What If?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am completly dismayed with some peoples comments on this whole topic.

Just because you have an opinion on our current situation and that opinion doesnt happen to be that of someone else or go along with the clubs PR machine doesnt mean you are fickle, disloyal or a crap supporter.

I have my opinions on Micky Adams which I have to say at the moment arent great. I respect what he has acheived so far but wonder whether we have been heading in the right direction for the last 12 months.

HOWEVER I still turn up every week home and away, pay my money and back the team through thick and thin. I mean for ****s sake, Ive sat through some shit this season like many of you but I will continue to do so until I am suicidal.

This not only makes me a loyal supporter but also one with some intelligence. I wont boo the team or players, if I cant stand it anymore I will stop going. By the same token, I will have my say and opinions of what going on.

We know its not all rosy, have your say but continue to support the club you love and get behind the boys on Saturday as it really makes a difference!!!

MICKY ADAMS

BLUE & WHITE ARMY!

Isn't it just an over reaction by everyone if we win or lose.

If we lose we are the worst team ever and bound to get relegated if MA stays, if we win we are brilliant and Williams & Gudjonnson are the best midfield in the division etc. Until we lose again no doubt.

The truth IMO lies somewhere in the middle where MA is a good manager, the team is underperforming at the moment, but the situation won't be improved by sacking MA cause there is no one better we could get.

As I stated before, I still believe that come 15 games in we will be in the top 6, perhaps not playing amazing football still but picking up points (10 out of 15 is pretty good) which is the minimum we should be doing.

I admit that the next step is getting some decent performances but first things first lets get the results right and then build confidence and let the players get on with it.

lazzer said:
Like the season i had £20 on ade to score 20+ in the prem
couldn't let that go....muppet :wink:

EMC Fox said:
lazzer said:
In the prem with taylor we were once second and we didnt have it right then

We were actually top for a week... I had the league table on my cupboard door at work for ages! :D
me too..
think i've still got it somewhere

Dunc said:
Isn't it just an over reaction by everyone if we win or lose.

if we win we are brilliant and Williams & Gudjonnson are the best midfield in the division etc. .

To be honest that was the first time I had seen that pairing - and I was duly impressed, that's all, not double standards, just maybe an excitement that MA had in fact got it right...

EMC Fox said:
MKFox said:
EMC Fox said:
lazzer said:
In the prem with taylor we were once second and we didnt have it right then

We were actually top for a week... I had the league table on my cupboard door at work for ages! :D
me too..
think i've still got it somewhere

I was wrong - we were top for 2 weeks! 4 years ago tomorrow!

http://www.wldcup.com/news/2000Oct/20001001_5524_arsenal_united.html

ive been trying to find that prem league table when we topped it
to no avail any offers :roll:

Dunc said:
If Mickey Adams gets us up then he will have taken some notice of the critics, adjusted his thinking and come up with a formula for winning which is not so easily countered.

Will that make the critics wrong. Hardly. But, in my case, it'll make me pleased enough to sing his praises and with good reason.

A short break later and he will have to rethink again because he's taken us up once and failed to keep us there for reasons which were partly due to himself.

Maybe he'll benefit from the experience and do better. I hope so and will be glad to say so if he does.

Thats brilliant!

By that argument, you can never be wrong because if things go well then MA will have 'listened' to your opinions and changed his tactics/team/thinking, and if they go badly then he can't have done so you are still right!!

In conclusion then, if we don't go up, MA is shit cause he didn't listen to the 'critics', if we do go up he is ok. If we go up and then get relegated he is shit cause he didn't listen, but if we go up and stay up he's learnt from his critics and experiences and you can sit in your ivory tower and say well done.

magic.

I still rather be wrong on his salary than right on mine so don't worry on his behalf!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566