Where To From Here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFS another change the manager thread, last week we hammered Norwich, this week we lose at Cov, par for the course in my eyes of a side lacking consistency and in desperate need of stability and some long term plans to be put in place.

At present the club is weighed down with negativity and a lack of character and fight, the same problems that have been identified for the past 3 or 4 seasons, are we really that naive to believe that would be turned around in a matter of weeks.

After the shambolic managerial farce that we have witnessed over the past 12 or so months do we really believe this has helped to stabilise the club and provide the much needed direction required to deliver positivity, no it hasn't and yet we sit here now discussing whether we should dismiss yet another manager in the vain hope that manager number SIX will come in and turn the sorry mess around.

I think we were/are a club in chaos due to the amount of change over the past half-decade, almost leading us to a second bought of administration.

IH made a few changes in January, which I firmly believe has helped our club. I see the players wanting to play better and all I hear coming out of the club is how popular IH is. We just have to stick by this.

I wonder if 'Cookie' Coleman hadn't been appointed until today whether we would have had the same result at the Ricoh?

FFS another change the manager thread, last week we hammered Norwich, this week we lose at Cov, par for the course in my eyes of a side lacking consistency and in desperate need of stability and some long term plans to be put in place.

IMO, we are now one dimentional, with players played out of position. Teams play differently at home to how they play away from home, yet Holloway has one tactic and expects that to work. We will never be winning consistently until we have a manager that knows how to implement different tactics. If that is to be Holloway, he needs to learn very quickly that what might work at one club may not work at another.

At present the club is weighed down with negativity and a lack of character and fight, the same problems that have been identified for the past 3 or 4 seasons, are we really that naive to believe that would be turned around in a matter of weeks.

Why can this be done at other clubs and not ours ?

After the shambolic managerial farce that we have witnessed over the past 12 or so months do we really believe this has helped to stabilise the club and provide the much needed direction required to deliver positivity, no it hasn't and yet we sit here now discussing whether we should dismiss yet another manager in the vain hope that manager number SIX will come in and turn the sorry mess around.

Megson was manager No4 and it looked like he was turning the club around, so maybe No5 isn't quite up to the job, but No6 maybe !

As for the players we've got, they've got the ability to progress in this league, but only if played in the right formation, in their strongest positions. Ffs, it's not rocket science.

As for the players we've got, they've got the ability to progress in this league, but only if played in the right formation, in their strongest positions. Ffs, it's not rocket science.

If it is so simple, may I ask two questions?
a). Why have so many managers failed at this, and other clubs?
b). Why are you not managing a top football club?

Surely, if one thing is certain in football, it is that it is much easier to manage from the armchair than the manager's office.

Now, if you were to suggest that it were done my way, then, of course, we would be top of the league. I know that we would have won this league already if we had........

If it is so simple, may I ask two questions?
a). Why have so many managers failed at this, and other clubs?
b). Why are you not managing a top football club?

Surely, if one thing is certain in football, it is that it is much easier to manage from the armchair than the manager's office.

Now, if you were to suggest that it were done my way, then, of course, we would be top of the league. I know that we would have won this league already if we had........

Ramos at Spurs ... they were in the relegation places when he took over.
Warnock at Palace ...
Roeder at Norwich...
When you look at the players that have come and gone at our club compared to these others, Holloway should be pushing us up the league and not have such a poor record.

Over the years many managers have taken over at clubs and boosted them, Holloway hasn't done this at for us. Kelly did it for us and so have others in the past, why hasn't Holloway ? At QPR he got relegated, ok QPR were in a bad position when he took over, but every manager can normally have pretty much an instant effect. Holloway only seems able to work with certain players, his man management skills seem to be lacking and also his motivational skills. As for his tactical brain, it seems to be non existent.

If I'd had the money when I was younger, I would have taken my coaching badges, but even then, unless you're an ex-footballer it's very difficult to get a managerial job in football .... but I'm like everybody, I'd love to be given the chance. I agree it's easier to do it from the arm chair, but surely the majority of us can see that Holloways tactics aren't working, so why can't he ?

There are plenty of unemployed managers out there so my vote goes to appointing managers on a 1 game rolling basis, if we win they get another game if we lose they get the bullet and we appoint the next on the list, we could put the name of every qualified manager in a hat and have a draw to setup the order of selection. We could have a text in vote for the managers fate if we draw a game.

Might as well have some fun if we are going to be laughed at!

Who has any confidence that differant tactics or team selections will be made next week at Cardiff? from IH short history at Leicester 'not a chance' I'm all for stability and giving IH a fair go but his results and progress are poor.
GM had more idea. As I have said before his style is very similar to CL, what was CL favourite, 'we had more shots on target but could not score' now it seems to be the 'ref' 'they were down to 10 men' 'don't judge me until I have brought in my players' well wake up IH you have brought in quite a few new players who looked good on paper , but we are still loosing far too regularly. Too late if we go down to Division 1, though IH may cope with that league.
:tumbleweed:

Ramos at Spurs ... they were in the relegation places when he took over.
Warnock at Palace ...
Roeder at Norwich...
When you look at the players that have come and gone at our club compared to these others, Holloway should be pushing us up the league and not have such a poor record.

None of the clubs that you mention have been in decline for as long as we have and, whilst I concede that, even the egos of so many LCFC fans have not suggested Ramos for City; both Warnock and Roeder were decried as below the required level for Leicester.
I do not suggest that Holloway is one of the great managers, but the problems at Leicester are far greater than will be solved by any quick fix managerial change. I do believe that the policy of 'one out one in', is something from which we would have benefited during previous reigns, and whilst we are still far from the finished article, the squad building is going in the right direction.

Yawn yawn yawn.....

The only manager who I think deserves any extended praise this season (within your list Trifull) is Roeder.

Perhaps we could get MA back?

Can somebody tell me what IH has done since he came here.

The problem is, hes very like able to some in the media and fans alike. Hes funny, witty and has a quirky persona.

He needs to decide if hes a stand up comic or a bonafide football manager.

I find his Witt, jokes and persona annoying.

Start concentrating on your proper job Ollie. Or Milan, like some on here will start seeing through your facade.

Forget whats happened in the past, and calls for stability. If this man cant do his job, he must go. My patience has nearly ran out.

Can somebody tell me what IH has done since he came here.

He has started to sort out the imbalance of the squad. He has moved on many of the players that have hung around, in some cases, for years without any hope of getting into the first team.
He may lead us to the Premiership, he may need to be replaced, that is for the future. Rightly, or wrongly, he is our manager and deserves a proper chance to turn the club around.
I admit to liking Holloway's friendly style, but would refute any suggestion that this is the reason that I am backing him: Gary Megson was the antithesis of the style of manager that I like to see at the club but, if he had not walked, I would be saying the same thing about (I suspect) a team in a very similar, if not worse, position.

On lighter note....

I shall be seeing Les Nemes (of Haircut 100) later - I am in a band with him down here in sunny Spain. I am sure he will find it amusing that Love Plus One has been quoted on here.

Back to the thread.

Loved his guitar in that video...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673