What happened with Söyüncü?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elon Bust

I feel like I must be missing something. I remember earlier this season Rodgers said he had a knee injury. Now he's training and available for selection and is an unused substitute against... Walsall?

We're talking about a 26-year-old who at one stage was impossible to drop and even rumoured to be wanted by Man City.

Now, Rodgers acts like he doesn't exist. What actually happened here?

The boring explanation I've been told is that BR thought that Cags had given up in games and made it well known within the squad, Cags responded by turning up late for training, not putting in any effort etc and the relationship has never recovered but there are a few more exotic rumours about what has gone on.

The boring explanation I've been told is that BR thought that Cags had given up in games and made it well known within the squad, Cags responded by turning up late for training, not putting in any effort etc and the relationship has never recovered but there are a few more exotic rumours about what has gone on.
Yes. That he shit in Brendan’s car.
A big, curly one.

Simeone and Atletico want him (apparently) but Rodgers doesn’t and thinks Amartey is a better bet - and he appears to have given up until he can get the hell out of here

Can’t blame him, really

I feel like I must be missing something. I remember earlier this season Rodgers said he had a knee injury. Now he's training and available for selection and is an unused substitute against... Walsall?

We're talking about a 26-year-old who at one stage was impossible to drop and even rumoured to be wanted by Man City.

Now, Rodgers acts like he doesn't exist. What actually happened here?
We don't know.
And we won't.

Soyuncu stupidly gave away a free kick and they scored. Rodgers is of the opinion that cost us 4th spot and a place in Europe.

I love how these stories come to pass.

Let's all gather round the fireside and listen to Tales of Soyuncu...

That seems at least in part a plausible explanation. Although that begs a question, why did he start playing badly when he was so brilliant before?

Evans was supplying the brain cells? Not part of Big Dan's Pay Grade.
Evans has been such a fantastic organiser of the back four on the occassions he's been able to play. I really hope that as his playing career is very clearly drawing to an end, we get him in the coaching side sharpish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669