What Are You Listening To Now?

alex said:
Any good is it HF?

Its a grower Alex,I particulary like Tracks 6 and 8 (Track 8 in particular) However if you don't like Muse then then theres nothing here thats so radical that it going to suddenly make you a fan.In short if you are a fan already then you are going to like it.

Last edited:
Hazzman said:
I have bought Muse's new album, and after repeated listens. I honestly believe that its the last great British album since OK Computer and the third album this decade which is worthy of legend status.

Well worth getting then?

Mike Hunt Smells said:
Well worth getting then?

Well it depends as Highland has said you will like it if you like Muse. I'll be honest if I was a Muse fan, I wouldn't paid full whack for it. I suggest buying Absolution for a fiver in Virgin's sale to see if you like Muse.

My statement earlier was a tad ambigious, it's been a while since there has been a 'great' album which the majority of people say it's a geniune masterpiece of music. OK Computer was probably the last one, one of those albums whose cover will be remember in greats like The Clash's London Calling and Stone Roses's self-titled debut.

In my opinion, Muse's Black Holes And Relevations joins Arcade Fire's Funeral and Arctic Monkey's Whatever People..... are the three albums of this decade which I feel deserve masterpiece status. However, this is dependant on the person as Alex displays his love for Cat Power's The Greatest in which one of my college mate reckons his the album of the year.

Muse are on this album mix of Queen, Radiohead and New Order. For me they remain one of the most accomplished bands from Britain, they achieve all the goals they set out for and remain one of the greatest live bands currently going.

I've got Absolution. It took a while for me to get into. I still listen to it from time to time, and I have been waiting for the new one. Their new single sounds really good, and my mate from college tells me that there are a couple of similar sounding songs on the new album.

With Queen and Radiohead being 2 of my all time favourite bands, and New Order being a very good band as well, I think the comparisons you make from these to Muse has tempted me even more to get the new album!

Last edited:
Mike Hunt Smells said:
I've got Absolution. It took a while for me to get into. I still listen to it from time to time, and I have been waiting for the new one. Their new single sounds really good, and my mate from college tells me that there are a couple of similar sounding songs on the new album.

With Queen and Radiohead being 2 of my all time favourite bands, and New Order being a very good band as well, I think the comparisons you make from these to Muse has tempted me even more to get the new album!

Well if you think Absolution's decent, give it a bash then. Ask to borrow it before buying MHS.

Hazzman said:
Well if you think Absolution's decent, give it a bash then. Ask to borrow it before buying MHS.

I will do, as I normally do before buying albums. :icon_bigg

Ox Fox said:
Using Al Green's backing band was a stroke of genius

Saw it all live just recently, really works too - although she's an absolute nutcase.....Drummer plays with Neil Young too (not like that HF).

Love it.

highland fox said:
Wild times indeed Alex...:icon, when I get lonely I normally clutch the champ in one hand, put on some Pet Shop Boys and open my collection of GAYDAR pics....It works for me, but then, I do love batty...

So not right HF.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464