What Are You Listening To Now?

It really is. A fantastic recommendation Melton!
Nothing short of a pleasure. It's one of those albums that just keeps getting better and better and better.

I feel privelidged to have seen these guys live in the very infancy of their careers. I hope they go on to be very successful, but at the same time, I don't want them to become popular and everybody like them.

Truly brilliant they are

Nothing short of a pleasure. It's one of those albums that just keeps getting better and better and better.

I feel privelidged to have seen these guys live in the very infancy of their careers. I hope they go on to be very successful, but at the same time, I don't want them to become popular and everybody like them.

Truly brilliant they are

Seems to me, they have a poor management. On the selective channels/stations I listen/watch (Indie-related stuff like 6 Music), they gain no coverage.

Seems to me, they have a poor management. On the selective channels/stations I listen/watch (Indie-related stuff like 6 Music), they gain no coverage.
Maybe they're not good enough, or maybe they don't suit the pretentious style of those listeners that try to analyze their music too much. Maybe they don't give a **** about "selective listeners", maybe they've been touring the world for 6 months now and haven't been pushing the commercial side of their business until they've built up a fan base. Maybe they believe in "working the circuit" instead of licking the arses of pretentious music journos.

Or as I said at the start, maybe they're just not good enough

Theres lots of bands I like who are never played on Music Channels,I couldn't give a toss if people like them or not,its what I like thats important to me.Its the same as people who say I don't like the song but the video is good...WTF is that all about:icon_roll

Maybe they're not good enough, or maybe they don't suit the pretentious style of those listeners that try to analyze their music too much. Maybe they don't give a **** about "selective listeners", maybe they've been touring the world for 6 months now and haven't been pushing the commercial side of their business until they've built up a fan base. Maybe they believe in "working the circuit" instead of licking the arses of pretentious music journos.

Or as I said at the start, maybe they're just not good enough

What the feck?!? All I said was maybe they haven't had the best managment to get them on the appropriate airwaves which would make them a big hit. I haven't heard them played on the likes of 6Music or XFM, two stations far from being pretenious. As they organise shows and sessions for new bands to showcase their talent. On 6Music, there is a band every day in the ''Hub'' playing 2 live tracks and then Lamack has a ''Band Of The Day''. The radio station I listen to have an 'indie' audience, surely the type of thing Vega4 should be aiming.

It has no relation to being pretenious or not, I made a statement about their management which obiviously are not pushing in the right places. If you read about these guys some of them I have been in the business for a time, one member is formerly of Idlewild. They have had hits in Ireland and USA, Why? Because they allowed two songs to be used for tv/radio programmes.

''Working The Circuit'' no longer applies when you're part of a massive record label like Sony BMG. It's all numbers for them.

Not even read your reply Hazza, I'm just satisfied I got the desired effect. :icon_lol:

Chill out Hazza, music isn't serious, it's fun

If you read about these guys some of them I have been in the business for a time, one member is formerly of Idlewild. They have had hits in Ireland and USA, Why? Because they allowed two songs to be used for tv/radio programmes.
I don't need to read about them, I already know.

I saw them before the geezer from Idlewild joined, he's a new edition. I've been following their progress since I saw them 6 months ago

Vega4..... again and again and again and again and again and again

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69
10Tottenham 57