Gigs Whitesnake/Def Lepard NEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazzer

Bit of a let down in my opinion Whitesnake were on first Coverdale struggled to hit the notes and did indeed point his mic out the crowd every time a high one came around.He looked a bit a freaky as he was all bottoxed up Def Lep were ok but pissed me off as they didnt do their cover of Sweets Action chosing to do a cover of the David Essex classic Rock on.
All in all disappointed NEC still a crap hole with warm beer at 3.75 for half a pint and at £42 a ticket not good value for money :icon_roll
Bring on Queen/Paul Rodgers in november :038:

Always a kick in the teeth when that happens.

Not over keen on Whitesnake, but I would always expect them to be good at what they do.

I won't get to see them until mid July but I'm quite looking forward to it, I've seen Def Leppard before and I thought they were great, great sound quality and a good setlist they put out, might have been because they were in their hometown - I'll have the added bonus of seeing Thunder with them in Nottingham. What was this Black Stone Cherry band like anyway?

Dont know about Black cherry shaun couldnt be arsed to get up from the bar and go and see them. Im sure you will enjoy them both.

I don't know about other people but I thought Def Leppard's new album was a huge disappointment.

I don't know about other people but I thought Def Leppard's new album was a huge disappointment.

I got it, it wasn't great, there are 3 or 4 good songs and the rest is pretty crap. Whitesnake's new one is 10 times better...

Saw these guys last night in Nottingham. Thunder as the opening at. Thunder were great, Def Leppard were excellent again, was disappointed with Whitesnake, first time I'd seen them. Coverdale couldn't reach the big notes anymore and whenever one came up he would just scream into the microphone death metal style, some of the songs they did were okay, they did two acoustic songs which were both nice and the two final songs were pretty godd (Here I Go Again/ Still Of Night) also quite enjoyed Is This Love but every other song they did was terrible.. they also had some giant guitar duel before one of the songs which was dull to put it bluntly..

Still, Thunder were great as I'd expected and Def Leppard, I heard they had been in bad form but I thought they were the best band of the night, vocals were spot on all night from Joe Elliott and the crowd responded well! Slightly disappointed that they played Animal a bit heavier than the studio track but you can't have it all.

Good show on the whole, probably wouldn't go and see Whitesnake again if I'm honest and neither of the three were a patch on Bon Jovi, but then - I didn't expect them to be :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669