Where It Has Gone Wrong This Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where does everybody think that this season has gone wrong? This is my take:

Managers:

Martin Allen - Out of his depth & out of his mind.
Gary Megson - A user and a dull man who liked to play an 8-1-1 formation who thankfully left before there were any fan casualties at the Walkers from being bored to death!!
Ian Holloway - Talks a great game. Little to show so far to back it up. Questionable tactical decisions e.g. 5 strikers on at any one time. If it has wored he says "Look at me aren't I great!! Play Offs not out of our reach." When we lose of course it is always the refs fault!!

Players:

We have made some bad decisions in the market culminating in having to pay off several of the useless ****ers at Christmas. Also we paid about £2m for DJ Campbell and decided not to sign Kevin Lisbie who was on trial for nothing. Lisbie has gone on to score 17 times so far this season. We also let Hendrie go to Sheff Utd and we have all seen the influence he can have at this level since he came on loan. Poor decisions in the market have cost us dearly. We have also been crying out for a genuine winger all season so we let Max Gradel go out on loan. He has scored 10 times now - more than any of our strikers have.

WHere else do you think it has gone wrong?

Josh Low was one of the best players in League One yet was utterly appalling here and left after a matter of months. Who's to say Gradel will be any better?

Josh Low was one of the best players in League One yet was utterly appalling here and left after a matter of months. Who's to say Gradel will be any better?

How will we know one way or the other if we DON'T play him. Look on any football website about Max Gradel and it is not just Bournemouth fans raving about him. Could he be any worse than Newton, Kaebi etc?? I dont think so.

How will we know one way or the other if we DON'T play him. Look on any football website about Max Gradel and it is not just Bournemouth fans raving about him. Could he be any worse than Newton, Kaebi etc?? I dont think so.

If everytime we send out a player on a loan and he looks good we recall him to the team we will soon find that we can't loan players out to develop them. The loan system is a great way to give players a taste of 1st team football but you have to respect the teams you are loaning to.

Gradel will get his chance.

Very easy. MM had the choice between Martin Allen or Paul Ince. He got it wrong.

If he had got Incey, we would be in the top 6 now and more than likely in the top 2.

Gradel will get his chance.

I hope you are right. What concerns me is the round pegs, round holes scenario and Holloway still wouldn't recall the guy. Youth is the best way forward for the club IMO. The palyers can only get experience at this level by playing.

Very easy. MM had the choice between Martin Allen or Paul Ince. He got it wrong.

To be fair to MM, I bet 90% of the forum at that time would have preferred MA to PI, I know I did.

The problem was MM's relationship with MA, regardless of who did what.

To be fair to MM, I bet 90% of the forum at that time would have preferred MA to PI, I know I did.

The problem was MM's relationship with MA, regardless of who did what.

The problem was Allen, not Milans and Allens relationship.

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing. But when you think back to the blackpool game where we had (i think) 4 of the 14 new players in the first team. It was obvious we'd signed a load of rubbish!

The problem was Allen, not Milans and Allens relationship.

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing. But when you think back to the blackpool game where we had (i think) 4 of the 14 new players in the first team. It was obvious we'd signed a load of rubbish!

The problem is we will never know what MA would have done if he would have continued. My personal opinion is that we would have probably been dead and buried by now but each manager has their own preferred playing style. In MA's case this would have been to have 6 players at right back!! :icon_bigg

Any sane person wouldn't credit any one reason for the results this season but would probably think that it was a combination of everyone and everything connected to the club, perhaps weighting more of the blame to the players, the manager and/or the chairman as they have the most influence on the club.

I, however, blame the pitch. Too slippy.

he's a completely different player though, low was over 6ft so i dont think he ever acctually kicked a ball, he wasnt a fast or tricky winger that to be fair to him, could probably cross a ball when he had to, we just never got to see it. gradel is the complete opposite of a winger.

it would be like comparing the styles of guppy ahnd ronaldo!:)

You could change the question to where has it gone wrong for the past 4 or 5 seasons - and I still wouldn't know the answer.

A more pointed question could be 'Will things get any better next season?" I wouldn't know the answer to that either - but I'm not particularly hopeful.

Too much change.
Three managers in a season is too many. Let us (PLEASE!!!) for the sake of peace, assume that Milan had good reason for dismissing MA2, and Megson walked, so probably nobody's fault.

On the playing front, goodness knows what happened in the summer. Players were brought in because - well, they were available. Both Megson and Holloway have been desperately trying to sort out that mess. I just hope that lessons have been learned because, I really do not believe that Allen was entirely responsible and we do not need a repeat this year.

Where does everybody think that this season has gone wrong? This is my take:

Managers:

Martin Allen - Out of his depth & out of his mind.
Gary Megson - A user and a dull man who liked to play an 8-1-1 formation who thankfully left before there were any fan casualties at the Walkers from being bored to death!!
Ian Holloway - Talks a great game. Little to show so far to back it up. Questionable tactical decisions e.g. 5 strikers on at any one time. If it has wored he says "Look at me aren't I great!! Play Offs not out of our reach." When we lose of course it is always the refs fault!!

Players:

We have made some bad decisions in the market culminating in having to pay off several of the useless ****ers at Christmas. Also we paid about £2m for DJ Campbell and decided not to sign Kevin Lisbie who was on trial for nothing. Lisbie has gone on to score 17 times so far this season. We also let Hendrie go to Sheff Utd and we have all seen the influence he can have at this level since he came on loan. Poor decisions in the market have cost us dearly. We have also been crying out for a genuine winger all season so we let Max Gradel go out on loan. He has scored 10 times now - more than any of our strikers have.

WHere else do you think it has gone wrong?

You name all three of our appointed managers and our signing policy as the problems with this season. The common denominator is Milan Mandaric.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669