Where To From Here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A rant, a load of bollux call it what you will. The bottom line is the man is defeated and is deflated in his comments.

I truly believe this job is way over his head.

An approved press release of a man not willing to slate and further demoralise his players in a public arena?

Is that not what Megson was critised for doing when he got here?I remember some were furious he slated the players, saying it would not improve their confidence at all. Yet when Holloway does the oposite he is in over his head?

An approved press release of a man not willing to slate and further demoralise his players in a public arena?

Is that not what Megson was critised for doing when he got here?I remember some were furious he slated the players, saying it would not improve their confidence at all. Yet when Holloway does the oposite he is in over his head?

Then maybe he should have left any comments about players out of the interview. And maybe mentioned the long suffering fans instead.

We must stay positive - Holloway

Ian Holloway says his side's luck must turn soon (Getty Images)
Leicester City boss Ian Holloway has urged his players to keep the faith in the wake of the 2-0 loss at Coventry.
"I felt for the boys," Holloway told BBC Radio Leicester. "We did everything but score but these boys have to believe in themselves more.

"If they weren't trying I'd have a go at them but we are where we are and the table doesn't lie.

"I think we're better than it's going for us at the minute and the boys have to realise that."

This is the rant of a man that doesent know what hes doing.

I think its allready been posted about the similarities to Rob Kelly.

A year ago we were a team lacking in mental strength, 12 months on we are in the same boat and that problem still hasn't been addressed.

We are still the same team that goes a goal behind and stops defending from the front, the same team who's strikers stop making attempts to get away from their markers and finishes second to every ball.

Luck has little to do with where we are, whilst the players believe it does they will never play for the full 90mins when we go behind.

You know, whatever anyone says, there's a good case for getting rid of Holloway. Just because there wasn't a good case for getting rid of Worthington, Allen and Megson doesn't mean we have to shut our eyes to what is clearly a man out of his depth. And just because Milan seems to be on a one man mission to destroy us doesn't mean he wouldn't be right this time.

Yeah I'd give him a game or two more but the net is tightening, just look at a few simple truths.

1 - Holloway has been relegated from this division before, but never promoted from it. The only club sad to see him go was Argyle.

2 - With the biggest transfer budget we've had in 8 years, we find ourselves battling to steer clear from league 1 for only the 6th time in our history.

3 - Managers, good or bad, are available who have won promotion from this league and proved themselves capable of a quick impact at a club - Dowie, Davies, Royle for instance.

4 - Holloway has spent more money in 4 months than Kelly and Levein did in 2 and a half years.

5 - Form under Holloway has been relegation form, before and after the transfer window.

6 - The Leicester squad, on paper, is worthy of at least a play-off finish. Four players in the side won promotion last year, one of them as Derby's top scorer, another as their captain, another as Birmingham's player of the year and another was signed for 2.5million. We also have three England under-21s and three other internationals (including our own top scorer and player of the year from last season) in our regular line-up.

Considering the resources he's been given - regardless of Mandy's erratic management of the club - and the quality he has at hand, not to mention the severity of the consequences we're facing, Holloway is at risk of becoming the biggest disaster in our history. Instability is damaging, yes, but not nearly as damaging as ineptitude.

A year ago we were a team lacking in mental strength, 12 months on we are in the same boat and that problem still hasn't been addressed.

We are still the same team that goes a goal behind and stops defending from the front, the same team who's strikers stop making attempts to get away from their markers and finishes second to every ball.

Luck has little to do with where we are, whilst the players believe it does they will never play for the full 90mins when we go behind.

The amount of times IH has used the word 'luck' to bail out a bad performance is becoming obscene.

Milan should put a gag on his press releases. And put a ban on his annoying columns for the BBC.

He is out of his depth, and it wouldnt surprise me that he has lost the dressing room.

I reckon if we change the manager yet again, it will be certain relegation.

