Where do you all reckon you'll finish this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to get promotion you need to score a hatfull of goals and with the current frontline that is'nt going to happen.
IMO the rest of the team looks pretty solid, both the Celtic and Inter games have shown that we want to pass the ball, the backline looked composed and alot more mobile than recent seasons. In the middle we seem energetic closing down and stringing a few passes together and in Sylla we have a bit of flare to brighten things up a bit (even if it doesn't always come off). The problem is the front two, Conners and MDV will get there share of goals but niether seem to be a main striker and we have no pace at all. The midfield seem reluctant to play the 'killer ball' as they realise that we are not quick enough to get on the end of it, hense we want to walk the ball into the net.
On the current crop top half, if we get an exciting forward then who knows.
TBH all that I want to see this season are eleven men in our beloved blue playing with a bit of pride, playing a bit of football and be entertained, cause we aint had that for while, anything elase is a bonus.

BTW I hate to say this but I think Wolves will be the surprise package this season fighting it out with Norwich for the top spot:icon_sad:

Naughty Fox said:
BTW I hate to say this but I think Wolves will be the surprise package this season .... :icon_sad:

Hoddle needs to make some signings quickly.

I have Wolves in my accumulator - I think you'll do very well.... I can see us finishing top 5.

Am feeling optimistic so reckon we will be in the play offs (plus that is being offered at 20-1 at the bookies - worth a punt)

only need to score hatful of goals if the defense is leaky, craig has built from the back so I am confident we will have long unbeaten runs, the question is will most be draws or wins.

Chrysalis said:
only need to score hatful of goals if the defense is leaky, craig has built from the back so I am confident we will have long unbeaten runs, the question is will most be draws or wins.

Goals win games, good defenses bad forwards mean 0-0 draws :icon_sad:
No not bad, Conners and MDV will get goals, but not enough IMO, they just do not have any flair or pace, if we go 1 or 2 down in a game you need a forward to have a bit of something to get a goal from nothing and lift the team/supporters, both of them are a bit too predictable.
I like Conners but he needs a goal scorer next to him.

Quite right, the best teams are built from the back and don't concede, just like ours (I hope ;-)

Wolves are my pick for champions though, much as I don't like to admit it Glen Hoddle is a pretty good manager and at the end of last season they were the best team imo

connolly will get goals this season, because we are no longer playing the hoof all the time, so our style of play should suit him. Also i have been very impressed with Johansson and i feel he will be a key player this season.

Without a new Goalscorer I'd say 10th with a Goalscorer maybe Play Offs,we won't concede many.I think Norwich will do very well with Ashton scoring a bucket load.

Need I say it again take a look at sunderland last season their strikers were not prolific. I feel we need a new striker but not because I think the current guys arent capable I have great faith in connoly and co but because of competition for places and injury cover.

Chrysalis said:
Need I say it again take a look at sunderland last season their strikers were not prolific.

Maybe but Sunderland scored 27 more goals than us last season quite a few came from midfielders can you honestly see any of our midfielders getting into double figures this Season?.I'm not too bothered who scores them but it is clear we will need to score something like 25 more goals this season coming and I cannot see who those 25 are going to come from.

Yes I can see it, if conncoly keeps his form from the end of last season he will get 20+ I expect MDV will get 10+, and gareth williams could get double figures from midfield.

Chrysalis said:
Yes I can see it, if conncoly keeps his form from the end of last season he will get 20+ I expect MDV will get 10+, and gareth williams could get double figures from midfield.

Not 100% sure about the MDV bit but the rest I can agree with.

You really think Williams will be a regular in the starting line up ?

highland fox said:
You really think Williams will be a regular in the starting line up ?

Im not sure, i think him and Hughes could be a good partnership(young and energetic midfield going forward, a little worrying coming back). The prob with that is, it will mean dropping tiatto from central midfield, where IMO he plays his better (note I didnt say best) football.

I would imagine Kisnorbo will play a lot of games in the midfield when he's fit so that leaves one other midfield slot up for grabs...I'd rather have Hughes who conceivable could score 10.. but I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669