What ****s me off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we were a well established Premiership team that should never have been relagted though.

Imo we have never been established in the premier lge even in the MON era. From all the time i've followed city, 6 seasons is the best we have managed in the top flight. Covscum and Saints, both had around 30 years in the top division before relegation. Even with Milans money it will only be good enough to get us promoted, and then if we have ambitions of staying up its more than likely that a takeover from Milan will be required.
MM has given this club great hope again and for that we have to be very grateful, but the long term success of the club may not even be within his scope.

Imo we have never been established in the premier lge even in the MON era. From all the time i've followed city, 6 seasons is the best we have managed in the top flight. Covscum and Saints, both had around 30 years in the top division before relegation. Even with Milans money it will only be good enough to get us promoted, and then if we have ambitions of staying up its more than likely that a takeover from Milan will be required.
MM has given this club great hope again and for that we have to be very grateful, but the long term success of the club may not even be within his scope.

well said BB :038::038:

Taylor WAS the rot, Lee Marshall, Akinbiyi, Davidson, Benjamin etc etc etc. i think elton john has wasted less money.

Our best hope is that WHEN we go back up this year or next, MM does not bale out and take the money and run. Unlike Portsmouth he does not have to spend any money building a stadium so I would up he would stick around to build a strong team like Bolton or Blackburn or Aston Villa.

I think we were a well established Premiership team that should never have been relagted though. Adams had a lot of money to spend and blew it all on the wrong players. For me, it was undoubtedly his carefree spending and lack of any managerial skill that got us relagated.

And I know we can't fully blame him for everything. It was the board's fault for letting Adams blow all of our money and their fault for appointing rubbish managers. I honestly reckon that under the right circumstances we'd be back in the prem by now.

But that's football - there are no 'right circumstances'. The unpredictability is what keeps me coming back for more!

Are you sure you are not confusing Micky Adams with P*t*r Twatlor??

Our best hope is that WHEN we go back up this year or next, MM does not bale out and take the money and run. Unlike Portsmouth he does not have to spend any money building a stadium so I would up he would stick around to build a strong team like Bolton or Blackburn or Aston Villa.

If by chance we finished 6th .....and went up through the play offs, how much money would be needed on transfers to give the club an outside chance of surviving the next season in the premiership? Minimum £30m ?

Would Milan be up for that?

Lets 1 make the play offs and 2 get promotion before we starting worrying about anything else.

We should be a better side this season but I still think it will be really hard. MM wants top 5, I personally would be happy with top 8. We are effectively starting from ground zero (again).

Its going to take time and not all of these players will work out. We will at least be alot more competitive and taking the psiss (ala Hughes) will no longer be tolerated.

Still we are a million light years off even getting promoted. Lets try and win over 25 of our games first.

Are you sure you are not confusing Micky Adams with P*t*r Twatlor??

****, that really is a schoolboy error :icon_redf I need to seriously think before I post in future.

After the end of that season we got relagated i read a little fact in zoo magazine it said if we would of held on to all our games we was winning we would have bin in the champions league and do you remeber at wolves when we was winning 3-0 at half time then we either drew 3-3 or lost 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566