Where our players live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasnt it Brian Little who demanded that his squad players moved more locally to the club, within 25 miles i think. apparently it kept the players more focused during training and improved their output during matches. the proof of whether it worked or not are surely down to the results attained.. prior to B.L coming we were almost religated to division 3, in his 1st season we narrowly missed automatic promotion and lost in the play off to a dodgy david speedie dive.......and how much money did he spend to turn the results and team around.

Robbie Neilson moved to our village. His performance in the Dad's egg and spoon race at the school sports is the stuff of legend.

Why on Earth would you think that? What possible effect could their postal address have on their pashun while playing?

I can kind of see where LOZHOGAN is coming from, if they lived in Leicester they would be commited to the cause a little bit more, more togetherness, get to know each other better, do things together outside of football as appose to drive for 2 or 3 hours to do some training then drive back, but on the other side of the coin is thats where there family live.

if they lived in Leicester they would be commited to the cause a little bit more, more togetherness, get to know each other better, do things together outside of football

Ah right, I see, so they should all be billeted into a communal barrack room. A big one mind, none of your small barrack rooms for the lads. Yes, it's a fantastic idea. Nothing makes you more pashunate than shitting and sleeping with twenty other blokes. They could set up a little caravan next to it so that they can get their conjugals.

I'm not sure about this. These guys are supposed to be professionals. If you need to live in a specific location to be motivated to play well then there is probably something very wrong. Live where you want to, but have pride in what you do.

I seem to have v cash. I can't help but feel that if I had more it would motivate me to post more. If that doesn't work I could always move to Leicester.

Wasnt it Brian Little who demanded that his squad players moved more locally to the club, within 25 miles i think. apparently it kept the players more focused during training and improved their output during matches. the proof of whether it worked or not are surely down to the results attained.. prior to B.L coming we were almost religated to division 3, in his 1st season we narrowly missed automatic promotion and lost in the play off to a dodgy david speedie dive.......and how much money did he spend to turn the results and team around.

Didn't Craig Levein insist on it too? Was a condition in players' contracts.

And we got Robbie Neilson, Gareth Williams and Stephen Hughes here with that approach.

I would say as long as there doing the travelling on the day of a match and turn up to training on time, live where you want.

Personally I don't like commuting so I'd move to the flats opposite the stadium. I've seen Stearman coming out of those flats a few times when wolves had the late kick off.

Didn't Craig Levein insist on it too? Was a condition in players' contracts.

And we got Robbie Neilson, Gareth Williams and Stephen Hughes here with that approach.

I thought Williams was.a.decent player just he had shit round him.

I thought Williams was.a.decent player just he had shit round him.

I've said this to my mates a few times. He came from a Forest team that played pretty good football and at times it looked like he'd ping a ball round the corner and go for the return, only for it not to arrive. I thought he was a bad fit in our team of that time.

I've said this to my mates a few times. He came from a Forest team that played pretty good football and at times it looked like he'd ping a ball round the corner and go for the return, only for it not to arrive. I thought he was a bad fit in our team of that time.

And injured for most of his time.

So everyone, not just footballers, should stop commuting and find a place to work near to where they live? Or move to where they work?

So everyone, not just footballers, should stop commuting and find a place to work near to where they live? Or move to where they work?

Dormitories at every workplace, it's the only logical step for society to take. I imagine that LOZHOGAN is writing a stern and erudite letter about the matter to his MP at this very moment.

btw, is LOZHOGAN a Chinese name? I know that ZHOLOGAN is Chinese for 'Joe Rogan', so I was just wondering.

Making players move their family away from school/friends they currently have to a new place or making the player live away from his family so they are close to the ground is bound to get them passionate about the club.

I think it should be implemented straight away. Obviously we need to wait for Pearson to get sacked after the next 5 games, Beckford to move to Huddersfield and Joey to finally come round that corner, but after that I think it should definitely be introduced.

Making players move their family away from school/friends they currently have to a new place or making the player live away from his family so they are close to the ground is bound to get them passionate about the club.

I think it should be implemented straight away. Obviously we need to wait for Pearson to get sacked after the next 5 games, Beckford to move to Huddersfield and Joey to finally come round that corner, but after that I think it should definitely be introduced.

Makes you wonder how it was ever introduced in any of the previous regimes at the club.

Although it used to be the norm so it obviously does work. I can see pros and cons of both ways of doing things to be honest.

I cannot imagine driving for 4 hours every day is exactly productive for a athlete.

I am aware that this reads terribly.

I don't care too much.

Have a nice afternoon everyone.

Last edited:
Makes you wonder how it was ever introduced in any of the previous regimes at the club.

Although it used to be the norm so it obviously does work. I can see pros and cons of both ways of doing things to be honest.

I cannot imagine driving for 4 hours every day is exactly productive for a athlete.

I am aware that this reads terribly.

I don't care too much.

Have a nice afternoon everyone.

It used to work because players used to spend 10+ years at a team. With the turnaround in managers and owners, as well as demand for success, players are lucky to see out their contracts before moving on.

It used to work because players used to spend 10+ years at a team. With the turnaround in managers and owners, as well as demand for success, players are lucky to see out their contracts before moving on.

Exactly, why move if you may fall out of favour and be loaned/sold anywhere, players have family that won't want to move every season or so. Frank Sinclair used to commute from London when he was on a driving ban and paid an ex-Chelsea trainee to be his driver, if driving was causing any player a problem he could do the same.

Never mind living in Leicestershire or a 25 miles radius - what's wrong with those nice little terraced houses in Filbert Street?

A pointless and boring fact for you... Leicester City used to own my house back in the 1950's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566