what would you chant on sat

Status
Not open for further replies.
muzzy magic said:
The Problem we have against Norwich is that they are on a roll and the confidence is high, they've had some good results recently and there going to see us as an easy target, and from what i've seen recently it could be a cricket score!! I'd never stop supporting the team but at the moment it's hard going to watch a team knowing we're going to struggle against Millwall/Crewe

My concern is that CL will adopt to go with the 4 - 5 - 1 formation, try to stifle Norwich and nick a point, rather than go for the game by the scruff of the neck, the problem being is that if we adopt a too defensive approach to the match then he may well add to the pressure on himself and his players.

Just as a thought, I am not convinced that CL shields or protects his players very well in the media, he is very quick to point out individual errors rather than trying to protect the offender, he does tend to be over critical which then surely rubs off on the supporters and the team. If I were Levein I would be trying to instill a siege mentality amongst the squad, but at the moment he appears to be trying to distance himself from blame or responsibility.

Boy Genius said:
cheer up mate, you sound really down today, it could be worse....;)

I do last night I felt as low as I ever have as a City supporter, and today I can honestly say I feel no better or optimistic, I have lost faith in the manager, and the board just do not convince me they have any idea what course of action is required. It is too reminiscent of the Pleat and Taylor era's where the boards blind loyalty to a manager who clearly wasnt performing, and I am really, really concerned. League 1 football could kill LCFC and the cold hard facts of today is that is a real possibility, I fear for our club.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
My concern is that CL will adopt to go with the 4 - 5 - 1 formation, try to stifle Norwich and nick a point, rather than go for the game by the scruff of the neck, the problem being is that if we adopt a too defensive approach to the match then he may well add to the pressure on himself and his players.

Just as a thought, I am not convinced that CL shields or protects his players very well in the media, he is very quick to point out individual errors rather than trying to protect the offender, he does tend to be over critical which then surely rubs off on the supporters and the team. If I were Levein I would be trying to instill a siege mentality amongst the squad, but at the moment he appears to be trying to distance himself from blame or responsibility.

He has done that for a while now, and I have said before that seems a harsh approach to take. When you throw critisim around in the media, the players will eventually read or hear it and that will have a bad effect sooner or later.
An example is Nissa at the moment, he seems to take a lot of the blame, yet at the end of the day he is being played well out of position. Every player has his prefered position so why not play them in it? I fully expect to see Tiatto play on the right soon. He also said last night he was going to fine McCarthy for a silly booking, is he going to do the same to Tiatto for Boxing Day?
The more CL tries to distance himself from the blame, the more flack he will generate for himself. He would get more respect if he said for once "feck it, today I made a mistake"

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I do last night I felt as low as I ever have as a City supporter, and today I can honestly say I feel no better or optimistic, I have lost faith in the manager, and the board just do not convince me they have any idea what course of action is required. It is too reminiscent of the Pleat and Taylor era's where the boards blind loyalty to a manager who clearly wasnt performing, and I am really, really concerned. League 1 football could kill LCFC and the cold hard facts of today is that is a real possibility, I fear for our club.

I know it is just not worth contemplating Div1 football, but I am sure Sunderland, Man City, Birmingham said the same things.
I like the fact we have NEVER been out of the top two divisions and I want it to stay that way, but there is still another 20 odd matches to go and there are teams worse than us in this division who will go on their bad runs soon

newtonfox said:
NO i was asking what would you chant to try and pick the team up apart from what we do already

At home our vocal support is useless, so unless that situation can be fixed, motivation by the fans is never going to happen.

Away matches the atmosphere is electric, and some of the better performances I have seen this season have been away.

Boy Genius said:
I know it is just not worth contemplating Div1 football, but I am sure Sunderland, Man City, Birmingham said the same things.
I like the fact we have NEVER been out of the top two divisions and I want it to stay that way, but there is still another 20 odd matches to go and there are teams worse than us in this division who will go on their bad runs soon

My concerns are more based on the financial implications of relegation and the very real threat of going back into administration, the 10 point penalty that goes along with it, and the fact that our wage bill despite the cuts will still be a massive burden, bear in mind that a lot of the players are on longer contracts and also the fact that some have come from SPL or Prem clubs, albeit the reserves, I would imagine by the cars seen in the car park at the Walkers that many are still on decent wages.

