Where To From Here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ausfoxman

With all due respect to IH and the need to give him a chance and keep some stability at the club, we really do not seem to be making any progess at all. If the same results continue relegation seems a real possibility. We have now lost 4 out of the last 5 games and this week it is the ref's fault again.
You make your own luck in football, play better and we would not be so badly effected by such decisions. It is hard to see MM not taking some action very soon if IH does not display more consistancy in results. From all the interviews that I have seen he does not display much confidence or self belief and the players would find it difficult to read where he is at with the way results are going. Not sure if any other Manager would improve matters at this stage of the season though, the revolving door syndrome at Leicester may come home to bite the club this time, when we probably have very good reason to call time on IH tenure as Manager.:014:

With all due respect to IH and the need to give him a chance and keep some stability at the club, we really do not seem to be making any progess at all. If the same results continue relegation seems a real possibility. We have now lost 4 out of the last 5 games and this week it is the ref's fault again.
You make your own luck in football, play better and we would not be so badly effected by such decisions. It is hard to see MM not taking some action very soon if IH does not display more consistancy in results. From all the interviews that I have seen he does not display much confidence or self belief and the players would find it difficult to read where he is at with the way results are going. Not sure if any other Manager would improve matters at this stage of the season though, the revolving door syndrome at Leicester may come home to bite the club this time, when we probably have very good reason to call time on IH tenure as Manager.:014:

I find that the most disappointing thing is that Coventry - who I have always seen as a slightly smaller club than us - finish up with Chris Coleman as manager - whilst we have Holloway who is not taken that seriously in the game.

call time on his tenure...u r joking rite...the clubs in shit state and has been 4 years gona take mor than a transfer window to put this rite..and the next and the one after that...

Funny you mentioned Chris Coleman I almost made that comparison but we just do not seem to be able to attract the better prospects to Leicester.

As for the comment regarding removing IH, I really cannot see it getting any worse, but MM seems to have no idea about recruitment his managerial choices have been bizarre to say the least so another change would probably end up with Dowie and his record is no better that IH.

Funny you mentioned Chris Coleman I almost made that comparison but we just do not seem to be able to attract the better prospects to Leicester.

As for the comment regarding removing IH, I really cannot see it getting any worse, but MM seems to have no idea about recruitment his managerial choices have been bizarre to say the least so another change would probably end up with Dowie and his record is no better that IH.

All that.

MM has been an overall postive for Leicester....but a major downside is that he appears to find it almost impossible to bring in a quality manager to work with him. As has been said many times the exception is Harry Rednapp - but exceptions do tend to prove the rule.

What a load of rubbish :098:. No manager can be said to be proven bad, good or indifferent after a few months. In reality our preseason started the second week of January, unfortunately for IH this has happened right in middle of another bad season. Let's face facts, we've been poor for several years and there is no known quick cure for a sh|t squad apart from start again. This time next season be the judge, this season be patient.:018:

I just come on this forum and laugh sometimes. We win and we are going to win the league and then we lose and people question everything.

Get a ****ing grip will you please and debate something a tad more tangeable.

I just come on this forum and laugh sometimes. We win and we are going to win the league and then we lose and people question everything.

Get a ****ing grip will you please and debate something a tad more tangeable.

Something like, why have nearly all Leicester City players over the last four years consistently underperformed? Is it systemic? Is it the Managers, the Players, the Owners? :102:

Something like, why have nearly all Leicester City players over the last four years consistently underperformed? Is it systemic? Is it the Managers, the Players, the Owners? :102:

I'd vote for all four. Not that I have anything tangible to back it up, just a 'gut-feel' :icon_wink

The training ground was built on an ancient Indian burial ground

It won't be long now at this rate until we get into the Kelly/Worthington situation like last year possibly. Whilst Ollie did inherit problems, he's also been allowed to bring some of his own players in. He talks a good game and is very media friendly and easy to like BUT, is he a good manager? If you look at somebody like Warnock (love him or hate him) he also inherited a club in dire straights but after just a couple of matches took them on a 15 game or so unbeaten run. Also, many of the clubs above us have had nothing in the way of the financial support that Ollie has had since he got here. At this moment in time, my only reason for not getting rid of Ollie at this point would be that there's no-one better available! As for Ince, why would he want to come to this debacle when he's with a club who look well capable of promotion thereby adding to his already growing impressive CV.

Cheers.

He talks a good game and is very media friendly and easy to like BUT, is he a good manager?
Been asking myself that since his arrival here. I've also asked on this forum lots of times, but nobody has ever been able to satisfy my curiosity. Typical answers are "give him time", "of course he's a good Manager", and "stop being so negative".

Due to the lack of satisfactory answers, I'm beginning to draw my own conclusion.

Been asking myself that since his arrival here. I've also asked on this forum lots of times, but nobody has ever been able to satisfy my curiosity. Typical answers are "give him time", "of course he's a good Manager", and "stop being so negative".

Due to the lack of satisfactory answers, I'm beginning to draw my own conclusion.

You forgot the ''Look what he did at Plymouth''.

My conclusions are already drawn.:icon_conf

He talks the talk ,shame he can not do it with the players ,IMO he will be gone by the end of the season .

i gave him time ,watched the players he has brought in and the ones he's moved on (which where going anyway) .

And from that i do not think he is the right man for leicester city football club ,i hope he proves me wrong but dont think he will ,antheir manager out of his level ,we need a hard task master to get the players playing right ,untill we get that type of manager we will be doing the same thing we have over the past 4 yrs FACT

Whilst Ollie did inherit problems, he's also been allowed to bring some of his own players in. He talks a good game and is very media friendly and easy to like BUT, is he a good manager? If you look at somebody like Warnock (love him or hate him) he also inherited a club in dire straights but after just a couple of matches took them on a 15 game or so unbeaten run. Also, many of the clubs above us have had nothing in the way of the financial support that Ollie has had since he got here. At this moment in time, my only reason for not getting rid of Ollie at this point would be that there's no-one better available!
My fear about Ollie is that he could just be a quirky, likeable, lower division manager. I wouldn't be surprised if that is more or less the way he saw his image - and when interviewed after his appointment, he seemed particularly excited that an appointment to a 'bigger' club might change things for him.

As you say, we have to stick (or are stuck) with him because it's difficult to see anyone betterbeing recruitable by Milan at the moment and also because, to be fair, he hasn't yet had a reasonable chance. However, the fact that Chris Coleman was willing to sign up for Coventry but apparently didn't fancy the Leicester job tells us something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670