What is the purpose of Leicester City Football Club paying Michael Johnson's wages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

East Anglia Fox

Given that there has been no announcement on the club website or the BBC website, we have to assume that Michael Johnson is still at the club. It would appear that Pearson has no interest in ever playing him. He is not even rated as highly as Franck Moussa. Evidence for this is in the fact that Moussa has been on the bench in the FA Cup.

So what possible reason is there to explain why he hasn't just had his contract terminated like Gelson Fernandes did? There is surely no purpose in paying the wages of a player like him when he's not involved with the team in any way.

Re: What is the purpose of Leicester City Football Club paying Michael Johnson's wage

So what possible reason is there to explain why he hasn't just had his contract terminated like Gelson Fernandes did?

Fernandes wanted to leave, and his club allowed it to happen because he then went on loan elsewhere.

If Man City won't have Johnson back we're stuck with him until the end of his loan.

Re: What is the purpose of Leicester City Football Club paying Michael Johnson's wage

Given that there has been no announcement on the club website or the BBC website, we have to assume that Michael Johnson is still at the club. It would appear that Pearson has no interest in ever playing him. He is not even rated as highly as Franck Moussa. Evidence for this is in the fact that Moussa has been on the bench in the FA Cup.

So what possible reason is there to explain why he hasn't just had his contract terminated like Gelson Fernandes did? There is surely no purpose in paying the wages of a player like him when he's not involved with the team in any way.

He's under contract - he gets paid. Gelson Fernandes instigated the cancellation of his own contract - there's no reason that Johnson should choose to do the same.

It is of course possible and likely that Manchester City are paying a fair proportion of the amount which Johnson receives.

Last edited:

I'm sure I read somewhere recently that he wasn't fit enough to play?

You can blame NP for our current excuse of a season but really it all falls on Sven. Those with rose tinted glasses, such as myself, should now look back and feel ashamed. What an absolute disgrace of a manager and for him to come out and say that he would like the Chelsea job just shows what a shite world we live in.

So what possible reason is there to explain why he hasn't just had his contract terminated like Gelson Fernandes did?

Because that would be unlawful

You can blame NP for our current excuse of a season but really it all falls on Sven. Those with rose tinted glasses, such as myself, should now look back and feel ashamed. What an absolute disgrace of a manager and for him to come out and say that he would like the Chelsea job just shows what a shite world we live in.

If you really believe that you need some help, the owners are at fault for this season, with Sven we would be in a similar position or above all we needed was to fill the first team coach position. 3 weeks with no manager and then a total change in style wrecked the season.

Unbelievably stupid post, even by Kingys lofty standards.

In no particular order, the blame for this season lies squarely with:

The owners
Sven
The players
The fans
Pearson
The media
The bias referees
The footballs
Other teams trying too hard
Foxestalk
The owners
Tesco changing their cheesecake recipe
Margaret Thatcher
The owners
Bert
Forum trolls
The current government
The owners
More fans
Radio Leicester fans' forum
The Official Website
Social media
The Mercury
No one believing 'The List' would answer all prayers
FM2012
The owners
Prices
Free scarves
The Posnan
and the owners.

I blame Burrda, meself. It's no coincidence that lettering is peeling off the kit faster than Steve Howard collects his pension money.
Utter bastards, they've deliberately ****ed us over

i dont think the free scarves have any responsibility. they should be removed form the list forthwith.

i dont think the free scarves have any responsibility. they should be removed form the list forthwith.

Tch. And the first swirly scarf apologist attacks the list.

The free scarves are on there and are staying on the list.

The crap lettering is also on the list.

Fernandes wanted to leave, and his club allowed it to happen because he then went on loan elsewhere.

If Man City won't have Johnson back we're stuck with him until the end of his loan.

If his not playing is down to a genuine injury, I agree but, if, as has been suggested (somewhere in a different thread), he just doesn't fancy playing for Pearson, surely he would be in breach of contract. Do any of you chaps with inside knowledge know the truth of his current injury?

Two glaring omissions from your list ... Ian Stringer and the former Leicester City striker Alan Young.

What an unbelievably pointless response, even by your standards.

In fairness, it wasn't 'pointless'. He's making the point that he thought it a stupid post.

If you really believe that you need some help, the owners are at fault for this season, with Sven we would be in a similar position or above all we needed was to fill the first team coach position. 3 weeks with no manager and then a total change in style wrecked the season.

I need help?

It's my opinion on the season we have had following several of Svens recruitments.

Are you saying I need help with this opinion?....... Cause thats pretty dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669