Where To From Here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say that a lot of the fans who go there just want us to win and aren't too bothered about the good football is.Its all about winning and winning by any means for most fans,we weren't an attractive side under MON but we were effective.I might be wrong,after all I don't go,but I'd imagine most fands would be happy if we won ugly rather than lost attractively.:102:

Holloway talks as if we have been an unlucky team and that things will surely change. If we were creating chance after chance, hitting the post/bar whilst having little to do at the other end, then i would agree.
Everyone knows that its nothing like that. The facts are that we rarely if at all stamp any control or authority on a game. We are hardly ever comfortable in a match, and we are struggling to compete even on a 50-50 basis in most games. The retention of the ball is rubbish, and distribution even worse. Regarding football there is no pattern, style or class about anything we do. Never ending aimless balls into blind alleys, of which the headless chicken (hume) will receive great acclaim for chasing.Other forwards who seem happy to spend an extra week on the treatment table, whilst some are bizarrely kept out of the picture at the expense of journeymen pros.
Midfielders without either confidence or guile to trouble opponents, whilst others stroll around knowing that their lucrative contracts will keep them in the comfort zone well after they have left the club they dont give a toss about. Its a mess, and considering the level of hope and expectations at the start of the season, this should be judged as possibly the worst season in the history of LCFC. Relegation would be a fitting punishment for this bollox imo.

name 1 player who is playing for the shirt and not their oversized paychck

That's where man management comes into it. You have to work out what will motivate the players, trying to get them to play for the shirt is just plain rediculous, it won't happen unless they are a fan of the club.

Holloway talks as if we have been an unlucky team and that things will surely change. If we were creating chance after chance, hitting the post/bar whilst having little to do at the other end, then i would agree.
Everyone knows that its nothing like that. The facts are that we rarely if at all stamp any control or authority on a game. We are hardly ever comfortable in a match, and we are struggling to compete even on a 50-50 basis in most games. The retention of the ball is rubbish, and distribution even worse. Regarding football there is no pattern, style or class about anything we do. Never ending aimless balls into blind alleys, of which the headless chicken (hume) will receive great acclaim for chasing.Other forwards who seem happy to spend an extra week on the treatment table, whilst some are bizarrely kept out of the picture at the expense of journeymen pros.
Midfielders without either confidence or guile to trouble opponents, whilst others stroll around knowing that their lucrative contracts will keep them in the comfort zone well after they have left the club they dont give a toss about. Its a mess, and considering the level of hope and expectations at the start of the season, this should be judged as possibly the worst season in the history of LCFC. Relegation would be a fitting punishment for this bollox imo.

agree with every word of that. after watching that shit on saturday i was fecked off to hear ollie placing focus on the penalty decision, yes it may have seemed odd but if he thinks that was the main decider in the game he wants to take his head out of his arse and notice that our tactics and general effort is awful.

That's where man management comes into it. You have to work out what will motivate the players, trying to get them to play for the shirt is just plain rediculous, it won't happen unless they are a fan of the club.

but he cant play for them ollie is the only 1 with passion

but he cant play for them ollie is the only 1 with passion

As BB has pointed out, we are rarely in a position where we look as if we are competing on a 50:50 basis. Sometimes, I have seen the team appear to try as hard as they are able - but still struggle to compete. On other occasions as everyone knows they appear somewhat lifeless.

Basically, there should be enough ability in the squad to compete in this league. You would think that what was required was some organisation and motivation. Holloway has been at the club long enough now to be expected to make an impact on these areas. It will be best all round if he proves he can do that - but there isn't much evidence there to-date.

As BB has pointed out, we are rarely in a position where we look as if we are competing on a 50:50 basis. Sometimes, I have seen the team appear to try as hard as they are able - but still struggle to compete. On other occasions as everyone knows they appear somewhat lifeless.

Basically, there should be enough ability in the squad to compete in this league. You would think that what was required was some organisation and motivation. Holloway has been at the club long enough now to be expected to make an impact on these areas. It will be best all round if he proves he can do that - but there isn't much evidence there to-date.

even mourinho couldn't sort this lot out :mad:

Correct me if I am wrong, but the one thing we all have in common is that we want Leicester to play good football, win and get to the Premiership. The problem is that this is not going to happen anytime soon.

We may as well admit it - we just aint very good! A few months ago Glen Roeders name was mentioned as a potential manager and he was slagged off by 99% of the people on this site - and look what he has done at Norwich.

1. I would rather see us play boring shit football and win, rather than good football and lose. I have said this many times. If we have played awful and lost the taste of defeat lingers. If we play shit and win, at the final whistle everything is forgotten and things look better.

2. You must realise all football fans are shit hot experts when it comes to picking players, and managers.....:icon_roll

Why is this though? There must be a reason why players come to Leicester and appear to play below their abilities. One contributory factor may well be lack of leaders on the pitch.
I believe that is the main reason, those leaders are usually the ones with the mental strength, you need 2 or 3 and the rest will follow. We don't have any at the moment, that's why we continue to give in.

D J Campbell:
Steve Bruce figured no good for Premiership.
Along come Leicester and pay £1600000
Player really pissed off, still thinks he could have made it in top flight.
Heart has gone out of the game, figured well I am going to put my feet up, nice pay day at Leicester.
Conclusion overpriced Failure.

Stephen Clemence:
Along come Leicester and pay £1000000
Heart has gone out of the game, figured well I am going to put my feet up, nice pay day at Leicester.

Matthew Oakley:
He could not cut it in the Premiership.
Along come Leicester and pay £500000

Steven Howard:
Along come Leicester and pay £1500000

I have really tried to try and stay positive that defeat at Coventry was a real set back.
Where To From Here?
I wish I had the answer.

This again is where Holloway should be motivating them. Tell them that they'll all get at least one year in the prem if they get us promoted, that'll give them the chance to make their ex-managers look like cnuts. Annoyance towards someone else can be a great motivator.

I believe that is the main reason, those leaders are usually the ones with the mental strength, you need 2 or 3 and the rest will follow. We don't have any at the moment, that's why we continue to give in.

I know what you are saying but IMO the signings of Clemence, Oakley, Howard and to a lesser extent Hayles were the leaders that we have been so sadly lacking over the last 2 or 3 seasons.

Clem and Oakley both skippered teams to promotion last season, whilst Howard and Hayles have always been vocal and given the impression of being leaders on and off the pitch.

My concern is that these players have signed for the club and then within a matter of weeks have realised what a fecking shambles the club is and that existing playing staff on the whole lack the desire, ambition and determination to succeed.

The club reeks of defeat and negativity.

Taggart says 5 or 6 wins are needed to ensure our survival.

What a sad state of affairs that once again we have to hear a statement like this come the run in to the season end.

How the mighty have fallen. It feckin hurts...

D J Campbell:
Along come Leicester and pay £1600000

Stephen Clemence:
Along come Leicester and pay £1000000

Matthew Oakley:
Along come Leicester and pay £500000

Steven Howard:
Along come Leicester and pay £1500000

I have really tried to try and stay positive that defeat at Coventry was a real set back.
Where To From Here?
I wish I had the answer.

Just to clarify, you are aware we aren't in the Premiership aren't you?

Des Walker - Legend. Scored own goal in playoff semi, Forest lost, catalyst for Forest's destruction.

Ade Akinbaye - Legend. Missed an open goal against Wycombe in the FA Cup. Leicester lost, catalyst for Leicester's destruction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00