Where To From Here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ollie will walk as soon as we hit the relegation zone for a sustained period.

Taggart will be managing us by the time we play Stoke on the final day.

I think your right hazza. I feel he will resign rather than get sacked.

I honestly think that this job is way over IH head. But he is a decent man when all said and done, and i think he allready feels hes failed to move us onwards, and it would look better for him to walk and reasemble himself with a league 1 team.

I didnt think i would ever say this but i think its time for a Souness type manager to start lighting some fires under the arses of these totally lazy, but able lot we call Leicester City.

I think your right hazza. I feel he will resign rather than get sacked.

I honestly think that this job is way over IH head. But he is a decent man when all said and done, and i think he allready feels hes failed to move us onwards, and it would look better for him to walk and reasemble himself with a league 1 team.

I didnt think i would ever say this but i think its time for a Souness type manager to start lighting some fires under the arses of these totally lazy, but able lot we call Leicester City.

The very fact that it is already being reported that IH has offered to resign once before would demonstrate that he under estimated the enormity of the task ahead and the associated pressure of managing a bigger club with higher expectations than anything he has previously experienced.

I also wonder whether Ollie has realised he is way out of his depth, his character is very vibrant, enthusiastic and motivational, however this does not seem to have had the desired effect with the current bunch and maybe Ollie has realised that his style of management is clearly not suited to the quality of players at his disposal and the type of player he should now be trying to attract to the club.

It would seem a very similar situation to that of Keegan at Newcastle, a recognised motivator and very enthusiastic Manager who was appointed in the hope of sparking a team, but has been found wanting very quickly when exposed to the tactical side of the game.

Maybe at clubs like Leicester, where we know have fantastic facilities, the ability to pay big wages and attract excellent crowds the days of employing an MON style of motivator has long passed us by and IMO Holloway has realised this hence his earlier publicised offer to resign.

Give me strength; the tone of many posters on here is STILL based on Holloway not being up to managing a 'big team', like Leicester. We are, and have been for 3-4 seasons, a club struggling to remain in the Championship.
I wonder if this 'big club' belief is prevalent within the club. We do act as if we have some divine right to win games. When we roll our sleeves up, we can turn over teams like Watford and Norwich, but usually we seem to expect victory and sulk when the little opposition don't play ball.

Give me strength; the tone of many posters on here is STILL based on Holloway not being up to managing a 'big team', like Leicester. We are, and have been for 3-4 seasons, a club struggling to remain in the Championship.
I wonder if this 'big club' belief is prevalent within the club. We do act as if we have some divine right to win games. When we roll our sleeves up, we can turn over teams like Watford and Norwich, but usually we seem to expect victory and sulk when the little opposition don't play ball.

Couldn't agree more, we aren't a big club and never have been.

we're not a small club though when you look at potential fan base.

when you compare that to team who are in the division above.

Teams like reading and blackburn average 23,000 and they are in the prem, we would be getting 30,000 + every week.

There are team like bolton wigan fulham who only get 19,000.

though at the moment we have to face facts we are a low championship club.

In history we have been a top of champ and bottom of prem side nothing more than that.

I don't think that this is the issue.

The problem isn't that there is widespread delusion that we are a 'big' club. We are a medium sized club but people are questioning whether Holloway is up to managing a club of this status. I don't think he is. As to a right to win games - this isn't the issue in point either. The issue there is that considering the inputs into the squad - the outcomes just don't match. We are continually under-performing against teams with much less resources. In this situation , the manager has to take responsibility.

My guess is that the players don't take Holloway that seriously. His absurd comments like claiming that Watford playing with 10 men was to our disadvantage makes it difficult for him to be taken seriously. When he tries to talk tough he comes across as a 'pretend b-astard' when what we need to sort things out is a 'real b-stard'.

I agree in footballing terms we are a provincial mid size type of club, however in championship terms we are a biggish club with massive potential, we have excellent facilities and attendences for this level and we have the financial clout to be up there challenging for the better players on the market at our level.

