What is the Foxes Trust..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boy Genius

Banned
Recently a lot of criticism has been thrown at the Foxes Trust, maybe for the right reasons, maybe for the wrong reasons. Maybe they do a good job, I dont know.

Could somebody please tell me exactly what the Foxes Trust do, what they have achieved and what they intend to achieve. I dont want to trawl through the web site either. I just need it explaining in very simple terms.

I am not a member, and at present I dont intend joining, but I dont have to be a member to support them. Maybe if people knew what they stood for they would get more trust and support from the fans

Boy Genius said:
Recently a lot of criticism has been thrown at the Foxes Trust, maybe for the right reasons, maybe for the wrong reasons. Maybe they do a good job, I dont know.

Could somebody please tell me exactly what the Foxes Trust do, what they have achieved and what they intend to achieve. I dont want to trawl through the web site either. I just need it explaining in very simple terms.

I am not a member, and at present I dont intend joining, but I dont have to be a member to support them. Maybe if people knew what they stood for they would get more trust and support from the fans

Im not a member either but IMO if you arent then you cant really have a go at them! Its like not voting in the election and then moaning about who gets put in power! :icon_roll

Boy Genius said:

It's not difficult to find that info on the website, you don't have to 'trawl' through it, the important bits are linked from the home page.

Our Aims

• To lobby, publicise and campaign to encourage the Board to take into account the interests of supporters when making its decisions.
• To create an independent forum to raise the concerns of Leicester City Football Club supporters.
• To enable a democratically elected director representing the views of the supporters to influence the decision making of the board, and to enshrine in the football club’s Memorandum and Articles of Association the representation of the Trust on the Board.
• To raise money for the benefit of the club. Funds raised are to be used appropriately as to benefit the best interests of Leicester City Football Club and its supporters.
• To strengthen the bonds between Leicester City Football Club and the community which it serves and to represent the interests of the community in the running of the club.
• To ensure the club meets the highest standards of business management.
• To promote, develop and respect the rights of members of the community served by the club and the Trust.
• To encourage the club to play competitive football at the highest possible level.

Who We Are

Leicester City Supporters Trust

• Is a non-profit making Supporters Trust.
• Membership is open to all fans of Leicester City Football Club.
• Is totally independent of Leicester City Football Club.
• Is democratic. On a one member one vote basis.
• Roles are undertaken on a voluntary basis. Committee members are democratically elected.
• Believes the Directors and Chairman of Leicester City Football Club should act in the best interests of the community that the club serves.

Foxes Trust is NOT a Supporters Club. Foxes Trust and the Supporters Club will co-exist, with each having a distinct and important role to play. We are NOT a protest group but a positive force for change.

The Foxes Trust Board Members are:-

John Adcock - Community [email protected]

Paula Aldred - Finance [email protected]

Ian Bason - Chairman & Communications [email protected] tel 07799 606312

Alan Digby - Trust Development [email protected]

Ian Guyler - Business Liaison [email protected]

Lesley Hull - Membership [email protected]

Steve Lewitt - Press Officer [email protected] tel 07956 029417

Leigh Nethercot - Fund Raising [email protected]

Steve Smith - Heritage [email protected]

The trust owns something like 130,000 shares in the club.

But as season ticket holders are we not in a sense shareholders, we have as much right to complain or praise the Foxes Trust as any member, they are a body formed to liase between the supporters and the club.

All BG is asking for is a definitive post that outlines what the Foxes Trust aims to achieve, what are it's achievements and what function / role does it perform.

webmaster said:
It's not difficult to find that info on the website, you don't have to 'trawl' through it, the important bits are linked from the home page.

Our Aims

• To lobby, publicise and campaign to encourage the Board to take into account the interests of supporters when making its decisions.
• To create an independent forum to raise the concerns of Leicester City Football Club supporters.
• To enable a democratically elected director representing the views of the supporters to influence the decision making of the board, and to enshrine in the football club’s Memorandum and Articles of Association the representation of the Trust on the Board.
• To raise money for the benefit of the club. Funds raised are to be used appropriately as to benefit the best interests of Leicester City Football Club and its supporters.
• To strengthen the bonds between Leicester City Football Club and the community which it serves and to represent the interests of the community in the running of the club.
• To ensure the club meets the highest standards of business management.
• To promote, develop and respect the rights of members of the community served by the club and the Trust.
• To encourage the club to play competitive football at the highest possible level.

Who We Are

Leicester City Supporters Trust

• Is a non-profit making Supporters Trust.
• Membership is open to all fans of Leicester City Football Club.
• Is totally independent of Leicester City Football Club.
• Is democratic. On a one member one vote basis.
• Roles are undertaken on a voluntary basis. Committee members are democratically elected.
• Believes the Directors and Chairman of Leicester City Football Club should act in the best interests of the community that the club serves.

Foxes Trust is NOT a Supporters Club. Foxes Trust and the Supporters Club will co-exist, with each having a distinct and important role to play. We are NOT a protest group but a positive force for change.

