What on earth happened to Charlton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

East Anglia Fox

A decent Premiership team to a League One side in about three years. Why exactly have they been so hopeless in the Championship? I genuinely don't understand what happened to them, it's just bizarre.

Didn't realise how good a job Alan Curbishley had done for them, and thought they could do better.

Got Iain Dowie in, didn't have the best of starts and sacked him early on-started a period of instability. Players probably had the attitude that they should be in the premiership when they got relegated and it all went from from there........

Whereabouts did they end up last season because I was under the impression they hadn't done that badly?

If so, what the hell happened during the close season that turned them from an ok side into the shittest side in the league?!

Top ten finish wasn't good enough for some fans,so they call for Curbs head........The rest is History!

A decent Premiership team to a League One side in about three years. Why exactly have they been so hopeless in the Championship? I genuinely don't understand what happened to them, it's just bizarre.

The same thing that happened to us...

Charlton away is the best away day i've ever had. Great fans, great club - they will bounce back - just like us!

That will very much depend whether they can find out and accept what has gone wrong - and then take steps to change things. A club that has fallen so quickly can not just bounce back without sorting out their problems first.

I think they will bounce back. They have some decent young players like Shelvey, Wright, Wagstaff and Youga. I hope to see them up again. I must say though League 1 looks very tight next year. Potential teams goin for title will be - Leeds or MK or Milwall or Scunthorpe depending on who doesen't go up this year. Then you have teams like Colchester and Southend ended this season well. Then there is the teams coming down Charlton, Southampton and then whoever else Norwich, Forest e.t.c.

This is the price we have to pay for all the money being pumped into the PL rather than more evenly spread like the football league was unfortunately. Not just Charlton and City. Leeds, Bradford, Sheff Weds, Forest, Man City and looking like Soton and possibly Norwich or Barnsley as well.

The dirty Covscum only saved admin by half an hour and relegation by the width of a post as well

i dont think theyll bounce back at all, not at first attempt either. Difference with us was we had a Chairman who could spend money and we went down with the 2nd best defense in the the division and the highest points tally for a relegated side for about 20yrs or something

Besides it sounds like their very close to going into admin, if true they could need an extra 10pts than everyone else to go up

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670