I've been with Holloway all the way so far, and want to see him guide us back in the right direction. Its only over the last 2 or 3 games that the first real doubts have started to creep in. The excuses have started to cover up for his failings.
Firstly was the stupid comment about how Watford gained an advantage by going down to 10 men. He says that it invigorated both their players and the their fans, and was a large factor in us losing the game. Thats bollox, if playing with 10 men was an advantage then why not go and get one of our own players sent off to even it up.
This week its the dodgy penalty. Thats football, and as Holloway said in a previous game ' we have got to stop feeling sorry for ourselves' when things go wrong. So why the bleating this week Ollie:102:. The mark of a good side is its ability to fight back when the chips are down. Well how many times as that happened this season? As soon as we are behind its heads down and game over. Not good enough Ollie, but then again it was you that said we should stop feeling sorry for ourselves. Stop the excuses and walk the walk

RK when he took over form CL? :102:

I've been with Holloway all the way so far, and want to see him guide us back in the right direction. Its only over the last 2 or 3 games that the first real doubts have started to creep in. The excuses have started to cover up for his failings.
Firstly was the stupid comment about how Watford gained an advantage by going down to 10 men. He says that it invigorated both their players and the their fans, and was a large factor in us losing the game. Thats bollox, if playing with 10 men was an advantage then why not go and get one of our own players sent off to even it up.
This week its the dodgy penalty. Thats football, and as Holloway said in a previous game ' we have got to stop feeling sorry for ourselves' when things go wrong. So why the bleating this week Ollie:102:. The mark of a good side is its ability to fight back when the chips are down. Well how many times as that happened this season? As soon as we are behind its heads down and game over. Not good enough Ollie, but then again it was you that said we should stop feeling sorry for ourselves. Stop the excuses and walk the walk

Spot On :038:

You know, whatever anyone says, there's a good case for getting rid of Holloway. Just because there wasn't a good case for getting rid of Worthington, Allen and Megson doesn't mean we have to shut our eyes to what is clearly a man out of his depth. And just because Milan seems to be on a one man mission to destroy us doesn't mean he wouldn't be right this time.

Yeah I'd give him a game or two more but the net is tightening, just look at a few simple truths.

1 - Holloway has been relegated from this division before, but never promoted from it. The only club sad to see him go was Argyle.

2 - With the biggest transfer budget we've had in 8 years, we find ourselves battling to steer clear from league 1 for only the 6th time in our history.

3 - Managers, good or bad, are available who have won promotion from this league and proved themselves capable of a quick impact at a club - Dowie, Davies, Royle for instance.

4 - Holloway has spent more money in 4 months than Kelly and Levein did in 2 and a half years.

5 - Form under Holloway has been relegation form, before and after the transfer window.

6 - The Leicester squad, on paper, is worthy of at least a play-off finish. Four players in the side won promotion last year, one of them as Derby's top scorer, another as their captain, another as Birmingham's player of the year and another was signed for 2.5million. We also have three England under-21s and three other internationals (including our own top scorer and player of the year from last season) in our regular line-up.

Considering the resources he's been given - regardless of Mandy's erratic management of the club - and the quality he has at hand, not to mention the severity of the consequences we're facing, Holloway is at risk of becoming the biggest disaster in our history. Instability is damaging, yes, but not nearly as damaging as ineptitude.

When you look at how few more points we have than Colchester and Scunthorpe and how far we behind the Hulls and the Plymouths, you just know that things are seriously wrong.

Megson, who I don't have much time for, was starting to get them sorted defensively. Holloway comes in - spends quite serious money - and produces relegation results and the team is a soft touch with opponents aware that just one goal and they are in the box seats.

There isn't much prospect of changing things round this season so we might as well just play it out - but a couple of early poor results in August/ early September is going to convince the current Holloway faithfuls that he is a lost cause, this will start unstopable pressure for change before yet another season is wasted and poor old Milan will be starting his searches all over again.

The amount of times IH has used the word 'luck' to bail out a bad performance is becoming obscene.

Milan should put a gag on his press releases. And put a ban on his annoying columns for the BBC.

He is out of his depth, and it wouldnt surprise me that he has lost the dressing room.

