What are you watching on TV

Currently, at this very moment, Monster Jam (i.e. trucks) It's bonkers. I could become a fan.

The Mercury Prize ceremony. What a tremendous speech at the end, really inspiring.

The League of Gentlemen is up on iPlayer now. I think it’s gone on fairly recently because it wasn’t there a few months ago.

I remember seeing bits of it when I was a kid and being slightly freaked out and obviously not getting half of the jokes. I’ve always held the stars in high esteem without ever having watched TLOG properly.

**** me it’s funny. I know this probably isn’t a revelation to most of you but if you haven’t seen it it’s worth a watch. Steve Pemberton’s characters in particular, Pauline, Harvey Denton, Herr Lipp…. Amazing. It doesn’t feel like it’s remembered or talked about particularly, other than being known for being a bit dark and Pythonesque. There’s a lot of comedy from the 90’s that has aged well so maybe it’s a victim of that. There are elements of it that simply wouldn’t be made now but fair ****s to the beeb, they’ve left it all in as far as I can tell.

More than making up for the lack of football this week.

The League of Gentlemen is up on iPlayer now. I think it’s gone on fairly recently because it wasn’t there a few months ago.

I remember seeing bits of it when I was a kid and being slightly freaked out and obviously not getting half of the jokes. I’ve always held the stars in high esteem without ever having watched TLOG properly.

**** me it’s funny. I know this probably isn’t a revelation to most of you but if you haven’t seen it it’s worth a watch. Steve Pemberton’s characters in particular, Pauline, Harvey Denton, Herr Lipp…. Amazing. It doesn’t feel like it’s remembered or talked about particularly, other than being known for being a bit dark and Pythonesque. There’s a lot of comedy from the 90’s that has aged well so maybe it’s a victim of that. There are elements of it that simply wouldn’t be made now but fair ****s to the beeb, they’ve left it all in as far as I can tell.

More than making up for the lack of football this week.

One of my all time favourites. I remember going to see the live version too back in about 2000. I've always liked Inside No. 9 too.

I can't remember anything wrong in TLOG but I've not watched it for a long time. I might have to revisit.

I don't really understand what's permissable in comedy nowadays. I saw a new comedy called Henpocalypse the other day where all men have been killed off except one almost naked stripper who is treated entirely as a sex object throughout, with every other 'joke' being about his penis. Imagine that with the sexes involved reversed? It would be impossible to make, let alone given a prime BBC slot. Like I say, I don't get the rules now.

I don't really understand what's permissable in comedy nowadays. I saw a new comedy called Henpocalypse the other day where all men have been killed off except one almost naked stripper who is treated entirely as a sex object throughout, with every other 'joke' being about his penis. Imagine that with the sexes involved reversed? It would be impossible to make, let alone given a prime BBC slot. Like I say, I don't get the rules now.
It sounds shit

These days, if you say you’re English, you get arrested and thrown in jail

These days, if you say you’re English, you get arrested and thrown in jail
What just for saying you’re English you’ll get arrested and thrown in jail.

NFL. Jeez I love it.
As my dislike of football has grown over the last couple of years I’ve started to find a lot more time for other sports that I’d never had much of an interest in.

Really enjoyed the cricket that I’ve found time to watch this summer, same with the world atheltics champs and Diamond League. Even watched a couple of hours of the rugby World Cup over the weekend without it getting on my tits.

I’ve got to say I still find American Football utterly baffling and unwatchable but who knows, maybe one day.

As my dislike of football has grown over the last couple of years I’ve started to find a lot more time for other sports that I’d never had much of an interest in.

Really enjoyed the cricket that I’ve found time to watch this summer, same with the world atheltics champs and Diamond League. Even watched a couple of hours of the rugby World Cup over the weekend without it getting on my tits.

I’ve got to say I still find American Football utterly baffling and unwatchable but who knows, maybe one day.
You need to play some John Madden on the megadrive.

Try watching Redzone. You might find it an easier watch.

Honestly, ignore the rules. Simplify it by understanding that they get 4 attempts to move it 10 yards (although they’ll normally only use 3 and then kick it away or take a field goal) and if they do that, it resets. All the offside and false start shite can follow, but Redzone allows you to watch the main bits from all the games, as teams get close to scoring and the rest of it is just detail that you don’t need to bother about.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463