What have you achieved today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I learned Rule 17:

Don't turn your back on bears, men you have wronged or the dominant turkey during mating season.

Truly surpassed myself in being spontaneous. Booked a 14 days trip to Mexiko (Cancún) 10 minutes ago, the flight departs in three bloody hours - and I haven't packed my bag yet.

Insane. And I know you'd love to do this Notts :icon_lol:

I managed to buy 3 boxes of Lemsip.
Having been rejected at the till and told that 2 was the maximum they could sell me I paid for 2 and then paid for the 3rd immediately afterwards in a separate transaction. So what was the point?

I managed to buy 3 boxes of Lemsip.
Having been rejected at the till and told that 2 was the maximum they could sell me I paid for 2 and then paid for the 3rd immediately afterwards in a separate transaction. So what was the point?

Since the passing of legislation in 1998, it has been illegal for non-pharmacies to sell you more than this. If they knowingly sold you the third pack, despite it being in a separate transaction, they broke the law. A pharmacy would be allowed to sell you twice that amount, but could refuse. Only with a prescription would you be able to purchase more.

I'm surprised that you're not aware in the drop in suicide levels, particularly from paracetamol poisoning, since the legislation was introduced. The numbers of liver transplants after unsuccessful suicide attempts has fallen even more drastically.

Why am I surprised that Siouxsie didn't know? Or why has the number of suicides dropped?

Well I didn't know, but why would I?

Actually I had assumed it was to stop accidental overdosing as I remember a case a few years back where someone had unwittingly overdosed, not realising that all of the various products she had taken (lemsip, nightnurse...) contained paracetemol, so although each one was safe the combination was lethal. When I said I had bought 3 boxes 2 were sachets and the third was tablets.

Nice. Start saving now for your lift pass :icon_wink

already paid

:icon_bigg

no doubt the price of a vin chaud is ridiculous now... oh well free booze in the chalet all night

Actually I had assumed it was to stop accidental overdosing as I remember a case a few years back where someone had unwittingly overdosed, not realising that all of the various products she had taken (lemsip, nightnurse...) contained paracetemol, so although each one was safe the combination was lethal. When I said I had bought 3 boxes 2 were sachets and the third was tablets.

You get a right grilling if you buy nightnurse from a chemist jebus

That as well.

In what I believe to be your 'line of work' I wrongly thought that you might have been aware. I apologise.

already paid

:icon_bigg

no doubt the price of a vin chaud is ridiculous now... oh well free booze in the chalet all night

The on-slope prices are the worst, but that's true of most of the mainstream French resorts, although the recent weakening of the Euro should help a bit. I only mentioned the lift pass price as Les Arcs is more expensive than other resorts since they built the Vanoise Express over to La Plagne (but the Euro easing will help here too).

Just planning my trips at the moment. Two lined up but not decided where to go yet. All this snow is making me desperate to get there though :038:

I assume you've been before DV

That as well.

In what I believe to be your 'line of work' I wrongly thought that you might have been aware. I apologise.

No need to apologise. Probably right place of work but I'm only allowed to add up numbers not do drugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69