What TD said on RL this morning....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be fooled by this, Tim has a history of telling porkies just before somethign happens. For example no money for players in the transfer window - then we spend £600k on Fryatt. Personally I suspect we have someone backing the club and should Cottril or someone who is already empolyed wish to join us then the money would be found.

Fox Fan said:
Tim has a history of telling porkies just before somethign happens. For example no money for players in the transfer window - then we spend £600k on Fryatt.

When did he say we have no money to spend in the window?

And we didn't spend £600k on Fryatt, it's only around half that.

webmaster said:
When did he say we have no money to spend in the window?

And we didn't spend £600k on Fryatt, it's only around half that.

I remember it being reported as £350k if all incentives are met, one of which included us getting promoted (hope they wrote it as into the Premiership, otherwise we might be spending money we can't afford in 16 months time ;) )

So the intitial outlay will be much much less than £600k as you said.

I have a dream....Mrs O'Neill wants MON out the house for a few weeks; MON has nothing better to do 'til he takes over England in August; and Lenny wants to work with him as player coach, with a view to taking over next season...
I know, I know...I'll log off now.

Fox Fan said:
Don't be fooled by this, Tim has a history of telling porkies just before somethign happens. For example no money for players in the transfer window - then we spend £600k on Fryatt. Personally I suspect we have someone backing the club and should Cottril or someone who is already empolyed wish to join us then the money would be found.

We spent nothing like that up front and i don't remember Tim saying that at all.

alex said:
We spent nothing like that up front and i don't remember Tim saying that at all.

Alex you know my general point is valid, I know it was and has been said that we have no money to spend and we have then spent some. Why don't tou just pass my post by instead of acting negitivly towards it when its clear several other people have already pointed out my mistake? I mean whats your post got that hadn't been said?

webmaster said:
Can you point us to a reliable source for this alleged comment from TD that we had no money to spend?

[FONT=&quot]No. But I don't quite have the same knowledge of the net as you do.

Anyway Webmaster whats your game here all you seem to want to do is constantly undermine what everyone says?
[/FONT]

silkman said:
I have a dream....Mrs O'Neill wants MON out the house for a few weeks; MON has nothing better to do 'til he takes over England in August; and Lenny wants to work with him as player coach, with a view to taking over next season...
I know, I know...I'll log off now.

If this happend then expect 32000 fans every week!!

Unfortunatly I have woken up!

Fox Fan said:
Anyway Webmaster whats your game here all you seem to want to do is constantly undermine what everyone says?

No, I just don't accept things without question.
If someone states something as fact, which I think is wrong, I'll say I think they're wrong.
If you don't want to be corrected, check your facts before posting.

Fox Fan said:

We don't recall Tim saying this either, but if it was indicated then maybe it would have been prior to beating Spurs.

The club budgets for going out in the first round of the cup that they play in, therefore if we progress past that any money generated is 'free' for the manager to use.

So the Saints game is important to win, as it would create some funds for the new boss

silkman said:
Where am I? What's 'league one'?
It's the old division three me old china....:icon_sad:

Foxes_Trust said:
We don't recall Tim saying this either, but if it was indicated then maybe it would have been prior to beating Spurs.

The club budgets for going out in the first round of the cup that they play in, therefore if we progress past that any money generated is 'free' for the manager to use.

So the Saints game is important to win, as it would create some funds for the new boss

I wonder if you have re-evaluated your position on wether or not the club has one or more individuals backing it? I only ask because we seem to of spent a lot of money in CL's time here and I really can't see where its come from. I had previously stated that I think we might have someone behind us. Infact I think that might be the reason CL was sacked because someone behind the scences was willing to put up the money to get rid of him and bring someone else in.

Fox Fan said:
I wonder if you have re-evaluated your position on wether or not the club has one or more individuals backing it? I only ask because we seem to of spent a lot of money in CL's time here and I really can't see where its come from. I had previously stated that I think we might have someone behind us. Infact I think that might be the reason CL was sacked because someone behind the scences was willing to put up the money to get rid of him and bring someone else in.

Hmm maybe, but if you factor in the cup runs, televised cup game fee, and the profit of connoly that could be how its all been paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669