Plus I dont believe the current board have either the financial clout or influence to enable the club to manage the inevitable drop in revenue that would be associated. By the way regardless of division, I will still renew my season ticket and get to as many away games as humanly possible, but I fear I would be in the minority next season.

Boy Genius said:
At home our vocal support is useless, so unless that situation can be fixed, motivation by the fans is never going to happen.

Away matches the atmosphere is electric, and some of the better performances I have seen this season have been away.

People who I have spoke to Family,friends have all told me that there is no atmosphere at The Walkers,whether that is down to the fans or the Stadium I don't know.Can't just be Results though because i went In the MA promotion season and the atmosphere wasn't 'all that' even then.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
My concerns are more based on the financial implications of relegation and the very real threat of going back into administration, the 10 point penalty that goes along with it, and the fact that our wage bill despite the cuts will still be a massive burden, bear in mind that a lot of the players are on longer contracts and also the fact that some have come from SPL or Prem clubs, albeit the reserves, I would imagine by the cars seen in the car park at the Walkers that many are still on decent wages.

Plus I dont believe the current board have either the financial clout or influence to enable the club to manage the inevitable drop in revenue that would be associated. By the way regardless of division, I will still renew my season ticket and get to as many away games as humanly possible, but I fear I would be in the minority next season.

I will be with you on that one as well. I cannot understand the tossers who had season tickets when we were in the Premiership and then did not renew when we went down.
As for the board at the moment, I think they would cope if we went down. But like I have said I look on that at the moment as something that will not happen

Last edited:
highland fox said:
People who I have spoke to Family,friends have all told me that there is no atmosphere at The Walkers,whether that is down to the fans or the Stadium I don't know.Can't just be Results though because i went In the MA promotion season and the atmosphere wasn't 'all that' even then.

The fans who make all the noise are in two or three different parts of the ground and well away from each other. The L1 tossers, are only there to goad the opposition, they would be better off sitting in the kop and generating more noise there.
Since we moved to the Walkers the atmosphere has evaporated. Maybe the club should instal some secret microphones and amplify the noise:icon_roll

"Craig Leveins Blue and White Army"

And

"You can stick ya Dave Penney up ya arse, You can stick ya Dave Penney up ya arse, stick ya Dave Penney, stick ya Dave Penney, stick ya Dave Penney up ya arse SIDEWAYS!!!"

Or

"Our fans are fcuking shit, Our fans are fcuking shit,"

Lastly...

"We're a town full of retards, town full of reeeeeeeeeetards"

Boy Genius said:

I agree that our home support is bad which is not helped by a dreadful stadium but 18 points from home games and 8 from away games tells its own story.

Bobby Smith said:
I agree that our home support is bad which is not helped by a dreadful stadium but 18 points from home games and 8 from away games tells its own story.

fair point....:icon_roll

Bobby Smith said:
Agreed, but away from home the fans are so much better, the atmosphere so much better. I just wish that some of the home fans went to an away game just once, to experience how good supporting your team can be.

Boy Genius said:
are teams worse than us in this division who will go on their bad runs soon

Not much evidence of that this season so far, nor last season. 5 wins all season suggest that we have to accept that we are a poor side, the Sheff Utd game was a one-off.

I don't think CL should go NOW, since we have two games coming up on the weekend. However I have now lost complete faith in him. Less than 4 pts from those games should see a change next week IMO.

Real Sharapova said:
Agreed, but away from home the fans are so much better, the atmosphere so much better. I just wish that some of the home fans went to an away game just once, to experience how good supporting your team can be.

Of course they are as they tend to be the more hardcore element, that is no way a dig at anybody, but that is the truth of the matter, the home crowd is diluted by families, kids and corporate hangers on, but it is the same for every team in the division, I was at Preston - Sheff Wed and the atmosphere from the home crowd was shite. Incidently every away game I have been to this season it has been the same, where the home fans are notoriously quiet compared to the visiting fans.

Real Sharapova said:

Bolton was great even though we lost:icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670