What Are You Listening To Now?

Ox Fox said:
:018: Fecking liar, you told me you only listen to 'Metallic Blue' as it's got far superior production.

Nah 'Son of a Loaded Gun' swings me in favour of 'Slaves' for me...

highland fox said:
Slaves of the New World-Steelhouse Lane

The only place you are gona hear that is on a sampler on the net.. I'd like to see you try and pick the cd up in your local recordstore.. no ****er sells it =/

TornadoShaunUK said:
The only place you are gona hear that is on a sampler on the net.. I'd like to see you try and pick the cd up in your local recordstore.. no ****er sells it =/

I got it on Prescription

TornadoShaunUK said:
lol - what.. 'doctor doctor I have a crap taste in music'... 'here try some of this..'

Still sending in the reviews eh Shaun?:icon_wink

Melton Fox said:
Did you but it on it's original release in '99 H, or is it a recent discovery to the "poodle rock" genre

I bought it when I was going my adult,mature,meaningful rock phase,unfortunately I have now gone back to listening to childish stuff like Street Spirit and No Surprises...I'm such a shallow fecker:102:

highland fox said:
I bought it when I was going my adult,mature,meaningful rock phase,unfortunately I have now gone back to listening to childish stuff like Street Spirit and No Surprises...I'm such a shallow fecker:102:

lol

since when did I say your kind of music was childish? All I said is 'I think it's crap'. Still, if you think that it's childish...

anyway, on topic - I am listening to 'Seventh Key - Prisoner Of Love'..

quite an adult song, meaningful, especially if your a bit of a prisoner of love, or shit music... like our Highland here... perhaps I should re-write the lyrics

TornadoShaunUK said:
lol

since when did I say your kind of music was childish? All I said is 'I think it's crap'. Still, if you think that it's childish...

anyway, on topic - I am listening to 'Seventh Key - Prisoner Of Love'..

quite an adult song, meaningful, especially if your a bit of a prisoner of love, or shit music... like our Highland here... perhaps I should re-write the lyrics

Serious stuff...

highland fox said:
Serious stuff...

isn't it.. evidantly you missed the sarcastic tone of the post, but seeings as you obviously don't really know tone all that well, I'll forgive your mistake.

TornadoShaunUK said:
isn't it.. evidantly you missed the sarcastic tone of the post, but seeings as you obviously don't really know tone all that well, I'll forgive your mistake.

Thanks Shaun...happy listening.

highland fox said:
that one of Wingers ?:icon_wink
Winger is the biggest pile of girlie tripe to ever hit the rock scene. If you can remember the Metallica video for Nothing Else Matters, they are throwing darts at a poodle rocker, that is Kip Winger

Rubbish, girlie nonsense throwing out tripe power ballad after tripe power ballad.

Winger have done some okay stuff.. there best song is probably 'spell I'm under' off the Pull album. I think their biggest song is 'Miles Away' which is like a pop rock ballad. I do think he does an excellent acoustic version of that song on one of his solo albums. I think songs like Down Incognito and Rainbow In The Rose are quite good by them aswell. They also used to have Reb Beach (who I believe has been with Whitesnake) on guitars at one point and that's definately when they made their better stuff. I guess they are one of those bands that come across as being more about the image but I think they did have some okay stuff. You might even like Spell I'm Under, it's like a 'moody' ballad.

I do like one or 2 of Wingers songs, but in general they represent everything that gave 80's rock a bad name.

Perm, Brown leather waistcoat with nothing underneath but a hairy chest, too many pop power ballads, and designer stubble with 2 sleepers in his left ear.

Hold on a mo, I think I've just described somebody rather too close to home also living the 80's glam scene :icon_redf :icon_lol: (no hairy chest though)

Melton Fox said:
I do like one or 2 of Wingers songs, but in general they represent everything that gave 80's rock a bad name.

Perm, Brown leather waistcoat with nothing underneath but a hairy chest, too many pop power ballads, and designer stubble with 2 sleepers in his left ear.

Hold on a mo, I think I've just described somebody rather too close to home also living the 80's glam scene :icon_redf :icon_lol: (no hairy chest though)

dude, that was the image back then.. it was pretty tacky, but fock the image.. it's all about the music. Pull is a genuinely decent album I think, by far their best.

http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/winger/93601/album.jhtml

they got samples of some of their stuff from that album here. If you like Skid Row, I wouldn't be surprised if you atleast find this album 'listenable' there are some good songs on it. I'm afraid Winger is another example of people who judge a band by image rather than by their music.. that's what happens when you mention 80s rock to people really..

Shaun,

I lived through 80's poodle rock. I know all the bands, seeing Whitesnake, Jovi, Poison, Skid Row, G 'n' R, Leppard, Europe, White Lion, Motley Crue, Mr Big, Aerosmith, Warrant, Extreme, etc etc on more than one occasion

I saw Winger come and go, they need no introduction to me, they are shite

Last edited:
Melton Fox said:
Shaun,

I lived through 80's poodle rock. I know all the bands, seeing Whitesnake, Jovi, Poison, Skid Row, G 'n' R, Leppard, White Lion, Motley Crue, Mr Big, Aerosmith, Warrant, Extreme, etc etc on more than one occasion

I saw Winger come and go, they need no introduction to me, they are shite

lol

All my bands. Well each to his own, I think Winger have done some half decent stuff myself..

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463