The Foxes Trust Board Members are:-

John Adcock - Community [email protected]

Paula Aldred - Finance [email protected]

Ian Bason - Chairman & Communications [email protected] tel 07799 606312

Alan Digby - Trust Development [email protected]

Ian Guyler - Business Liaison [email protected]

Lesley Hull - Membership [email protected]

Steve Lewitt - Press Officer [email protected] tel 07956 029417

Leigh Nethercot - Fund Raising [email protected]

Steve Smith - Heritage [email protected]

The trust owns something like 130,000 shares in the club.

Surely then that proves the Trust should liase with fans and maintain lines of communication between the club and it's supporters (not exclusively Trust members ). So if we believe they are not choosing to listen / communicate with supporters such as ourselves then we do have the right to criticise / question.

Last edited:
webmaster said:

Our Aims

To ensure the club meets the highest standards of business management.
To encourage the club to play competitive football at the highest possible level.

and are the trust in a position to ensure high standards of business management. Why do they think they think they can do this

It seems the Championship is the highest level possible, why should the club need encouraging anyway is that not what a manager is for. The FT were very quiet when CL was doing badly.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
But as season ticket holders are we not in a sense shareholders
err..............no. I joined the Foxes Trust at its conception, and also chucked money in their collection buckets so they could help ( albeit in a small way ) to help the club out of administration by subscribing for shares in the new entity. They are the only way supporters of the club will ever get some sort of say how the club is run. As they are only observers at board meetings until they subscribe for enough shares to be allowed to have a director appointed to the club board, they will only have a peripheral influence, however, it is a fact of life that the majority shareholders will always hold sway, even if they have a director on the board. Any discussions the trust are privy to at board level should remain confidential, in my opinion, unless the board as a whole are happy to have them made public. It may not be satisfactory to many, but that's how life is. It's not perfect, but preferable to having no input at all, which is the situation at most clubs. As has been stated before, if people are unhappy at this state of affairs they can always join the Trust, make their feelings known, and stand for election if they wish.

Last edited:
Companies as a whole would be more responsible, more accountable and less arbitrary if this jealously guarded confidentiality thing could be banished to the winds...

:102: it is a body of people who as a group are commited to raising cash through its members to buy shares in the club :102: its not a fans go between or a supporters club :102: i can never quite understand why people slag them off :102:
its just a peoples collective

and im not a memember of the FT either (although after that post i should get free one ) ;) :icon_lol:

Polar Bear said:
Companies as a whole would be more responsible, more accountable and less arbitrary if this jealously guarded confidentiality thing could be banished to the winds...
.........that helps keep the pigs flying:icon_wink

Our current system of psychopathic corporate capitalism has not been in place very long and is only one of many ways of ordering human affairs. The perceived need for confidentiality simply serves the skewed logic of continual growth, continual competition and maximum reimbursement of shareholders above all else - remove that logic and there is no need for 'commercial confidentiality'. Decisions would also be made on a basis of human need rather than corporate profit :icon_cool You know it makes sense :098:

Polar Bear said:
Our current system of psychopathic corporate capitalism has not been in place very long and is only one of many ways of ordering human affairs. The perceived need for confidentiality simply serves the skewed logic of continual growth, continual competition and maximum reimbursement of shareholders above all else - remove that logic and there is no need for 'commercial confidentiality'. Decisions would also be made on a basis of human need rather than corporate profit :icon_cool You know it makes sense :098:
See above:icon_wink ;)

so what have they achieved so far? and has it been worthwhile?

Boy Genius said:
so what have they achieved so far? and has it been worthwhile?
In terms of putting money into the club, and helping ( probably in a very small way ) to get the Lineker consortium going, yes.

Real Sharapova said:
In terms of putting money into the club, and helping ( probably in a very small way ) to get the Lineker consortium going, yes.

so without the Trust, the club would have folded?

PFKAKTF FOX said:
But as season ticket holders are we not in a sense shareholders, we have as much right to complain or praise the Foxes Trust as any member, they are a body formed to liase between the supporters and the club.

All BG is asking for is a definitive post that outlines what the Foxes Trust aims to achieve, what are it's achievements and what function / role does it perform.

I think stakeholders is a better description, we have a direct interest in the club and its performance and its behaviour. Of course we are not a single entity with its own secretariat, neither do we have a single direct interface with the club. The Trust does of course but its aims seem in the best interests of all concerned and I have no problem whatsoever with what they stand for or what they do. But that does not preclude season ticket holders from being important too, our financial contributions are vital. Not being a member of the trust does not make me any less of a supporter, it doesn not mean I care any less about what happens at the club. I want us to be successful, I want us to be a club with integrity, I want everyone in the club - players, management staff, supporters, etc.etc to demonstrate at all times that football is our primary concern and they are doing their very best to ensure we are a successful, well run club. I also want peasce on Earth, goodwill to all men and a new bike.

Boy Genius said:
so without the Trust, the club would have folded?

Who knows?

The consortium were struggling to find all of the £5 million and were scrambling around to get it all in place by the deadline, so you could say, in theory, that the club could have folded without any of the people who put money in at the time.
But if it got to the situation where the consortium really was going to be short with time running out, maybe one of those involved would have been in a position to put some more money in.

But the trust have done more than just put money in. I'm sure to a lot of people things like having an observer at board meetings, and someone on the audit committee may not seem significant - but it is a big step compared to the way the club has been run in the past, and hopefully it's a step towards the target of getting a supporters representative on the club's board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669