what makes a real, loyal, full time fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think loyalty doesnt come from how many games you go to but how you feel inside about the club, I live outside the area so dont get the opportunity to go to as many games as i would like, but for instance last night I sat in front of my computer for 90 minutes watching the text commentary of the match.

We are all loyal Leicester fans cause after all that has happened in the last 2 - 3 seasons i bet not one of us ever wished we supported anyone else.

I am afraid to say it but how Leicester performtends to have a big effect on how I feel - last season my weekends were mostly shite and depressing but when we win it is amazing. If I could live my life a million times over I would never ever want to or could support another team.

And the good thing is when I come on this forum there are loads more who feel the same way as me - Fantastic.

step said:
Supporting a crap manager does not make a fan loyal.

But Step, that is the point, nobody supports the manager or the players before 'THIER' team. You can have opinions about players, the manager, the formation or even the type of beer they serve (or do'nt, whatever the case maybe).
Your team is mainly the one that you were born into or parents/relative introduced you to. I have been following City for as long as I can remember, but did not go to my first game until I was about 16, but that did not mean that the years before that it did not hurt when we lost.
For me, you find that loyalty becomes more clear the further down the leagues you go, you will always get those glory hunters jumping on the band wagon of the 'in' team at the time, but when the tide turns and the hangers on have gone, you are left with the loyal one's sticking by thier club through thick and thin.
One question to test the theory, if we did get relegated right down the the fizzy 2 (god forbid), would you still go to watch, I would, I would not like the fact we were there, but it is my team playing no matter what league we are in.

I think loyalty is impossible to define. In my experience 99% of people support 1 team their whole adult life.

Very few people change the club they support, its all about to what extent you support that club.

My Dad has supported Hinckley United (and before the merge Hinckley Athletic) his whole life since he was 8 years old. Now he has fallen in and out of being a regular for those 50 odd years but I would say he is one of their most loyal supporters.

Im not a believer in the theory that you have to go to every game to be a loyal supporter. I cant get to every game each season but I make sure I listen on the radio or on the net if I cant. Yet I consider myself a loyal supporter.

Naughty Fox said:
lazzer said:
yer..what he said :lol:

Are you saying that what I wrote was funny lazzer, that was typed from the heart you un-feeling bastard :wink: :lol:

mais non mon amis chateaux neuf de pap !! i was moved by it and it mirrored my feelings as well, a good post, well done :lol:

Keep the Faith said:
I think loyalty doesnt come from how many games you go to but how you feel inside about the club, I live outside the area so dont get the opportunity to go to as many games as i would like, but for instance last night I sat in front of my computer for 90 minutes watching the text commentary of the match.

We are all loyal Leicester fans cause after all that has happened in the last 2 - 3 seasons i bet not one of us ever wished we supported anyone else.

I am afraid to say it but how Leicester performtends to have a big effect on how I feel - last season my weekends were mostly shite and depressing but when we win it is amazing. If I could live my life a million times over I would never ever want to or could support another team.

And the good thing is when I come on this forum there are loads more who feel the same way as me - Fantastic.

Brilliant post KTF, my sentiments exactly..

Naughty Fox said:
step said:
Supporting a crap manager does not make a fan loyal.

But Step, that is the point, nobody supports the manager or the players before 'THIER' team. You can have opinions about players, the manager, the formation or even the type of beer they serve (or do'nt, whatever the case maybe).
Your team is mainly the one that you were born into or parents/relative introduced you to. I have been following City for as long as I can remember, but did not go to my first game until I was about 16, but that did not mean that the years before that it did not hurt when we lost.
For me, you find that loyalty becomes more clear the further down the leagues you go, you will always get those glory hunters jumping on the band wagon of the 'in' team at the time, but when the tide turns and the hangers on have gone, you are left with the loyal one's sticking by thier club through thick and thin.
One question to test the theory, if we did get relegated right down the the fizzy 2 (god forbid), would you still go to watch, I would, I would not like the fact we were there, but it is my team playing no matter what league we are in.

Exactly, you cannot choose your family.

Good thread this.

I certainly don't feel as involved as I used to (seeing as I can only watch highlights etc...) but I'm still there in a way by listening to every game on the radio. Still hurts when we lose and takes me on a high when we score.

You can't say I'm as loyal as the die-hard that goes to every game. I'd have never moved away if I couldn't handle being away. Sometimes it's just a matter of priorities.

SamJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570