Not open for further replies.
Mike Hunt Smells said:
--------------------Douglas---------------------

Stearman-----Gerrbrand--McCarthy-----Maybury

------Williams----Gudjonsson----Hughes

-----------Hammond--------Fryatt

----------------------Hume

Subs:- Henderson, Johansson, Wesolowski, Smith, De Vries

A great Christmas tree formation, maybe we should get Terry Venables as manager :icon_eek::icon_bigg

My team would be:

-------------------Henderson

Stearman, Paddy McCarthy, Johansson, Sheehan
--------------------Gudjonsson(or Williams)
---------Hughes-------------------Smith
-----------------------MDV
-------------hume-----------Fryatt

Last edited:
i would go for

-----------------Henderson

------Macarthy---Gerbrand-----Johansson

Stearman---------Gudjonson---------Smith

----------Hughes-----------Williams

-------------Hume----------Fryatt

I think we need to play an attacking team - So'ton hate pace at the moment, they are is disgruntled as us. They are ripe for the taking.

We need the pace of Smith and Hammond IMO although there is no point in having it if there is no end product so get Fryatt and possible Hume in the middle and ask the wingers to get to the line and either a) win a corner, b) run in on the goal and pull it back to one of the strikers or c) hold it up, lay it back to one of the supporting midfielders who can then cross it in. I don't think there is much point in playing De Vries - playing him makes us so obvious - we need to be cunning as foxes for the rest of the season. Solidarity at the back should reward us as long as we can convert a few the other end (not to any religion or ought, I mean chances into goals). Finally, why not adopt a shoot on site policy? One of them is bound to go in - a few wonder goals for us for a change.

BLUE ARMY!

Still 4-3-3 for me.

Douglas (he has looked okay the last few games)

Stearman McCarthy Gerrbrand Johansson

Williams (take the ball of the back four and act as play maker)

Gudjonsson Hughes

Hammond Fryatt Hume

Williams as the play maker, try and avoid the long ball. Joey and hughes bring some energy into the midfield. I have chosen Hume over Smith, because i think it is better to play someone who has their future to think about, and he can hopefully create for Fryatt.

highland fox said:
Doesn't matter who plays we will lose tomorrow 4-0.

Do you think we would win with Levien?

Honest question.

highland fox said:
Doesn't matter who plays we will lose tomorrow 4-0.

Nowt like blind optimism highlander. :)

Feriol said:
Do you think we would win with Levien?

Honest question.

Doesn't matter he's gone..end of.
There will be no radical changes in style or team selection,Kelly as said himself that we weren't/aren't doing a lot wrong so expect to see a very similar side as it has been with no new fangled formations etc.We are there for the taking and I fully expect us to be well beaten.

Last edited:
highland fox said:

you seem very negative since his departure.

Its good to see you posting again anyway mate :)

Feriol said:
you seem very negative since his departure.

I'm matching all the negativity the majority posted on here day in day out over the past 3 months.Sorry but I can't get excited over the thought of Jim Smith,Peter Reid or Gary MacAllister in charge.

highland fox said:
There will be no radical changes in style or team selection,Kelly as said himself that we weren't/aren't doing a lot wrong so expect to see a very similar side as it has been with no new fangled formations etc.We are there for the taking and I fully expect us to be well beaten.

I agree! :icon_cry::mad:

highland fox said:
I'm matching all the negativity the majority posted on here day in day out over the past 3 months.Sorry but I can't get excited over the thought of Jim Smith,Peter Reid or Gary MacAllister in charge.

Don't worry highlander, I doubt any of the above names you mentioned will be the future LCFC manager.

You have a good weekend mate.

highland fox said:
I'm matching all the negativity the majority posted on here day in day out over the past 3 months. Sorry but I can't get excited over the thought of Jim Smith,Peter Reid or Gary MacAllister in charge.

I agree with that too, I doubt we will get anyone better in charge, we have no money and were looked at as a poisoned chalice! In many ways todays situation has been waiting to happen since administration. We have been lucky up to now in getting premiership money then parachute money. I dare say some Division 1 teams have more money to spend than us now!

Still... I hope I'm wrong :icon_razz:biggrin::icon_razz

I thought I would join in the debate after being a voyeur on the forum for a while.

My team for Saturday would be: -

Douglas

Stearman
McCarthy
Gerrbrand
Johanson

Hughes
Weslowski
Gudjonson
Smith

De Vries
Fryatt

Subs

Henderson
Dublin
Kisnorbo
Hume
Hammond

Reasons...

Smith is not good defensively, needs someone solid behind him. Weslowski is better than Kisnorbo in the holding midfield role. Keep Joey in front of the goal as one day one of those shots is going to go in.

welcome merchant banker. good first post.

i think you could be right with the team selection here....apart from fryatt who is cup tied.

Last edited:
The Voice From Above said:
welcome merchant banker. good first post.

i think you could be right with the team selection here....apart from fryatt who is cup tied.

Thanks for the welcome Voice and for pointing out my mistake. I will put Hume in alongside MdV and put either Williams or Morris on the bench. I know Morris has been out for a long time, but including him on the bench would provide some encouragement (as long as he doesn't have to come on)

i think with the exception of Kisnorbo, i think Levein was playing his best team.

Douglas

Stearman
McCarthy
Nils/Dublin/Gerrbrand
Maybury (may not be natural but better than anyone else we have)

Sylla - hammond may do a lot of running but he's not a winger, or a striker.
Williams
Joey
Hughes/Smith

MDV
Fryatt/Hume

that to me is a strong enough team to stay in this division by a long way. i think most people agreed that it was a lack of motivation and poor mentality that has been failing us, not the actual team that's been picked so dont expect any massive changes when a new manager arrives.

to those people that are just picking a load of youngsters, do you think these kids can actually save us? there is a reason why the majority of teams don't throw their youngsters in at the deep end, it's too much pressure.

when making their eraly appearances, younger players need to go out there knowing that an "average" game will be good enough, ie no pressure. we need big performances to stay in this division.

Players to offload - Kisnorbo, Hammond, Hamill, MDV when we have a suitable target man.

unfortunately after all the hype i can't see Hume staying at the club long unless the new manager likes playing a support Striker or he forces himself in on the right of midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669