What Are You Listening To Now?

Is anyone else almost moved to tears by Radiohead's 'House of cards'? I guess it depends on the mood you're in....

I dunno. I can barely remember either of their last 2 albums. I will dig them out and give them a re-listen one day.

I dunno. I can barely remember either of their last 2 albums. I will dig them out and give them a re-listen one day.

**** one day, make it ASAP! Take it from Ted, In Rainbows is a snorter.

**** one day, make it ASAP! Take it from Ted, In Rainbows is a snorter.

My interest in music has lapsed big time tbh. Only really listen in the gym nowadays and Radiohead doesn't exactly make good workout music. :icon_lol:

My interest in music has lapsed big time tbh. Only really listen in the gym nowadays and Radiohead doesn't exactly make good workout music. :icon_lol:

I jog to Modest Mouse, I make bus journeys* listening to Radiohead.

*Driving test on the 28th, I must pass the fecker!

Saying that, I have been listening to Roy Harper in the gym a lot recently, so who knows.

Peel always said he wanted this song played on the radio when he died:

This song isn't on it, but Stormcock is one of my all-time favourite albums.

[YOUTUBE]Xt1C00e__5c[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
I'll have a skeg, we seem to have fairly similar tastes.

I know you like Radiohead, Nirvana and the Smiths so I'd suggest going to listen to Elliott Smith, he is the real master of dreary alt. music. :icon_wink

I know you like Radiohead, Nirvana and the Smiths so I'd suggest going to listen to Elliott Smith, he is the real master of dreary alt. music. :icon_wink

Well I'm a dreary **** and I like to describe my taste as 'alternative', whatever the **** that means.... Out of interest, Whats yo favourite Smiths song?

Well I'm a dreary **** and I like to describe my taste as 'alternative', whatever the **** that means.... Out of interest, Whats yo favourite Smiths song?

I dunno, not really listened to them in about 3 years. Was never a huge, huge fan though. Don't get me wrong, I like them, just never sort of rushed out to listen to their stuff or anything.

Always preferred the more bullish post-punk stuff of the 80s British alt. scene: Jesus and Mary Chain, Joy Division, the Cure etc. Still listen to JAMC a lot.

That said, I do love that one that goes "Oh, mother, I can feel the water coming over my head," I can't remember its name right now.

Last edited:
I dunno, not really listened to them in about 3 years. Was never a huge, huge fan though. Don't get me wrong, I like them, just never sort of rushed out to listen to their stuff or anything.

Always preferred the more bullish post-punk stuff of the 80s British alt. scene: Jesus and Mary Chain, Joy Division, the Cure etc. Still listen to JAMC a lot.

That said, I do love that one that goes "Oh, mother, I can feel the water coming over my head," I can't remember its name right now.

'I know its over', don't listen to it unless you're feeling utterly suicidal though. Talk about a ****ing downer. I've found myself gravitating more towards Jeff Buckley recently, me rikey.

Jeff Buckley is good yeah, but I never understood the hype based on one album with 2 or 3 throwaway songs on it.

Last edited:
Jeff Buckley is just a poor version of Nick Cave with a woman's voice. :icon_wink

Oooooya ****ah! I'll listen to him and give you a verdict as to whether I prefer him to the Buck or not.

Jeff Buckley is good yeah, but I never understood the hype based on one album with 2 or 3 throwaway songs on it.

Grace, Everybody Here Wants You, The Sky Is A Landfill...... they are all tunes (for want of a better word).

Tom Robinson Band - 2 4 6 8 Motorway
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird
Status Quo - Roll Over Lay Down
Jeff Beck - Hi Ho Silver Lining
Hawkwind - Silver Machine

Obviously reminiscing fondly about Friday nights at the Percy Gee building. Ah, plastic pint pots and roll your own under the tables.

My mate just sent me a link to a video. He describes this as 'the worst song in the history of mankind':

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-agl0pOQfs[/YOUTUBE]

I think he's got that about right, hasn't he?

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00
9Fulham00
10Ipswich00