When Can We Expect An Announcement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leigh said:
If there is no-one out there then maybe the board shouldn't have been so hasty to sack CL, fan pressure or not.
I agree, but I'm in a very small minority. They had to show they were doing something, even if ultimately it means nothing.

Maybe no-one was lined up because they do not like what is on offer that is currently unemployed!

Maybe they are waiting for a 'friend' of an in post manager to give them a call.

Though it seems likely that there is no money to compensate a club anyway.

When was the last time a manager 'resigned', then a short while later applied for a vacant post?

How much would Tranmere want for Brian Little?

I always had a soft spot for Kevin Keegan - simple philosophy - "just score more goals than you let in". Exciting early days at Man City, you could guarantee 6 goals every game. You were never sure how many of them would be yours though!

Leviens position had become untenable. It wasnt recent performanced alone that cost him his job. It was the poor results and performances over the 15 months since he took over. We went backwards on in terms of our results. . Everything may have been alright with other aspects, but managers are measured on results and ours were appalling. We may still go down, but at least we are trying to change the situation. There is no pleasure for anyone in sacking a manager, but sometimes you have to do the right thing and take whats coming. We'll move forward now.

I agree he'd lost the plot, but the short length of his tenure and nature of TD's announcement will make people think twice about coming here.

i just dont think gary mac is the right man but as has been said before he cant do any worse

Polar Bear said:
I agree he'd lost the plot, but the short length of his tenure and nature of TD's announcement will make people think twice about coming here.

Enough managers have done more in less time this season that CL, and on similar budgets. He just wasn't good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669