What's the story with Peter Canero?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being put in with what was basically an academy team makes it look like there is something going on. We bought him cheep for about £250k because his contract was running out; he looked good most of the time I saw him; he can play a lot of roles; from people I have heard from who have meet him he is a nice guy who is more bothered about playing than money. So what is going on?

Even if Craig did not rate him as a full back I would have thought with all the roles he can fill he would be good as a sub at least.

Anyone heard what the problem is, Mad Biker I can appreciate that you may not be able to give the full low down but have you heard any indication if he is likely to be moved on or will he play a part in the future for City under Craig?

I'd be very sorry if he goes, I think there he has a lot of potential.

It's a strange story, isn't it ?

Playing with the academy kids at every opportunity - public humiliation, to be honest
Seeing the new manager successively play two centre backs at right back, and moving the acknowledged right back to left back
Never even getting anywhere near the bench

There were rumours of fitness/weight problems, but I've got no idea whether they are true or not

If Levein thinks he's not up to it I'm surprised he hasn't shifted him out the door, as his contract can't be worth much

Has he decked/shagged someone he shouldn't have ?

Leave me out of this, Alex, we're talking about Peter Canero

If his shot against Leeds just after we had got back to 2-2 had gone in things could be a lot different - we may still be in the premiership, we may still have Micky Adams, and who knows - maybe Canero would have been captain.

homer said:
It's a strange story, isn't it ?

Playing with the academy kids at every opportunity - public humiliation, to be honest
Seeing the new manager successively play two centre backs at right back, and moving the acknowledged right back to left back
Never even getting anywhere near the bench

There were rumours of fitness/weight problems, but I've got no idea whether they are true or not

If Levein thinks he's not up to it I'm surprised he hasn't shifted him out the door, as his contract can't be worth much

Has he decked/shagged someone he shouldn't have ?

This all sounds familiar boys.

Levein gets credit for being strong minded however he is an arrogant b*****d. One or two Hearts players didn't toe the line and got the cold shoulder (to the detriment of the team by the way!).

As for playing players out of position, Leveins' last few team selections at Hearts had our best RB playing at LB, our best LB playing right midfield, a left winger playing on the right, our best centre midfielder playing wide right, a centrehalf playing striker, a guy who couldn't kick the ball with his left foot playing on the left!

Confused? We were!!!!!!! :? :? :?

Nothing wrong with having a arrogant manager,didn't do Clough any harm.In fact I prefer it,maybe CL just dosen't consider Canero good enough or fit enough yet,he's not going to drop Maybury or Gillespie to play Canero.Then there's Kenton and Stearman also on the right.

There is nothing wrong with trying new ideas that include left footed players player on the right, so they can cut in. MA played players out of position and even when it did not work he continues for months with the same idea. tyhat was frustrating

If CL trys something and it dont work and he then puts it right and learns something about the teams ability and then changes things accordingly then I dont care what he tries.

step said:
If CL trys something and it dont work and puts it right and learns something about the teams ability and then changes things accordingly then I dont care what he tries.

Agreed. :smt023 :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670