What comes around.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex

So, Swindon claw back from 3-1 down to level with Brentford at 3-3 before finally losing out on a crucial play off match. Sound familiar? Now, I can feel the pedants' keyboards starting to twitch and before you shower me down in a load of correcting, I am fully aware that we never got to a penalty shoot out with Swindon that fateful day, but the point still remains that there seems to be an inherent Karma in football doesn't there?

Can anyone else think of any examples? Have I truly lost the plot in even posting this?

I'm sure you can find many examples proving your point, but then Macky will come along and say "confirmation bias". :icon_razz

I can only think of an example from the Norwegian league in the mid-90s.

One season, my team Brann lost 9-0 away to Rosenborg. Obviously that would need Karma to balance things the next season. Quite.... Rosenborg won 10-0

My mate Rich started going out with a girl I was going out with, behind my back on the nights I wasn't seeing her.

Now his wife has anal herpes and he has rampant herpes of the cock and mouth.

Don't **** with me, Karma rides pillion.

I can only think of an example from the Norwegian league in the mid-90s.

One season, my team Brann lost 9-0 away to Rosenborg. Obviously that would need Karma to balance things the next season. Quite.... Rosenborg won 10-0
How are Rosenborg doing these days? I remember when they were by far the best team in Scandinavia.

But I thought previous results bared no relevance whatsoever to future meetings? :102:

Can anyone else think of any examples?

Saturday 15th October 1966 - Burnley 5:2 Leicester
Saturday 5th November 1966 - Leicester 5:1 Burnley

Nottingham Forest at City Ground versus Leicester City;

Various lucky last-minute goals.

The games must have been 'ordinary' games though? because in 'ordinary' games, Forest, according to Rich B would settle for the draw and never go for the win.

The games must have been 'ordinary' games though? because in 'ordinary' games, Forest, according to Rich B would settle for the draw and never go for the win.

You really arent giving this up are you, or are you simply as stupid as you are making out - just a question not a statement.

If that game was played two months ago do you honestly believe that both teams would have gone for it the way they did? Yes you say - liar says I.

Another day we may have had that little slice of luck at the end but no, it wasnt to be.

You really arent giving this up are you, or are you simply as stupid as you are making out - just a question not a statement.

If that game was played two months ago do you honestly believe that both teams would have gone for it the way they did? Yes you say - liar says I.

Another day we may have had that little slice of luck at the end but no, it wasnt to be.
It takes two to dance

Last edited:
How are Rosenborg doing these days? I remember when they were by far the best team in Scandinavia.
Rosenborg moved into second place with a win yesterday with one more game played than the others. Started off with three solid wins, then could only get 2 points off their next 4 games. Won the league last time in 2010. The last two seasons they've finished 3rd, while Solskjaer's Molde have won. Speaking of them, Solskjaer might become available soon if their form continues. They have surprisingly only got 2 points from 7 games and are firmly rooted to the bottom spot.

I have only previously responded to one post of yours regarding the game, and that was just passing on what a Forest supporting work colleague had told me. You must be getting me mixed up with someone else?

To reply to your post however, if two months ago the scores were 2-2, I believe that either team would have gone all out for the win. There's all this 'Forest only care about Derby' and 'Leicester's closest rival is Coventry' etc, but that aside, the games between our teams is one of the first games supporters look out for on fixture release day. It's a local derby that neither want to lose.

You keep referring to it as luck, something I disagree with i'm afraid.

Last edited:
You keep referring to it as luck, something I disagree with i'm afraid.
Luck is a massive factor in football. Better teams tend to get more of it, but if Cox hadn't slipped, if Schmeichel hadn't saved at the foot of the near post, if one of their shots or glancing headers had gone the right side of the post, if Matty James' shot hadn't been deflected, etc etc. Forest have had a terrific end to the season, all things considered. No shame in finishing where they have.

Hooray for the ignore function.

Why cant all supporters of other teams be as lovely, intelligent, humorous and as well-hung as Rhydal?

Hooray for the ignore function.

Why cant all supporters of other teams be as lovely, intelligent, humorous and as well-hung as Rhydal?
Rich is alright. He's a Tree, but he's alright really.

Also, height isn't a reliable indicator of cock size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566