What have you achieved today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw the movie preview yesterday, and also met some of my old mates in film crit, and a really great old mate, KK.

The film was goodish. Tried its best, and wasn't cheesy. But it should appeal to mainstream, which is what presentations of Aspies and Auties is all about - making this a non-catastrophe area.

At least 75% of those diagnosed with autism aren't 'lost'. Many of them can out-think and out-achieve those who are classified as 'normal'.

The USA hasn't quite got this message. Let us hope this careful and compassionate movie can get the message across.

Saw the movie preview yesterday, and also met some of my old mates in film crit, and a really great old mate, KK.

The film was goodish. Tried its best, and wasn't cheesy. But it should appeal to mainstream, which is what presentations of Aspies and Auties is all about - making this a non-catastrophe area.

At least 75% of those diagnosed with autism aren't 'lost'. Many of them can out-think and out-achieve those who are classified as 'normal'.

The USA hasn't quite got this message. Let us hope this careful and compassionate movie can get the message across.

Do we get to know the title?

Oh and PS - watch out for the raccoons. That metaphor actually made me weep into a handful of toilet tissue, much to the embarrassment of the philistine cynics who claim to know what film is all about.

The other metaphors, and there were loads of them, were a bit too bloody obvious, and too binary for comfort. I don't like these confrontional positions. I wish everyone would just chill.

Hmm. Not going to happen, is it?

confirmed and signed a contract for my first teaching job as a science teacher at an 11-16 secondary school in North Somerset, as well as getting lots of my file sorted with evidence for the olde PGCE.

Oh, brilliant! Congratulations! Superb! Well done, mate. That's a real achievement! I hope you're well proud, as you should be.

Amazing!

:)

confirmed and signed a contract for my first teaching job as a science teacher at an 11-16 secondary school in North Somerset, as well as getting lots of my file sorted with evidence for the olde PGCE.
lunatics, asylum, taken over.....

well done scarby

I doubt it's that one, that one aired at Sundance so she wouldn't be getting to preview it only now. Plus on the IMDB page there is no mention of being based on a true story (apologies if I misunderstood, but thought Innocent's book was) and no mention of being based on a book.

I may be wrong though.

painted the ceiling, have to wait about 3hrs before adding another coat

I've been sanding and glossing all of the doors in the house for the last 2 days, the living room ceiling is my next job. :)

deliberating whether to re-paint the radiator - hate doing it and it never looks quite right

If you do, be sure to use one coat gloss rather than non-drip. The non-drip looks terrible on radiators.

If you do, be sure to use one coat gloss rather than non-drip. The non-drip looks terrible on radiators.

Wouldn't it be better to use Hammerite Radiator paint?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  717
3Arsenal717
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Newcastle712
7Fulham711
8Tottenham 610
9Brentford710