 38  66
Wolves 38  57
Everton 38  54
Leicester 38  52
10 West Ham Utd 38  52