Which City player was your best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember my first ever match I went too. God I was only young but I will always remember Steve Lynex. Leicester Vs Liverpool I was so young, I can't remember if it was 3-1 or 4-1 Leicester, I think a goal could have been dissallowed & I didn't understand being so young!

Must look up the history now, but I remember Lynex bagging a brace!

Do any of you guys know where I can look up games like that?

Leicester Vs Liverpool around "86/88?

lynex scored in 84 in a 3-3?

Which city

Who-Izzet wrote:
I remember my first ever match I went too. God I was only young but I will always remember Steve Lynex. Leicester Vs Liverpool I was so young, I can't remember if it was 3-1 or 4-1 Leicester, I think a goal could have been dissallowed & I didn't understand being so young!

I remember a tremendous 3-3 draw with Liverpool around 83-84-85.It was an evening match and Lynex had a great game for us.

For my favourite its got to be Lineker. I was lucky enough to follow most of his career with Leicester both home and away.A super finisher inside the penalty area and fantastic pace to scare the pants off most opponents.
A true Leicester legend of which Steve Walsh can only come near.

Did you see Kevin Poole played the last 10mins for Bolton against Middlesbrough. Shame he gifted them the equaliserl.

I couldn't believe it was him, didn't know he was still playing.
How old is he!?

PEN3 said:
Keith Weller - the most skilful player I ever saw.
Alan Young - a real favourite amongst the supporters
Larry May - the best centre half we have had in recent years. Strong and athletic
Steve Lynex - If only we had a winger with his trickery and pace.
Alan Smith - technically a better player than Lineker, and a bargain at £12k from Alvechurch
Kevin McDonald - Ice cool : noted for his cheeky back headers to the keeper.

All fantastic players along with Gibson, Nish, Glover, Stevie Earle, Cross, Shilton, Banks, Mclintock, Worthington, Kember, the list goes on, Oh and Rodney Fern! Lennon, Linaker, Izzet.................

If we had players half as good as these now we would be good.

Foxes_Never_Quit said:
Did you see Kevin Poole played the last 10mins for Bolton against Middlesbrough. Shame he gifted them the equaliserl.

I couldn't believe it was him, didn't know he was still playing.
How old is he!?

I scored a Penatly past kevin Poole at the Bromsgrove fair - I did later see him eating in Pizza Hut too! :D

Was it really 3-3?

That must have been the one then. 84? I was only 6 years. lol & I always thought we won it haha! Well anyway that was when I became a Leicester fan & interested in football.

That guy Steve Lynex stuck out bigtime then.

quote]

All fantastic players along with Gibson, Nish, Glover, Stevie Earle, Cross, Shilton, Banks, Mclintock, Worthington, Kember, the list goes on, Oh and Rodney Fern! Lennon, Linaker, Izzet.................

If we had players half as good as these now we would be good.[/quote]

Some great players there, spoken to Nish. Nice bloke.

Dont recall Kember though, when did he play?

I was at the game when we drew 3-3 against Liverpool - perhaps the best gave I have seen at Filbert Street. Andy Peake scored first. Steve Lynex chipped Grobelaar. Lineker then outpaced Lawrenson and Hansena and poked the ball into the net. Pen 3 went crazy!!

Steven said:
Orifice said:
Frank Worthington. What a star! Those were the days when being cocky was admired

Frank it is. A hero from when I started being aware of City.

Him or Joe Waters

We must be roughly the same age as it is Frank Worthington for me as well. :p :wink:

me too :wink:

Connelly was MK's favourite 'cos he took his shorts off. :lol: :wink:

Walsh, lineker, claridge, shilton, cross, worthington, Sep Smith, izzet, lennon, savage (many people will disagree but he was a cult hero when he was here), banks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669