What comes around.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have only previously responded to one post of yours regarding the game, and that was just passing on what a Forest supporting work colleague had told me. You must be getting me mixed up with someone else?

To reply to your post however, if two months ago the scores were 2-2, I believe that either team would have gone all out for the win. There's all this 'Forest only care about Derby' and 'Leicester's closest rival is Coventry' etc, but that aside, the games between our teams is one of the first games supporters look out for on fixture release day. It's a local derby that neither want to lose.

You keep referring to it as luck, something I disagree with i'm afraid.
I am not saying it was a lucky win per se. I am simply saying that when both teams threw caution to the wind in the last few minutes chasing the win that you had the little piece of luck that we didnt.

And you really believe that we would allowed one defender to mark three players whilst we all careered up front chasing a win......

Luck is a massive factor in football. Better teams tend to get more of it, but if Cox hadn't slipped, if Schmeichel hadn't saved at the foot of the near post, if one of their shots or glancing headers had gone the right side of the post, if Matty James' shot hadn't been deflected, etc etc. Forest have had a terrific end to the season, all things considered. No shame in finishing where they have.

As I said before, 15 games ago we were staring at relegation so was chuffed to bits simply to have something to play for on the last day.

Hooray for the ignore function.

Why cant all supporters of other teams be as lovely, intelligent, humorous and as well-hung as Rhydal?
Got me on ignore but still feel need to comment :064:

Luck is a massive factor in football. Better teams tend to get more of it, but if Cox hadn't slipped, if Schmeichel hadn't saved at the foot of the near post, if one of their shots or glancing headers had gone the right side of the post, if Matty James' shot hadn't been deflected, etc etc. Forest have had a terrific end to the season, all things considered. No shame in finishing where they have.

None of those things are luck. They are all events which came about because of poor or good decisions players made within the confides of a football match, which are entirely controlled by people involved in the football match. A save by a goalkeeper is good positioning/timing from our goalkeeper, a miss by an opposition player is poor finishing/poor decision making by the opposition player, nothing to do with random chance whatsoever.

Luck as a concept simply does not or cannot exist in an environment which is so rigidly controlled by the decisions of 22 players and 3 officials, as football is.

The team whose players make the right decisions at the right time will always win a game of football, even ignoring poor decision making by the officials (unless the officials are literally bribed so that one team cannot score), simple as that.

None of those things are luck. They are all events which came about because of poor or good decisions players made within the confides of a football match, which are entirely controlled by people involved in the football match. A save by a goalkeeper is good positioning/timing from our goalkeeper, a miss by an opposition player is poor finishing/poor decision making by the opposition player, nothing to do with random chance whatsoever.

Luck as a concept simply does not or cannot exist in an environment which is so rigidly controlled by the decisions of 22 players and 3 officials, as football is.

The team whose players make the right decisions at the right time will always win a game of football, even ignoring poor decision making by the officials (unless the officials are literally bribed so that one team cannot score), simple as that.
So a player takes a shot, hits the post due to his poor shooting ability, which then hits the well position goalkeeper and goes in, and that's not luck?
Extreme example, but deflections, gusts of wind, underfoot conditions, injuries and other factors which are out of the decision making process do play a part.

Unlike the side you support.
FFS you get a goal when caution is thrown to the wind and you think you have the right to slag us off.

He who laughs last etc.

Last edited:
FFS you get a goal when caution is thrown to the wind and you think you have the right to slag us off.

He who laughs last etc.

Almost one week on and still drowning in it's own tears.

Going to be a long summer of disappointment for you lot, especially when 'King 'I like Derby more than Notts Forest' Davies' throws his toys out the pram yet again and wonders off.

You been watching football long Rich?

'Blah blah, been watching Forest for 60 years, blah blah, European Cups, blah blah'

:018: They're a big club. I distinctly recall them being in an FA Cup final.

You're not thinking of the League 1 playoff semi final against Yeovil are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669