what makes a real, loyal, full time fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
everyone's opinion welcome, just wondering as there as been some complaints about fickle, non loyal fans.

This is a good question, and answers will vary quite a lot, but this is "me" I go to EVERY game, home and away, sing my throat sore, will never, and have never booed, when I`m unhappy with the way we`ve performed I don`t stand and applaud after the game, just walk away, alway`s am 100% behind the players selected even if I disagree with the Managers choice, I am totally un approachable when we loose, everyone stay`s well clear ! I don`t have a "second" team, simply hate all of em, If you cut me I will bleed BLUE !

The definition of loyalty is not one you can set in stone. Mad Biker is to me a loyal fan as he attends both home and away. I myself only attend home games as a season ticket holder. Some people on this forum could probably only attend some home games due to financial restrictions and i would be more loyal to them but never the less consider themselves to be loyal. Some people are incapacitated and would only be able to listen on the radio and they still feel just as depressed as i do when we lose.
Some people just cant attend due to geographical reasons like our brothers across the pond but they still listen or watch online and equally support the blues. So a "proper" or "loyal fan" can not be quantified by attendance. The only person you can know for sure is loyal is yourself as you can only measure loyalty or passion in your own heart.
:roll:

lazzer said:
The definition of loyalty is not one you can set in stone. Mad Biker is to me a loyal fan as he attends both home and away. I myself only attend home games as a season ticket holder. Some people on this forum could probably only attend some home games due to financial restrictions and i would be more loyal to them but never the less consider themselves to be loyal. Some people are incapacitated and would only be able to listen on the radio and they still feel just as depressed as i do when we lose.
Some people just cant attend due to geographical reasons like our brothers across the pond but they still listen or watch online and equally support the blues. So a "proper" or "loyal fan" can not be quantified by attendance. The only person you can know for sure is loyal is yourself as you can only measure loyalty or passion in your own heart.

****ing hell lazzer. :shock: Post of the century. Ever tried politics? :wink:

lazzer said:

Brilliant mate, the perfect answer :D

i personnaly think a loyal fan, is someone who will attend as many games as they can, whether it be 1 or all of them, willing to go that extra mile for there club. one who no matter what league there in will still be completely "in love" with the club when there top flight or 2nd, 3rd, etc.

as for me, i attend all home games i can and can count on one hand the amount of home games i've missed in 10 years. been to as many away games as i can. also travelled to country's to watch european games. but at the same time have a big loyalty to england, whether you like to say it's my second club or not, i went to every game be it friendly/competative home game, and 1 qualifer away in slovakia, 1 friendly in Portugal and attended every European Championship match England we're in (you may have seen my flag a george cross with TAMWORTH on). which has left me difficulty attending away games this season.

i class myself as a loyal real fan, whether anyone else does or not it's up to them all i can say is shove it up your arse!

Interesting question. As mentioned, we all have different perceptions as to what makes a loyal fan. How many games you go to. If Man Yoo are on the box and City are playing at home, would you go and watch City?
Look at it like this. A couple of years ago we nearly lost our beloved City.
What difference would it have made to you?
Personally I would have given up on league football altogether and just followed England. To me football is City. I couldn't bring myself to support anybody else.

I go to all home and away matches but I know of plenty who I would also class as loyal fans who can't get to all matches due to family/financial/health problem commitments but they listen in to every match and follow whats happening through other channels. The ones who annoy me are those who could come to every match but choose not to and who diss the team whenever things don't go right and say they have been let down as a fan. They probably leave before the end of matches they do go to....yes I know of the existence of a fair few of them!

xsubmariner said:
Interesting question. As mentioned, we all have different perceptions as to what makes a loyal fan. How many games you go to. If Man Yoo are on the box and City are playing at home, would you go and watch City?
Look at it like this. A couple of years ago we nearly lost our beloved City.
What difference would it have made to you?
Personally I would have given up on league football altogether and just followed England. To me football is City. I couldn't bring myself to support anybody else.

Like you if it went under, i woud i would prob go and watch a local team just so i could watch some football but as for supporting them i couldn't. my main focus would have been following england.

To be loyal you must be steadfast in allegiance to one's belief. Also, a loyal person is faithful to a person, ideal, custom, cause, or duty (the later three being comparable to a football team).

It could be argued that loyalty and faith are similar factions. With this argument you could say that a loyal person should adhere firmly and devotedly, as to a person, cause, or idea. Having or full of faith for one's belief, cause or ideal will also be a pre-requisite of a loyal person.

Another element of loyalty would be being worthy of trust or belief and also being reliable to this belief and being consistent with truth or actuality: a faithful reproduction of the portrait in other words.

Either way you look at it, loyalty is something that you either are or are not. I don't like to go on (although some would argue that I do, this bracketed sentence being one bullet of ammunition for the charges of Joe_Fox waffling but you can't use this one as I just used it against myself and hitting a suicidal man is like punching a pilow, you cannot hurt it) but it really is this simple.

Each man, woman or child knows if they are loyal and that's a fact.

I am loyal. Are you?

Joe_Fox said:
To be loyal you must be steadfast in allegiance to one's belief. Also, a loyal person is faithful to a person, ideal, custom, cause, or duty (the later three being comparable to a football team).

It could be argued that loyalty and faith are similar factions. With this argument you could say that a loyal person should adhere firmly and devotedly, as to a person, cause, or idea. Having or full of faith for one's belief, cause or ideal will also be a pre-requisite of a loyal person.

Another element of loyalty would be being worthy of trust or belief and also being reliable to this belief and being consistent with truth or actuality: a faithful reproduction of the portrait in other words.

