What they don’t want you to know II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Boy

The unprecedented drop in the number/quality of postings can be attributed to two distinct theories. Many of the ‘enlightened’ population hold faith in the assumption that the decline is directly proportional to the fact that the team at present couldn’t win a one legged race with both legs available for use. The unquestionable fact that Connolly could score in La Manga, never mind a brothel, seems to support this. I for one however support an alternative theory which I hope most of you will identify as the truth.

My theory is as follows.

1. Current quality of posting – This has taken a slight turn for the worse and with many of the ‘Old School’ having ceased posting, a newer and more dangerous version has replaced them. The fact that many of the ‘new breed’ appear to have spent most of their time at school picking their noses, downloading patches for CM games, before playing the aforementioned games and wondering what line up the manager, P Taylor/D Bassett/Micky Adams (delete as appropriate), will play the following weekend. The use of mobile phone text messaging jargon supports this case and is clearly evident in posts such as “Wat U doing 4 the game 2 morrow?” In my opinion this clearly demonstrates the existence of a subversive subculture intent on destroying all we hold dear. Sorry all but I woke up in England this morning. This country’s language is still English and it hasn’t been replaced for some conglomeration of geek/nerd or lazy f*****g w****r speak!

2. Current quantity of posting – Quite honestly the volume of posts each day has dramatically reduced to a level lower than the sperm count in a village full of eunuchs. The main reason for this is down to the absence of a few sadly missed members. It is true that certain members both old and new attempt to add life to this sorry situation, however most of these posts are either banal, inaccurate or plagiarism of the highest order.

3. It frightens me that of the current level of 865 current members 316 have never made a post. I have taken this to be a direct point of reference to the ‘prawn sandwich’ brigade who attend games when our beloved team is winning and disappear soon after. The fact that these ‘loyal’ supporters are ‘mutes’ can be seen week in and week out whenever City are playing well. It is therefore unsurprising that most have come to see what we do but either have no opinions of their own or lack the confidence to express an opinion in total confidentiality.

I do hope that there are those amongst you that can use this as inspiration towards a greater good. I also succeed however that there are those amongst you that will find this offensive and uncalled for and for this I apologize unreservedly, but if the cap fits wear it!:wink:

Hear! Hear!

Sorry I don't post much. I am a stalwart member of good standing and am certainly not part of the text brigade. I read, with interest the comments most days and generally, it's the same drivvel being spouted.

Now and again, I do chip in with a quality post such as this one, but I do appreciate the likes of Joe_Fox who treat this forum like a brainstorming session. True! Most of these posts are complete garbage, but every so often he comes up with a complete gem.

I take your point about the CM reference. However, it has crossed my mind that although the forum seems to be riddled with CM experts transferring to real life - Is it not Mr Adams who seems to have managing methods very similar to those suggested by the Eidos programmers.

Keep Posting

Rich

i agree with this post in the main but as one of the quiter forum members i don't think i sit in any of the categories you suggest (prawn sandwich, scared to post etc...)

i use this forum as a way of keeping up to date on city news and views and do enjoy reading some of the posters on here. i am not one for posting for the sake of it and as i access this mainly from work i do not generally have the time to get into msn messenger type chats.

However, in the three months i have been viewing the site i have found the rumours, the debates and some of the comical posts very enjoyable....i keep coming back to see what is being said so that must show some interest.

i think it depends on what you are looking for from an internet forum, i want to know gossip / rumours on the team and the club, peoples views on the games and players and any other general city related stuff. personally i get all this from here and think the site works for me.

RichMC24 said:
Hear! Hear!

Sorry I don't post much. I am a stalwart member of good standing and am certainly not part of the text brigade. I read, with interest the comments most days and generally, it's the same drivvel being spouted.

Now and again, I do chip in with a quality post such as this one, but I do appreciate the likes of Joe_Fox who treat this forum like a brainstorming session. True! Most of these posts are complete garbage, but every so often he comes up with a complete gem.

Rich

Oooh Rich, that's a beauty of a point. Well put.
I tell you what, this thread has hit several nails right on the bonce. The split between this forum and the kiddies play pen (foxestalk) has been a sufference for all concerned. This time a year ago we were a happy ship. Malf was on board, many posters seemed in high spirits and all was going well, but then people, mainly the young nose pickers (as Rich so elegantly coined) started to get over whelmed by the comedy. This started a civil war and ended up with the grotesque formation of foxestalk.

I tell you what, I went on the foxes talk for a while, notched up 100 odd posts and the grief started again. City Fan (how he dare call himself that is beyond me) called me numerous names and ordered me to make a decision on what forum I posted on so that he could post on the other. I called him a prune sandwich (as you do) and asked him to kindly grow up.

Now to finish the story off, I'm back on here for 3 minutes and I see some nice words spoken about yours truly and that's lovely. It's nice to see and certainly has made my allegence to talkingballs even stronger.

You lot, well most of you, are crackers, not in mad, but crackers, as in COR what a cracker!

Some of you are complete penis smokers but that's to be expected, without you it'd be dull.
Pat yourselves on the back and sing hallelujah. GET IN THERE!