We have seen it happen for many years at many differing clubs who are percieved to be under achieving. Wolves, Birmingham, Sheffield Wednesday, Derby, West Brom and Manchester City immediately spring to mind as examples of clubs who have at times struggled outside the premiership with the weight of expectation and except for Man City are IMO similar sized clubs with similar ambitions.

It has taken those clubs in similar positions as us to frequently change Managers in the search for success, and with the exception of Wednesday all the clubs mentioned have, even if it be for a short time, been able to find some degree of success.

It should not matter one little bit if we are a "big" club or a "small" club. The manager and his team are there to set the team up and to motivate if and when needed. IH manages the team, the rest of the club is managed by different departments and I am sure they have their own managers. If IH cannot do this, and I am afraid his time seems to be running out, he should take a step back and look at his and the clubs situation in finer detail. I have no time for silly excuses, I would much rather he mullered a player in public, the others then might just get the message and pull their socks up rather then be shown up in the media as useless tossers. He seems afraid to do this

Well said that man.

Firstly Leicester are a big club. Man U , Arse etc are massive clubs. Forget the playing staff, just look at the club, facilities and fan base. We are not doing ourselves any justice in thinking we are a medium club. WE need to think positive as fans, and hope the playing staff start to believe it also.

Im sick of mates of mine who follow other clubs telling me that IH is funny and a good read. I dont find anything remotely funny in losing nearly every week, and playing shite 'to-boot'.

IH works better with players who are predominately young, more 'team' orientated and enthusiastic. He rubs off on that type of player.These types are usually found in the lower leagues. The current squad we have are crying out to be disciplined and shown some guidance. IH is not that man.

Firstly Leicester are a big club. Man U , Arse etc are massive clubs. Forget the playing staff, just look at the club, facilities and fan base. We are not doing ourselves any justice in thinking we are a medium club. WE need to think positive as fans, and hope the playing staff start to believe it also.

Im sick of mates of mine who follow other clubs telling me that IH is funny and a good read. I dont find anything remotely funny in losing nearly every week, and playing shite 'to-boot'.

IH works better with players who are predominately young, more 'team' orientated and enthusiastic. He rubs off on that type of player.These types are usually found in the lower leagues. The current squad we have are crying out to be disciplined and shown some guidance. IH is not that man.

They need to be named and shamed in the media if and when they deserve it...

therein lies the prroblem fans are quite positive thats why we get virtually 23k to every home game they turn up because they think city will win and look how many times weve been let down by those overpaid tossers :102:

id be inclined to go along with that considering our predicament i know some will say 'thats not going to help..blah blah blah...' but neither is holloways stance of blaming everyone except himself and the players only they can put things right instead of bleating about the refs etc

Paul Jewell went ballistic this week at Derby. As a manager if your players dont compete and give up, thats an extension of the manager. Jewell knows hes better than that, hence the public bollocking.

What do we get from Ollie........'we need our luck to change.......i cant blame the players......blah blah blah. Im sick of it.

Cant people see on here hes defeated, hes got nothing left to give, he needs to go its not working out for IH FACT!!!

Cant people see on here hes defeated, hes got nothing left to give, he needs to go its not working out for IH FACT!!!

so who would you get and dont say 'anyone is better than what we have now' name names and who is to say anyone wants the job i know i wouldnt :102:

id be inclined to go along with that considering our predicament i know some will say 'thats not going to help..blah blah blah...' but neither is holloways stance of blaming everyone except himself and the players only they can put things right instead of bleating about the refs etc

if you knew by playing for the club in a half hearted fashion, you would be named and shamed on the radio, TV and newspapers by the club and made to look like the twats they are, I am sure they would play different. Massive shame heaped upon them, they would think twice

I am afraid MM's comment about 20 managers has gone to everyones head. Well we have 14 to go before we all turn on MM for not telling the truth and it should have been more than 20.

if you knew by playing for the club in a half hearted fashion, you would be named and shamed on the radio, TV and newspapers by the club and made to look like the twats they are, I am sure they would play different. Massive shame heaped upon them, they would think twice

I very much doubt if they could give a stuff, to be honest - they'd just go off in a sulk and release a story to the press about dressing room unrest

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69