Either way you look at it, loyalty is something that you either are or are not. I don't like to go on (although some would argue that I do, this bracketed sentence being one bullet of ammunition for the charges of Joe_Fox waffling but you can't use this one as I just used it against myself and hitting a suicidal man is like punching a pilow, you cannot hurt it) but it really is this simple.

I am loyal. Are you?

Priceless :wink:

Billy Boy said:
Joe_Fox said:

I am loyal. Are you?

Priceless :wink:

Yeah, I just read that and thought priceless, I mean spelling pillow wrong is tragic really isn't it.

All of the above and not F8cking walking out with ten minutes to go to get home or to the pub 20 minutes earlier no matter what the score is.

The worst example of this was last year at Newcastle, people had driven, flown, took the train x00 miles to walk out with 15 minutes left? Just don't get it.

mad biker said:
This is a good question, and answers will vary quite a lot, but this is "me" I go to EVERY game, home and away, sing my throat sore, will never, and have never booed, when I`m unhappy with the way we`ve performed I don`t stand and applaud after the game, just walk away, alway`s am 100% behind the players selected even if I disagree with the Managers choice, I am totally un approachable when we loose, everyone stay`s well clear ! I don`t have a "second" team, simply hate all of em, If you cut me I will bleed BLUE !

that sounds an awful lot like me!!!
and my boyf(almost.he swears a lot,disgraceful... :roll: )

LTID I take back everything I said about horseshit posts. This is a f*ckin' cracker

Everyone has their own definition of what makes a loyal fan.

I once saw some youth at one away match, screaming in the face of an old bloke to "Sing, sing you f*cker", and then ranting on about "true fans" when he didn't join in.
The lad was about 16, and had probably been coming for a couple of years. I happen to know that the old geezer in question had been going to watch Leicester, home and away, for over fifty years and had at least one room in his house that was covered top to bottom with hundreds of pieces of memorabilia. At his funeral they played "When you're Smiling"

Who's the true and loyal fan ?

I would say that loyalty to one's football club is defined by how much you care. What does it mean to you ? Does Leicester City Football Club affect your everyday life ?

Now that can apply to the person who boos and jeers, and leaves the game in disgust, as equally to someone who watches every minute of every game and sings non stop 'til the last player has left the field. It can also apply to the fan who cannot afford to go to every game, or who has family commitments that means they can't go to every game, and whose only option is to listen intently to Radio Leicester.
It matters just as much to them. They are just as committed and loyal as anyone else.

The late, great James Walker once asked a question about what you would most like to see - England win the World Cup or Leicester win the Premier League. The best answer came from someone who said they would sooner Leicester got three points, never mind win the league.
That's what it's all about. It's the madness that what happens at some f*ckin' football club actually gets to you, and actually changes your life in some small way.

It's different for everyone, but it's the same for us all - you give a shit about it.
That's loyalty and faith rolled into one. You give a shit

it's something that can't be measured, and nearly all on here class them selfs on here as a real loyal full time fan. so chandler wouldn't be as lonely as he first thought on here then?

Have to say I'm a Leiceseter City supporter. Have been for some years now although not from birth due to the accident of being born outside of Leicester. :roll:

What I will admit to is that I am obviously not a loyal true blue superfan in the form of people around me at the Walkers and certain sections of the forum.

Guys it's a game of football. Important yes but not the be all and end all.

I have held a season ticket for well over a decade now, been to Wembley on 3 occassions and been fleeced each time.

In the past before 'er indoors' and child(ren), next one due 26th March 2005 - England vs Norn Iron, I have had the luck to be able to afford to go and did to any away game I fancied.

I do get pissed off when we lose, especially when we play badly. I don't have much faith in the current incumbants, prove me wrong, and I would desperately love MA et al to seize the moment and have us 12 points clear by Christmas.

What I really don't understand however is the classification of the 'loyal' fans, who come on here to post their opinions about the club that they love/support/follow (delete as appropriate), as fickle by some wannabe upstart who's been on here five minutes.

We are all different, it's what makes this place interesting and fun. Just because someone has a different opinion than you does not necessarly mean that it's wrong. Attitudes such as I'm right and to hell with the lot of you will land you in hot water later on in life.

So chill. Everytime you, and you know who you are, utter one of your I'm right posts, I'll just question your intellegence and value to humanity.

Lots of love

GOD. :wink:

a true loyal fan is somebody who goes home and away,changes there name to mr leicester city,and takes a bell with them :lol:

my bell always travels with me and doesn't mind coming out on a saturday afternoon..

I'm 21 and have been to City since I was 7, not that I had a say in the matter, my Dad turned to us and said "son, we're going to Filbo, like it or not" and after 1 game I was hooked. I had a season ticket till I was 14 and went to every other away game. Getting pulled out of school to go to mid week away games was only made possible cos my teacher was a City fan. Best Teacher ever. Then money problems meant we couldn't afford to go week in week out, the hardest years of my life, but still listened every week on the radio. I moved way up north to university because it was the only uni in the country doing my course, and spent my student loan on 9 hour round trips to wolverhampton and others to see us lose 3 goal leads at half time. I bought a laptop for the sole reason to listen to the matches online. I've bought a season ticket this year and go to every other away game with the little money I have, I work awful shifts at the mo and looking forward to the game at the weekend gets me through the week. When we win, you can't take the smile off my face. When we lose my whole week is ruined. I don't class my self as a hardcore fan who travels to every game, but I do feel I'm loyal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566