Where To From Here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do we?

Is there some evidence that the current manager is achieving some tangible progress like winning football matches?

Surely, the home form is greatly improved. The away form has fallen away due to the lack of 7 - 8 defenders in the team - not a tactic which I remember many of us applauding.
I don't get to see us very often, and I would be the last to pretend that everything is wonderful, but there are signs. I honestly believe that, if we had been able to add another winger; one ready for the first team, we would have done pretty well: then, of course, we would have had numerous threads debating next season in the Premiership.

Its a very small part of all of the above but mostly because we need to build and that wont come without pain. This is the pain, it wont go away only with time and stability. Everytime we change manager we just reset the clock.

I'd agree with that in principle - I just hope that Holloway has a bit more to him than making absurd remarks. I acknowledge that he has tried to bring in players to fill very obvious gaps - we shall see if he can kick things on from there at the start of next seaqson.

Preston winning 1-0, we're still 20th but on the same points as Preston who are currently 21st

Last edited:
I'd agree with that in principle - I just hope that Holloway has a bit more to him than making absurd remarks. I acknowledge that he has tried to bring in players to fill very obvious gaps - we shall see if he can kick things on from there at the start of next seaqson.

Thats the big question, obviously we need to see progress. However, to me, talk of another change noe is nothing short of ludicrous.

Just to throw in a rumour ... it is being said that Steve Howard has been complaining about Holloways tactics, not playing with proper wingers and using strikers on the wing. Maybe a bit of dressing room unrest.
That is coming from a DCFC player who still communicates with Howard.

As for ideas as to who may take over from Holloway IF he goes, MM seems to have a very big liking for Tags ! Just a thought.

Just to throw in a rumour ... it is being said that Steve Howard has been complaining about Holloways tactics, not playing with proper wingers and using strikers on the wing. Maybe a bit of dressing room unrest.

I'd guess that is true and I also wage that Oakley feels pretty much the same. The guys a pale shadow himself early in the season whether at Derby or here.

As for ideas as to who may take over from Holloway IF he goes, MM seems to have a very big liking for Tags ! Just a thought.

Wouldnt surprise me one bit, Howards a good pro and hes scored goals wherever hes been. He wont want to go down 2 divs in one season. I said earlier in another thread that it wouldnt surprise me if IH hasnt lost the dressing room.:102:

Anyway, Robbie Savage hates it at Derby and is looking how to leave in the summer....

Imo we definately need to get some new faces in. Liam Millar has been told he can leave Sunderland although out for a few weeks with a calf injury would be a good signing Ireland international could do well here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669