What prompted...

Status
Not open for further replies.
To paraphrase a poster on here that I think sums it up perfectly for me. He said "I am not bothered about swearing or naughty pictures. It is the sad pathetic losers who have no aim but to snipe constantly, I am all for a bit of banter but some posters have all gone too far IMO." :icon_conf

To paraphrase a poster on here that I think sums it up perfectly for me. He said "I am not bothered about swearing or naughty pictures. It is the sad pathetic losers who have no aim but to snipe constantly, I am all for a bit of banter but some posters have all gone too far IMO." :icon_conf

Who posted that?

So, if I call APOSTER a gay ****, then that's personal abuse and I'll get a bollocking for it.

So, presumabley, if I edit a post to make it look as if APOSTER likes to have sex with men, that's personal abuse and I'll get a bollocking for it.

Seems to me that most of the fun has been wiped out of this place.

Last edited:
So, if I am a gay ****, then that's personal abuse and I'll get a bollocking for it. :icon_eek:

So, presumabley, if I like to have sex with men, that's personal abuse and I'll get a bollocking for it. :icon_eek:

We will see!! :icon_bigg

So, if I call APOSTER a gay ****, then that's personal abuse and I'll get a bollocking for it.

So, presumabley, if I edit a post to make it look as if APOSTER likes to have sex with men, that's personal abuse and I'll get a bollocking for it.

I suspect that many people would prefer you to do neither.

You may want to blame that on the people whose behaviour has provoked the change. Nobody is saying that this is not a place for banter, but a lot of what has gone on recently has gone far beyond banter.

i think you can still be funny without calling someone a gay ****...

hardly Oscar Wilde is it?

if someone edits a post to say "i take men up the Oxo Tower regularly" and you post "i did hear about that on a toilet wall"

then a) it's not so offensive b) it's more of a grey area for mods c) it's funnier

everyone's a winner

i think everyone needs to be more subtle, no one laughs at route one anglo-saxon humour

you gay ****s

Now calm down lads, no personal abuse in this forum please.......

:icon_wink

Who posted that?

Maybe it was a PM.

Personally I think that referring to people as 'sad pathetic losers' is more abusive than being called a **** but maybe that's just me.

Bit of a shame that it's come to this but the mods are on a hiding to nothing with this one - 'Damned if you do and Damned if you don't' and all that.

Personally,when I'm out with my mates we very rarely call each other by our proper name's, quite often replacing them with imaginative names such as "Wanker" or "Cock-end". I have mates from the RAF who sometimes come to Leicester and ask why we hate each other so much, they don't understand it at all. That, to me, is banter so it would never offend me.

I can see why people on here would be offended though and I do think there have been times where people have been hounded, unfairly, too.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that banter, in the form Enderby is talking about, is not that bad, it's more the abuse of people who everyone knows are not the banter type of person. I refer back to what I said earlier about being out with my mates. I only talk like that with them because we all do it. When I'm with my Uncle or my girlfriends parents I don't swear. I treat them with respect knowing that they wouldn't appreciate my potty mouth.

That's how I try to be on here.

Bit of a shame that it's come to this but the mods are on a hiding to nothing with this one - 'Damned if you do and Damned if you don't' and all that.

Personally,when I'm out with my mates we very rarely call each other by our proper name's, quite often replacing them with imaginative names such as "Wanker" or "Cock-end". I have mates from the RAF who sometimes come to Leicester and ask why we hate each other so much, they don't understand it at all. That, to me, is banter so it would never offend me.

I can see why people on here would be offended though and I do think there have been times where people have been hounded, unfairly, too.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that banter, in the form Enderby is talking about, is not that bad, it's more the abuse of people who everyone knows are not the banter type of person. I refer back to what I said earlier about being out with my mates. I only talk like that with them because we all do it. When I'm with my Uncle or my girlfriends parents I don't swear. I treat them with respect knowing that they wouldn't appreciate my potty mouth.

That's how I try to be on here.

Yep i agree with that. As HF has said, i'll have some banter with the people who fancy some with me and the one's that dont i'll have debates and shit with them.

Lets all make love now

Yep i agree with that. As HF has said, i'll have some banter with the people who fancy some with me and the one's that dont i'll have debates and shit with them.

Lets all make love now

You had your chance last night, gay boy :icon_bigg

Yep i agree with that. As HF has said, i'll have some sex with the people who fancy some with me and the one's that dont i'll just think about doing it with them.

Lets all make love now

Relentless.

It would appear to be that time of year again, we'll have someone storming off soon with a "I've never coming back" mard-on again if we're not careful :icon_roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669