West Indies Vs England (4th Test)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was absolutely staggered yesterday to see Andrew Strauss reach his ton with a six.
And now Collingwood gets out trying a similar glory shot, apparently.
KP has got out this way at least twice in important situations like that in the past year.

Why do our batsmen feel the need to follow KP's example on this one!!

bell keeps sliding in and out.....

NO comments on this match since Friday, hardly a surprise since it is simply a run-fest. Assuming this is a draw, England won't win the series, once again proving where we are in terms of test match status.

Currently we simply can't take 20 wickets (I know the pitches haven't been very helpful here either) and I wonder whether someone like Simon Jones or Khan will force themselves into the reckoning over the Spring.

NO comments on this match since Friday, hardly a surprise since it is simply a run-fest. Assuming this is a draw, England won't win the series, once again proving where we are in terms of test match status.

Currently we simply can't take 20 wickets (I know the pitches haven't been very helpful here either) and I wonder whether someone like Simon Jones or Khan will force themselves into the reckoning over the Spring.

If all test match wickets were like this the game would die a death.
Terrible for the paying supporters.

but what a waste of a test match. Pitches like this ought to be banned and teams putting one out fined heavily.

This match is dead, im turning over to the SA vs Aus game, looks like a thrilling finish

england 82-1. strauss out for 38

but what a waste of a test match. Pitches like this ought to be banned and teams putting one out fined heavily.

apparently the reason the pitch so flat is that they had a pop concert on it a few months back and the groundsman was concerned the pirch would break up like the one in Antigua, therefore he produced this one which has killed this game and any hope England had of winning the series

apparently the reason the pitch so flat is that they had a pop concert on it a few months back and the groundsman was concerned the pirch would break up like the one in Antigua, therefore he produced this one which has killed this game and any hope England had of winning the series

I dont have a problem with the WI getting a more favourable result for them than us, but this type of wicket is not good for cricket.
In fact we may have a cure for insomnia.
You could tell from very early in the test that this had all the makings of a long boring 5 days.

Last edited:
I dont have a problem with the WI getting a more favourable result for them than us, but this type of wicket is not good for cricket.
In fact we may have a cure for insomnia.
You could tell from very early in the test that this had all the makings of a long boring 5 days.

Agreed, games like this do nothing for the popularity of test cricket.

Only 17 wkts fell during nearly 5 full days of play. Less than 4 per day on average. Its not like both teams are filled with great batsmen either.

Sounds like Harmison has upset the management. Gower reckons something as gone off behind the scenes and doubts he will get in for the final test.

Only 17 wkts fell during nearly 5 full days of play. Less than 4 per day on average. Its not like both teams are filled with great batsmen either.

Sounds like Harmison has upset the management. Gower reckons something as gone off behind the scenes and doubts he will get in for the final test.

Harmison, whilst he is struggling to recapture his best form, IMO he must play in the final test. Sidebottom looks mediocre, whilst Broad and Anderson need some experienced support. On Talksport they reckon that the England management team have stated we will go with five front line bowlers even though it is a 'result' wicket. I would also like to see Shah, Bopara continue and Rashid given an opportunity, therefore 'rest' Collingwood to give these younger players an opportunity to gain some experience prior to the Ashes.

My line up would be:

Strauss (Capt)
Cook
Shah
Pieterson
Bopara
Ambrose (WK)
Rashid
Broad
Swann
Harmison
Anderson

Last edited:
I wouldn't play shah, if he couldn't bat on that wicket (7 and 21) then i don't think he'll be much good on another wicket. He was poor in the field and poor bowling which doesn't leave much hope for him. He's 30 and leaves little hope for the future.

Sidebottom looked terrible, he offered very little bowling and his fielding was poor.

Apart from the actual game, I would recommend a trip to Barbados for the test, atmosphere on the first couple of days was cracking, the nights were good and the island's stunning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669