Where It Has Gone Wrong This Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

manhead666

Where does everybody think that this season has gone wrong? This is my take:

Managers:

Martin Allen - Out of his depth & out of his mind.
Gary Megson - A user and a dull man who liked to play an 8-1-1 formation who thankfully left before there were any fan casualties at the Walkers from being bored to death!!
Ian Holloway - Talks a great game. Little to show so far to back it up. Questionable tactical decisions e.g. 5 strikers on at any one time. If it has wored he says "Look at me aren't I great!! Play Offs not out of our reach." When we lose of course it is always the refs fault!!

Players:

We have made some bad decisions in the market culminating in having to pay off several of the useless ****ers at Christmas. Also we paid about £2m for DJ Campbell and decided not to sign Kevin Lisbie who was on trial for nothing. Lisbie has gone on to score 17 times so far this season. We also let Hendrie go to Sheff Utd and we have all seen the influence he can have at this level since he came on loan. Poor decisions in the market have cost us dearly. We have also been crying out for a genuine winger all season so we let Max Gradel go out on loan. He has scored 10 times now - more than any of our strikers have.

WHere else do you think it has gone wrong?

I hear what your saying but i disagree with one or two of your points yes IH has got be questioned regarding some of his tactics but cummon where he has said the refs at fault on some of the occasions i agree we have had some shockers down at the walkers every week it seems we are having to play against bad decisions from dodgy refs and their assistants and as for Max Gradel he is surely one for the future and he his doing well in the lower regions where it will be easier to learn his trade rather than the championship. :102:

I hear what your saying but i disagree with one or two of your points yes IH has got be questioned regarding some of his tactics but cummon where he has said the refs at fault on some of the occasions i agree we have had some shockers down at the walkers every week it seems we are having to play against bad decisions from dodgy refs and their assistants and as for Max Gradel he is surely one for the future and he his doing well in the lower regions where it will be easier to learn his trade rather than the championship. :102:

If you have not heard his poor excuses then perhaps you should listen to his post match interviews on Leicester City World. Would be funny if we weren't doing so badly. I think when you have heard them you will realise that he is never at fault for the loss. He even blamed the ref for the loss at Watford saying that if he hadn't of sent off the Watford player it would have been easier for us to win!! Make of that what you will.

Macky

Gruntled Member
It is the jinx of topps tiles. I knew it when they revealed the new sponsor and it looked shocking....

What jinx???
They're a hugely successful company, listed on the stock exchange.
If anything, their success should've rubbed off on the team.

beaumontfox

Amazing how recollections of past events change over time.

MA readily admitted to anyone after his departure that he had personally only signed 4 players that joined us in the summer. There was much speculation about which 4 they were, but common agreement had it as Hayes, Campbell, Clemence and 'a n other'.

MA was also responsible for the loan signings of Clarke and Fulop. The latter proving to be the best addition this season imo. MA's major known fault was his lack of control over the recruitment in the summer.

Who was responsible for the other 10 or so recruited will forever be a mystery I guess. MM reckons he signed only one - N'Gotty.

We had a short lived DoF Don Mackay, who appears to be responsible for the rest by a simple process of elimination. This has to be ultimately the fault of MM as he appointed him and gave him such powers. This DofF was also responsible for the vast majority of the payments to Agents.

Aside from the players, I wish criminal charges could be brought against MM and DM for their part in our demise. If we go down, a public hanging may be the only thing to temper my feelings towards these thieving charlatans.

In comparison, the likes of MA, GM and IH are Knights in shining armour.

A voice of sense and reason.
What on earth are you doing hanging around this forum?:icon_roll

Fox in Sox

It is the jinx of topps tiles. I knew it when they revealed the new sponsor and it looked shocking....

No its the first game jinx.

The first game at Leicester City indicates the result of the whole season.

Home or away win = possible promotion Eg Watford 2:0 in 2002/3

Draw = a season going nowhere Eg vs West Ham in 2003/4

Home Defeat = Relegation zone misery Eg vs Blackpool in 2007/8

The Fox in Sox made this prediction last summer.

Why is this?

Well the first game does show how fit and prepared the team is, it also allows an early season run that establishes a winning ethos. A team of newcomers who have not gelled will struggle to do so when at the bottom of the table.

Incidentally Barnsley, Sheffield Wednesday and Southampton all lost 4:1 in their opening matches.

Interestingly both Scunthorpe and Colchester drew on their opening matches, Hull, WBA and Wolves all also lost their opening matches, so not all teams are affected by this curse, just LCFC.

Disco Bob

Aside from the players, I wish criminal charges could be brought against MM and DM for their part in our demise. If we go down, a public hanging may be the only thing to temper my feelings towards these thieving charlatans.
Thieving? I wouldn't know, but I am happy to go along with accusations of ineptitude.

Fox Fan

IH won't be here for the start of next season. I'm sure of it.

There are people whispering in Milan's ear that we don't know about. They don't appear in the match day program or feature on Leicester City world. We don't know these people exist unless you stumble upon them.

These are the people who are really pulling the strings, making the signings and 'advising' Milan on what he should do.

I can't help but to think that this is infact where it has gone wrong this season. That Milan has listened to these people too much, allowed them to be too involved and weather they are acting for personal gain or for other reasons they do not seem to be acting in the best interests of the club (although I'm not suggesting this is intentional, just as a result of their activity).

Meanwhile we need to remember that this season is no where near over, and were not yet safe.

Disco Bob

There are people whispering in Milan's ear that we don't know about. They don't appear in the match day program or feature on Leicester City world. We don't know these people exist unless you stumble upon them.
This has to be the crappest conspiracy theory I've heard in a while.

spionfox

What jinx???
They're a hugely successful company, listed on the stock exchange.
If anything, their success should've rubbed off on the team.

LG were successful too but once we got that disabled logo of theirs on our shirts we flaked out yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669