I can see that he is trying to take some pressure off the players and trying to get them to play with some confidence, but some of these players don't seem to be the type to make their own luck do they? Most seem to be the type who will rely on their teamates when the going gets tough or be quite happy to cop out on the luck excuse.
That is the thing I find most disturbing about our away performances, players stop wanting the ball and even stop trying to win it. I remember Brian Clough once saying that you should never rely on your teamates because they will more often than not cock it up. (Obviously not a direct quote!)

When you look at how few more points we have than Colchester and Scunthorpe and how far we behind the Hulls and the Plymouths, you just know that things are seriously wrong.

Megson, who I don't have much time for, was starting to get them sorted defensively. Holloway comes in - spends quite serious money - and produces relegation results and the team is a soft touch with opponents aware that just one goal and they are in the box seats.

There isn't much prospect of changing things round this season so we might as well just play it out - but a couple of early poor results in August/ early September is going to convince the current Holloway faithfuls that he is a lost cause, this will start unstopable pressure for change before yet another season is wasted and poor old Milan will be starting his searches all over again.

I thought GM could have done a job for us. But because of his checkered past and hatred from some Leicester fans he was never going to stay, when Bolton came along.

Now Ollie is totally different, hes like-able and a lot easier to endear to. And this why he will be difficult to let go in some fans minds.

His record on and off the pitch has to take precedence to his like-able character.

There is no sense in getting rid of Ollie at this stage but I can't help thinking he's no long term bet.

He has no pedigree to speak of and has quite possibly the worst CV of nay manager we've had in the last 30 years (possible exception RK??) - a good half season with Plymouth is the best he can say at most... :102:

We're living in hope that he may be some rough diamond that comes good with us but there's no evidence of that coming to fruition...

He likes his media career and I can't help feeling that's where he sees himself ending up ultimately...

Man for man we have a decent team for this division and should be performing better...

Stick with him now - there's no alternative and then take a view 10 games of so into next year...

I am still behind Holloway 100%. The fact is most Leicester fans who post on this site will never be happy.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the one thing we all have in common is that we want Leicester to play good football, win and get to the Premiership. The problem is that this is not going to happen anytime soon.

The club has been mismanaged for years and frankly some of the players are over paid and under worked week in week out.

We may as well admit it - we just aint very good! A few months ago Glen Roeders name was mentioned as a potential manager and he was slagged off by 99% of the people on this site - and look what he has done at Norwich.

I then read recently that we should get Dowie in!!?? What, are you insane?? What has Dowie done in his last 3 jobs that make you think he is better than Holloway - and why do you think any other manager will have any better success at this Club.

What has taken years to put wrong will take years to put right - I am afraid there is no quick fix. We will not get relegated this season if Holloway stays as manager - there are 3 worse clubs than City (just about) - but we must try and instill a degree of normality to this club by having a manager who is given time to try and build a squad that plays good, consistent football on a weekly basis.

This though, as much as even I hate to say it, will not happen overnight. So rather than calling for Holloways head we should be trying to rally round and get behind him. If Holloway resigns or is sacked before the end of this season - I actually think that we could get relegated, and it is nothing more than we would deserve.

There is no sense in getting rid of Ollie at this stage but I can't help thinking he's no long term bet.

He has no pedigree to speak of and has quite possibly the worst CV of nay manager we've had in the last 30 years (possible exception RK??) - a good half season with Plymouth is the best he can say at most... :102:

We're living in hope that he may be some rough diamond that comes good with us but there's no evidence of that coming to fruition...

He likes his media career and I can't help feeling that's where he sees himself ending up ultimately...

Man for man we have a decent team for this division and should be performing better...

Stick with him now - there's no alternative and then take a view 10 games of so into next year...

I agree with all that except 10 games next season is far too long. By that time we would be condemned to another wasted season.

Sometime next September it will be clear enough whether there has been any major improvement - and it will take a big, big improvement for us to be heading for the business places near the top of the division. If so, all well and good and let's stick with Ollie. However, if we are still looking like strugglers then get him out and give Milan time to try to find someone better.

I think it would be in Ollie's own interests to quiten down a bit and concentrate on the playing rather than the talking side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00