I'm a fairly new member, supported Leicester all my life and have been a season ticket holder for 10 seasons. for the first few months i found it intimedating posting on here because everyone seemed to know everyone and didn't react well to some of my posts. but now after not giving a shite what people think of my opinions have been posting a fair few posts. like the above post i also access it through work and have no time outside of work to geton and post.

I come on here to find out people views on whats happened/happening to the club rumors etc because i live outside of leicester (Tamworth) there is not many people who support Leicester (all Man u, villa, brum) and find it difficult to talk to them about such topics. maybe even make a few friends to have a beer with before the match travel to away games with because like i said living where i do no one wants to go and watch leicester except for my dad and if he doesn't go to away games then i go on my own which isn't great.

I don't know about the "old school" posters but one thing, if you do not like the "new" posters then why come back and moan on about how it was so good a couple of years ago, and how it has gone down hill, surely that makes just as bad as the new posters?

leicester_til_i_die said:
I'm a fairly new member, supported Leicester all my life and have been a season ticket holder for 10 seasons. for the first few months i found it intimedating posting on here because everyone seemed to know everyone and didn't react well to some of my posts. but now after not giving a shite what people think of my opinions have been posting a fair few posts. like the above post i also access it through work and have no time outside of work to geton and post.

I come on here to find out people views on whats happened/happening to the club rumors etc because i live outside of leicester (Tamworth) there is not many people who support Leicester (all Man u, villa, brum) and find it difficult to talk to them about such topics. maybe even make a few friends to have a beer with before the match travel to away games with because like i said living where i do no one wants to go and watch leicester except for my dad and if he doesn't go to away games then i go on my own which isn't great.

I don't know about the "old school" posters but one thing, if you do not like the "new" posters then why come back and moan on about how it was so good a couple of years ago, and how it has gone down hill, surely that makes just as bad as the new posters?

Read the damn thing mate. I would welcome fesh ideas on condition that they actually made sense. I thought I spelt it out plainly enough. :roll:

Billy Boy said:
....however most of these posts are either banal....
i'm here all week... :wink:

Furtle said:
I don't post much, but love looking at MK Fox's arse....

Totally unrelated to posting though Furtle, or do you mean MK's avatar arse?

Postings

I like 'Nottingham Fox' use the forum to keep up to date with rumours and news about the 'City'. I left Leicester some 25 years ago, but prior to this I was season ticket holder, however some 300 miles now seperates me from the Walkers Stadium, quite a long way to travel for a home game.
I must be honest, some of the topics on the forum are quite banal, and on occasions pretty crude. I can swear etc with the best of them, but it does limit the scope of any conversation, when someones view consists of ' he's a twat', or some other derogortory phrase. No I don't post very often, but the 'City' doesn't get much of a mention in the Scottish papers,unless of course the transfer rumour mill gets hold of something, which involves a Scottish player.
On a football note I think the team will be there or there abouts at the end of the season, it seems to me, from my lofty position north of the border, they are taking a bit longer to gel than was anticipated. We must not forget, this is almost an entirely new team, from the last campaign. As for Dublin and Connelly, give them a chance,they have only known each other a few weeks, I saw Connelly at Kilmarnoch, and I was really impressed, a very hard worker, someone who will run forever, I'm convinced he will start scoring goals. Overall I would say 7 out of 10, with a 'could do better ' comment, not bad for a new team.

Working 12 hr shifts and being at college prevents me posting as much, i do try from time to time to say funny stuff on ere and foxestalk, on there it goes down like jordan on anyfing in trousers.

EMC Fox said:
rotherhamfox said:
Working 12 hr shifts and being at college prevents me posting as much, i do try from time to time to say funny stuff on ere and foxestalk, on there it goes down like jordan on anyfing in trousers.

Jordan Stewart?

Could explain a few things, hey wheres his dodgy neck brace gone this year, i miss laughing at him. That polo neck was retro at best.

I've given up on Foxestalk,I think they just ignore my comments......I said they just ignore me.

highland fox said:
I've given up on Foxestalk,I think they just ignore my comments......I said they just ignore me.

I mean i know im the same age as most on foxes talk, but i hope you lot don't put me in the same bracket, cos most of em just talk absolute shite, and will slag anyone who's opnion differs to theirs.

highland fox said:
I've given up on Foxestalk.

but i thought it was the BEST Leicester City forum?? :lol:

i haven't been on there and i won't be going on there, we have to put up with Petrescu on the OS boards slagging off anybody who dares to point out some of his views hold as much cohesive thought as a holey bucket does water, and his continuous ramming down the throat that other fans don't know what they are talking about but HE does attitude.
his personal vendettas against anyone who tells him to grow up and respect other peoples opinons are tiresome enough without having to see him do the same thing on another site!!

of course.he has been on the OS boards raving about how great his site is,you'd think if it was so great he wouldn't keep spamming there to get more people to use his instead?

i have to say that i think this place has become a better place overall now that the kiddies have their own playground to have arguments in.
yes,the quantity of posts has slowed down but i don't think that's a major issue, i agree about the people who have registered but don't post though....i just can't see the point of NOT saying anything,why register?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566