Where To From Here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex - a simple question.

Do you consider that our results are a fair reflection of the investment made in players?

Yes and no. I actually don't think this is a simple question.

Last summer's recruitment policy was totally shite - lots of money spent on absolute nonsense. Since IH has come I generally believe his transfer policy has been spot on, clearing out the crap and getting players like Howard and Oakley in. If he had been able to obtain Sinclair and or a.n.other winger then I think we would have seen the benefit in home games against Plymouth for example.

It is an absolute mystery to me why we cannot win football matches aside from the odd one here and there. I can only think that the damage done by the likes of Levein, Kelly and Allen is far deeper than we recognise. The trouble is players like Lackso and Bori and now being bought in to a side bereft of confidence and fighting for our lives to hang on in this division. Clearly they're not up to it yet......

I DO believe that IH would get the club back on track but this will take time. My main hope is we can pull away from the relegation zone enough to start relaxing a bit and planning for the summer.

I haven't really answered the question have I?

so who would you get and dont say 'anyone is better than what we have now' name names and who is to say anyone wants the job i know i wouldnt :102:

Ive allready said YV that the time now is for a disciplinarian, like a souness.

Im sure the BM's will come out and say 'we dont want that twat Souness, etc etc '. These same people have poo pooed Warnock, Roeder and to some extent saw off GM ( who by the way, if he had the backing of the fans, IMO would have stayed, would have had 2 transfer windows under his belt and stabalised the club. Hes also known to drop and bollock players who arent doing the business). But they forget these type of managers have had real dealings with 'big' players and big player egos.They know how to handle these types. Theyve maybe had mixed success at other clubs, but they were never given a chance at this club.

Yes and no. I actually don't think this is a simple question.

Last summer's recruitment policy was totally shite - lots of money spent on absolute nonsense. Since IH has come I generally believe his transfer policy has been spot on, clearing out the crap and getting players like Howard and Oakley in. If he had been able to obtain Sinclair and or a.n.other winger then I think we would have seen the benefit in home games against Plymouth for example.

It is an absolute mystery to me why we cannot win football matches aside from the odd one here and there. I can only think that the damage done by the likes of Levein, Kelly and Allen is far deeper than we recognise. The trouble is players like Lackso and Bori and now being bought in to a side bereft of confidence and fighting for our lives to hang on in this division. Clearly they're not up to it yet......

I DO believe that IH would get the club back on track but this will take time. My main hope is we can pull away from the relegation zone enough to start relaxing a bit and planning for the summer.

I haven't really answered the question have I?

You just try and see the positive Alex,theres nothing wrong with that and Yes i'm being sincere.We are all different and have different ways of looking at things:102:

Ive allready said YV that the time now is for a disciplinarian, like a souness.

Im sure the BM's will come out and say 'we dont want that twat Souness, etc etc '. These same people have poo pooed Warnock, Roeder and to some extent saw off GM ( who by the way, if he had the backing of the fans, IMO would have stayed, would have had 2 transfer windows under his belt and stabalised the club. Hes also known to drop and bollock players who arent doing the business). But they forget these type of managers have had real dealings with 'big' players and big player egos.They know how to handle these types. Theyve maybe had mixed success at other clubs, but they were never given a chance at this club.

Souness was brought in at Newcastle on exactly the same premise. That went well :icon_roll

Souness was brought in at Newcastle on exactly the same premise. That went well :icon_roll

Dont roll your eyes at me, i dont have all the answers, but at least im willing to give people a chance at this club, unlike some, who also criticise other peoples posts, but add nothing new themselves.

EDIT. Ollie for me has had his chance.

Last edited:
Dont roll your eyes at me, i dont have all the answers, but at least im willing to give people a chance at this club, unlike some, who also criticise other peoples posts, but add nothing new themselves.

EDIT. Ollie for me has had his chance.

he has got you there Duzza......:icon_razz

You are saying Souness would be a good appointment because he is a disciplinarian. Sounds like you are offering an answer to me. I am saying he has failed in that role in similar circumstances before so he's not for me. Is that not adding anything new?

Has he? He doesnt even refute that Souness has already failed under similar circumstances.

Souness IMO is a tosser and would be worse than IH. Why is he applying for all these jobs, including Leicester and not getting one. He has been kicked out of more clubs than Jessel as bookies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00