Whats Happening With Marcus Bent?

Log in to stop seeing adverts

Status
Not open for further replies.

cainy

New Member
Everything Seems To Have Gone Quiet Bout us Signing Him.I know We approached Ipswich For Him To Stay Another Season And if They Lost There Playoff Witch They Did They Couldn't Pay Him.Anybody Know Whats Happening?
 

buzzer_b

New Member
Yeh I know. Things seems to go pretty slow. I guess thats a bad thing :(
 

Malf

New Member
Scowcroft said:
Petrescu said:
He's a bit stuck then cause the Ipswich fans dont want him.

Shame.

I think he'll get a Premiership club, someone like Charlton.

They've got money to spend, they will buy Earnshaw IMO. Bent will go to West Brom or Palace at best
 

Joe_Fox

Well-Known Member
I heard Celtic were interested in him :roll:
 

dannyboy

New Member
Bent would be a cracking signing for a midtable premier team imo, he'll be out of our budget I imagine. He says he loved it here but any mates he made will all be elsewhere!!!!
 

gagandeep

New Member
i think there is still a chance of him coming to us because he'll be guarranteed of first team football, what premiership side is there where you can say that he will always play? i can't name many
 

Leigh

Well-Known Member
gagandeep said:
i think there is still a chance of him coming to us because he'll be guarranteed of first team football, what premiership side is there where you can say that he will always play? i can't name many

But do we have enough money to spend 17k pw on one player's wages? (when we aren't obligated to like with Benji)
 

Scowcroft

New Member
Leigh said:
gagandeep said:
i think there is still a chance of him coming to us because he'll be guarranteed of first team football, what premiership side is there where you can say that he will always play? i can't name many

But do we have enough money to spend 17k pw on one player's wages? (when we aren't obligated to like with Benji)

You never know, he may fancy sacrificing some of his wages to play first team football, but it is extremely unlikely......
 

KTFaith

New Member
Rumour in Tractor boy country that a swap of Scowy & Bent is being considered. Perhaps their wishful thinking as they always loved Scowy & didn't seem to like Bent.

Similar wage, so has some sense however would Marcus agree to play in Div 1 is still the more likely obsticle
 

weluvulesta

New Member
KTFaith said:
Rumour in Tractor boy country that a swap of Scowy & Bent is being considered. Perhaps their wishful thinking as they always loved Scowy & didn't seem to like Bent.

Similar wage, so has some sense however would Marcus agree to play in Div 1 is still the more likely obsticle

lets hope so, though you ahve no proof. Who is ur source in Tractor Boy Land?
 

Leigh

Well-Known Member
KTFaith said:
Rumour in Tractor boy country that a swap of Scowy & Bent is being considered. Perhaps their wishful thinking as they always loved Scowy & didn't seem to like Bent.

Similar wage, so has some sense however would Marcus agree to play in Div 1 is still the more likely obsticle

But Ipswich can't afford Bent's wage, that's why they want to get rid, why would they swap one high-earner for another.
 

Joe_Fox

Well-Known Member
That's a made up rumour, it's got to be, there is no sense in it at all.
 

trickytrev

New Member
Neither Scowcroft or Bent would be willing to make a pay cut to come to the respective clubs. You also have to remeber that Micky rates Scowy very highly and would not be willing to let him go. Sad but true.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Log in to stop seeing adverts

Premier League

P Pld Pts
1Arsenal00
2Aston Villa00
3Brentford00
4Brighton00
5Burnley00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00
9Leeds Utd00
10Leicester00
11Liverpool00
12Manchester City00
13Manchester Utd00
14Newcastle Utd00
15Norwich City00
16Southampton00
17Tottenham 00
18Watford00
19West Ham Utd00
20Wolves00

Latest posts

Top